collaboration

Chasing Cars
Red Velvet was once again, at the top five of every music chart with their recent comeback, and they have stood there for almost a month. Due to their success, several tv shows had called their company in order to have them on their show, or radio station. It was something the girls loved, receiving all the love and feeling that their hard work was totally worth it, yet it was also very tiring, doing one show after another without almost any break.

They usually did not complained about their schedule or any other things. Their staff always said they were really good girls and they loved them for it. But then they were told they were going to make an album with other idol group, the girls were immediately tense. They were not uncomfortable interacting or making collabs with other groups, they actually loved to meet other idols and have fun. But not with this particular group.

The girls did not had something against BTS at all, in fact, Yeri and Joy were big fans of theirs, but things were tense since Irene and V shared history. Of course, there were only rumors in public, but only the members knew how real it had been between those two. But since Irene broke up with V six months ago, they couldn’t help but feel awkward.

They arrived earlier to the place where they were supposed to meet in order to discuss the detail of the album with their respective CEO’s and managers. Apparently, the main reason for the collaboration album between the two groups, besides the CEO’s friendship, was that BTS wanted to rank up in Korea, for they were internationally the most popular group but nationally they could still improve, while Red Velvet was the top on Korea, but was lacking of international support. Wendy thought it made sense and she was secretly excited since it meant a new challenge for her singing, but at the same time she was nervous and unsure about it, since fans tended to be really mean and negative when boys and girls group collided.

The room in which they were waiting for the other group is big, with four huge sofas. Wendy was playing with her phone with Yeri resting in her lap when the door opened, and the boys from BTS appeared, followed by their CEO and their manager. Yeri literally jumped from Wendy’s lap and sat next to her looking very awake, and that made her laugh, it made her forget how tense the aire was before.

BTS took two of the four sofas to sit, and chatted friendly towards each other after greeting the girls with simples head shakes and bows, but the tension between Taehyung and Irene was always there. The CEO’s shaked hands and had a friendly little chat before going directly to business.

“As you might already know, the main reason for this collab is to rise the group's popularity and rankings in areas where they are lacking” BigHit CEO started talking to the groups. “Also, this year is the inauguration of a movement called United Korean Entretaintment Awards, in which entertainment companies make special comebacks, shorts, advertisements and concerts with the artist in order to pick money to help others, we thought making a collaboration would be good. ” he ended his short speech with a smile.

“Of course we know what this could mean” SM’s CEO added. “Gaining hate from other group’s fans and to be open to a lot of rumors and critics.” she glanced mostly at the girls, since mostly of that kind of hate was always towards the female part.

"I’m very confident in that you will know how to behave, since you’ve always been very well-behaved and always away from bad rumors, so I’m not really worried about it” she reassured the girls, who stopped breathing for a moment.

“Of course, we will not force you to do it” the other CEO took the word again. “We will give you some minutes to discuss these between the both of you, is that okay?” he smiled again, like a grandfather, when both of the teams nodded quietly. Both of the CEOs and the managers left the room some seconds after that.

There was a huge silence once they left, in which Irene and Taehyung looked at each other fiercely, while the other members looked like they wanted to die. Nobody really knew why they broke up, but it was clearly intense.

After some very uncomfortable silence, Namjoon decided to break the silence.

“What do you think, then?” he said, just to break the tension, making every single person in the room look at him. Wendy noticed his intentions right away, and decided to support him, ignoring Taehyun glance.

“W-Well… I mean…” she basically screamed. “The CEOs are not wrong when they said that both of our groups could improve in some areas…” she laughed nervously, and punched Yeri on the rips, to make her support her. She groaned, but understood completely what Wendy meant.

“I think so too, also it would increase the chances to get awards, and you know… fans” she did not knew what else to say. It was important to win awards, everyone agreed with it, but not the most important, yet it was a good point.

“But we can also get a lot of hate…” Joy said what nobody wanted to say or hear.

There was a moment of silence. The boy’s were not sure of what to say, since the ones that would suffer more for that were Red Velvet. Also, all the members wanted to do the collab, they always believed the girls were talented and they knew Taehyung was professional enough to leave his personal feelings away from the business, but at the end, it was entirely up to the girls.

“It’s not like it’s new” Wendy said then, catching everyone’s attention. “Besides, because I’m always looking through social medias, I have a clear view and there’s a lot of people that seemed excited about a collab” Wendy assured them. “And it is for a good cause.” she ended her speech with confidence.

“I agree with her. I spend a lot of time in social medias too, and I’ve seen some comments about it” Jungkook nodded. “And I think it would be awesome” he shrugged slightly.

That been said, the girls seemed a lot more positive about it, and Joy, Yeri, Wendy and Seulgi were looking expectant at Irene, who sighted like an old woman. She knew they wanted to do it, she knew it was beneficial and deep down, she was no different. The excitement on the other member’s eyes made her forget why they were tense in the first place and smiled brightly.

“Then it’s settled. It is an yes from us” Irene said.

“I guess that’s it. We’re doing it” Namjoon agreed, looking at every member of his band, and they all nodded, including V, who still looked angry but more calmed than before.

After the CEOs heard their response, both groups exchanged handshakes and smiles as their schedules were handed off to them.