Mistaken

Mistaken
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Well well well, if it isn’t my favorite employee!”

 

“Please keep it down Matthew. I just got here.” The woman brushed past the giant man.

 

“I hope you’ll fix that attitude before you start working. Happy and flirty Jiwoo equals more money.” Matthew playfully stated. Jiwoo smirked at him as she walked by, not being effected by his remark. Everyone at the club knew about the close relationship they had.

 

“Yeah yeah, got it boss!”

 

Jiwoo walked past the sweaty crowd of people, who apparently got an early start on getting messed up. She never understood why people drank so much, well she knew some reasons but there had to be some hope. She walked by a guy, who was alone in a booth, crying out as he was drinking. I guess there wasn’t much hope. But she didn’t feel bad for these people, well some of them at least. We all got problems, not everyone could be saved.

 

Jiwoo made it safely towards the backroom. Tonight she was working as a bartender. She never had a legit position, because the only reason she worked here was to have a night job and Matthew had offered her the job. She didn’t mind it though. She did prefer DJ-ing more, since bartending meant listening to people’s problems and getting involved into drama. But the people easily got attracted to her, which meant more business and Matthew used that to his full advantage. However, she did have a problem with her bartending outfit. It was basically a suit but the pants were made of leather material. Leather is good for business, Jiwoo! She could practically hear Matthew’s words.

 

The blonde took a deep sigh before stepping out, letting the loud booming music damage her eardrums. It was near finals week and she was tired from all the studying, so she hoped that tonight would be more relaxing. I really hope things aren’t too crazy tonight.

 

***

 

Jiwoo really didn’t mind her job, but tonight was just not going well. One customer was being too greedy, a woman got into a fight with her, and then the music that was playing was so boring. Matthew should’ve let her DJ for the night. The y and annoying customers were surprisingly the last to her problem. She just wanted the night to be over.

 

She leaned against the back counter and began to clean the empty glasses, until she saw a woman make her way towards the bar. The woman’s steps were a bit lousy and Jiwoo could tell the woman had been drinking tonight, not enough to be messed up, but she was probably almost there.

 

“Just give me your strongest drink please,” Jiwoo looked up, studying the woman and wondering if she should make her drink or tell the customer to just go home and resolve whatever was bothering her. But it was so hard for Jiwoo to see the girl clearly, the club was extra dark tonight but the constant flashes of lights helped her see that the woman’s eyes were red and full of sorrow, yet mixed with… anger? In the end she decided to mind her business and made the woman’s drink.

 

“Here you go,” she put the drink in front of the woman and leaned back onto the counter as she went back to cleaning the other glasses. The light had managed to hover over the woman and Jiwoo got a bit lost into her beauty. The woman did look like a mess, but there was just something about the way she chugged down her drink that drove Jiwoo’s inside crazy. The woman looked up and they held eye contact for a good minute until the woman closed her eyes and laid her head on the counter.

 

“Would you like for me to call you a cab?” Jiwoo carefully asked as she leaned closer to the woman.

 

“No, just leave me here to die.”

 

“Okay, enjoy.” Jiwoo was about to walk away until she felt a hand grabbing her wrist, nails digging into her skin.

 

“Yah! That’s it?!” Jiwoo could only smirk as she pulled her wrist away.

 

“Yeah.” She walked away to attend more customers. The other woman could only squint her eyes before forgetting what just happened. There were enough issues in her life, one rude bartender had no effect towards her. She went over to another bartender and ordered more drinks, more than her body could handle. And she sometimes wondered why no one ever stopped her. Did no one care? Was everyone heartless? Hell, she didn’t care.

 

***

 

Most of the people were drunk and on the dance floor, so Jiwoo finally got a small break. She thought she could enjoy the somewhat peaceful atmosphere but her mind would always end up thinking about the woman that was at the bar earlier. It’s been a couple of minutes and she hadn’t seen sign of her anywhere. I really hope she went home.

 

When the bartender lo

Please log in to read the full chapter