4AM

4AM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

—It might have been a better idea not to try to beat him at that basketball game when it was 6°C outside. Now I'm locked up at home, unable to go anywhere, and if you think that isn’t enough, he won the match. —Dajin laughed at Bora's comment.

—You get into things you shouldn’t, Bora, you know perfectly well that Min Yoongi is skilled in basketball; it was stupid of you to think that you could beat him, now you are ill. Sometimes it’s better to ignore what people say, especially if we don’t get along very well with those people.

—He mocked me, called me ‘childish’ because my phone case was Hello Kitty themed. I wasn’t having any of that, especially when we all know how much he likes Kumamon. —Dajin laughed again.

—I still think you both like each other.

—If you came here to say nonsense the door is right there. —She pointed with her left hand to the door.

—I was going anyway, these are the notes, I wrote every single of them, you owe me one. —Bora smiled warmly at her friend and nodded, Dajin said goodbye and left.

—Well, I'm alone again. —She sighed, placed the notes carefully introduced in plastic covers on the table of her desk, and sat down in bed, to think. She didn’t think about the supreme amount of homework she had, or how bored she was being all alone in an empty house and, to make things worse, sick. She thought about how stupid she'd been when she wanted to confront Min Yoongi in that one-on-one match exactly a week ago, last Friday.

Min Yoongi was extremely irritating and extremely good at basketball, and even though Bora's height surpassed the female average —and Min Yoongi wasn’t very tall— she didn’t manage to defeat him. She had to endure him making fun of her on the way home, in the bus —because he sat next to her— plus, if that wasn’t enough, on Sunday she had fever, the fever had been constant throughout the whole week, and although it wasn’t too high, she had unbearable headaches due to the mucus.

Min Yoongi, you , if it wasn’t because my head is spinning, I would go to your house and kick you in that cocky . She thought as she carried a painkiller into that, with a little bit of luck, would allow her to do her homework and catch up with the lessons she’d been missing.

~

Bora opened one eye, then the other, and frowned as she heard the impatient knocking on wood over the sound of the drops falling mercilessly on the glass of her room. At first, she thought she was dreaming, but then she heard it again. Knock knock. It seemed to come from the front door. She sat up slowly, feeling the pain in her head again.

She put a hand to her forehead and her eyes went directly to the clock on her nightstand, 03:56 AM. She frowned even more. Could it be mom? She rubbed her eyes and walked down the long corridor, stumbling from time to time due to the numbness of sleep still clinging onto her. She opened the door without thinking too much. Before her was Min Yoongi, Min Yoongi. Reality hit Bora right in the face like a truck and drained all the sleepiness that remained in her body.

—Why do you open the door to strangers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter