Solar&Moonbyul

Demi God Diaries

Date Night. 

 

 

 

Camp is great. Really great. Every camper loves camp. But.  If Solar had one (1) complaint, it would be that, as great as camp was, it wasn’t the ideal date location. 

Sure, when Moonbyul brought her to a picnic in front of the lake, with flowers, and music, and food, it had been magical. The walk they took in the strawberries field ? So romantic. But they were so close to New York, you can’t blame Solar for wanting an actual date night in the city. 

 

 

“You’re taking me on a date tonight” Solar casually said as she slipped in the sit next to Moonbyul in the Amphitheater where the latter was observing the swords training class, and taking some illegible notes, probably coming up with new battle strategies. 

“I am ?” Moonbyul asked, amused. She put her pen and notebook down next to her and sat sideways on the bench so she was facing away from the center stage, and towards Solar. It’s one of those small gestures, that the girl’s probably doing unconsciously, that make Solar’s smile a bit wider. “And where exactly ? I am allowed to know where I’m taking you right ?”

New York City.” Solar said with that one grin that meant she just came up with the best idea ever. (it’s usually not, but who’s Moonbyul to complain.) 

Moonbyul frowned slightly “Um, do you think it’s a good idea ? There’s apparently been more monsters attack than usual in the city…”

“Don’t worry about it ! I’m sure it’ll be just fine. We’re experienced fighters. You can take your daggers just in case, I’ll take, uh, whatever I can find that’s small enough to hide, and we’ll be careful and it’s gonna be great.” 

“Because the perfect date always includes worrying about where to hide weapons” Moonbyul mumbled, receiving a small slap on the shoulder. 

“Don’t be a smartass” Solar gave her a look “Come on, it would be so nice. We’ll dress up a bit, we could walk around the city, get something to eat, maybe catch a movie or something. You know you want to !” She looked at her with big, almost imploring eyes, and Moonbyul almost laughed at herself. As if she was actually thinking of saying no to Solar. 

“You’re impossible” she said softly, smiling. 

Solar did take that as a victory as she clapped her hands in excitement. She leaned over and pressed a small kiss on Moonbyul’s lips before standing up and walking away “Meet me at 7 in front of my cabin, we’ll sneak out together”

“I don’t think it’s called sneaking out if we’re already allowed to leave !” Moonbyul called out, but Solar just waved a dismissive hand behind her back. 

 

****

 

At 6:50, Moonbyul was already dressed and ready, waiting in front of Solar’s cabin. She chose a semi-casual outfit, wearing slim black jeans and a pale blue tunic button up. Moonbyul fiddled with her long-sleeves, more precisely with the hidden daggers that were strap on both her arms.  She sighed.  They better not cut through this expensive shirt…

 

The girl looked at her watch. 6:56. 

 

Moonbyul wondered if Solar was as nervous as she was right now. The girl always seemed really confident and relaxed with Moonbyul : casually kissing her on the cheeks or the lips, taking her hand in hers and walking around like always. But they had been dating for barely a month, and Moonbyul was often times just really nervous around Solar. She still had trouble understanding that they were finally dating and that she could basically, within reason, kiss her when she wanted, hold her hand or hug her and know that it wasn’t platonic. 

 

After months of pinning for the girl, knowing that she was able to do all that, well, it felt a bit unreal. She felt like she was in a dream she didn’t want to wake up from. 

 

She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the front door of the cabin open, letting a wave of whispers and giggles and hushing get out. 7:00. Moonbyul smiled. How punctual. 

Her smile got wider when she saw Solar. She had her back to Moonbyul, waving a hand at the people inside the cabin. Probably telling her siblings to stay inside and shut up. And then she turned around. 

 

Moonbyul doesn’t think she’ll ever not be struck by Solar’s beauty. Not that she minds the way her heart beats just a bit faster, or how she has to remind herself not to forget to breath, and she especially does not dislike seeing Solar go from shy to confident, borderline smug, when she sees the very apparent effect she has on Moonbyul. (she could do without her hands getting sweaty though)

 

Solar walked towards Moonbyul, then, looking down at her beige summer dress “I was worried about my outfit choice, but I guess I didn’t need to be” she grinned. 

 Moonbyul cleared . She also wasn’t used to Solar calling her out on her clear admiration for her. It usually was an unspoken fact. “I don’t think you ever need to worry about stuff like that.” 

Solar smiled, softer “You’re cute when you’re embarrassed” she took Moonbyul’s hand in hers, and before the latter could argue “You are also looking very beautiful”

Moonbyul tried to hide her blush “Pff, what, this old thing ?”

Solar smiled, interlaced their fingers together and lead the way out of camp. 

 

***

 

All in all, the date was going great. They ate in a cute (not too expensive) café, they talked and walked around, taking in the sights of the New York night life. Sure, it definitely wasn’t the first time they saw it, but it felt like it. 

The date was going great until it went all kinds of wrong. 

 

Of course. Because I just can’t have nice things, Solar thought as their happy walk in Central Park was interrupted by two harpies-like monsters jumping out of nowhere, and now blocking their paths. 

Immediately, the two girls detached from each other and planted their feet firm on the ground, combat-ready. 

“Oh My, oh my…” one of the harpies’ raspy, horrendous voice resonated around them “Two healthy, grown demi gods…how long has it been ?” 

“Too long” the other one responded, circling them both. 

Solar rolled her eyes at the talkative monsters. Subtly, she looked over to her side, catching Moonbyul’s eyes with her own. 

Years of training and fighting together with someone makes it easier to understand each other, even with just one glance. 

In this instance, with only just one look, Solar could understand that Moonbyul was pretty confident that they could take down those monsters, but probably faster if they each focused on one. Moonbyul on her part understood quickly that Solar intended on taking on the one currently behind them, leaving Moonbyul in charge of the one in front. 

 

Everything after that happened pretty quickly. Moonbyul nodded. Solar nodded. They both jumped on a different enemy. 

 

Solar caught a glimpse of Moonbyul swiftly letting the daggers in her sleeves fall into her hand and skillfully twisting them around her fingers.  Solar always admired her fighting style : it was always so elegant, graceful, every move seemed perfectly calculated before hand. And every time she could, she would watch the other girl practice and fight, sometimes a bit longer than what was considered a ‘platonic amount of time’ (but she didn’t really have to worry about that now).

 

 She probably would have liked to observe her in action now, too, if not for her own opponents that didn’t seem to care much about what Solar would prefer. 

 

So she directed all her attention away from Moonbyul, and towards the harpy, who was still just observing her, her monstrous mouth, as if she was already seeing Solar as a meal before a prey. 

 

As a daughter of Apollo, Solar’s favored weapon would usually be a bow and arrow, but as she could not find a date-friendly size bow, she had to settle on two metal batons she could kind of easily hide up her dress, strapped to the inside of her thighs. 

 

Just as the monster realized that she actually had to kill the girl before being able to eat her, Solar reached for her weapons and jumped at the harpy. She managed to get a few, well placed hit before being lift up then painfully dropped back down onto the concrete. 

 

She quickly pulled herself up with a groan, and again, launched herself at the monster. She dodged a first clawed hand that came straight for her face, and hit the harpy’s hairy arm with her baton. The monster yelled in pain, which encouraged Solar to keep hitting vital points with as much strength as she could muster. A hit on the elbow, one in the stomach, another on the neck, until the harpy fell face first onto the ground, unconscious. 

 

Probably not for long, though. They had to get out of here. 

 

Solar turned around to where Moonbyul was fighting, only to see the other monster laying down, injured and unable to move, but she didn’t instantly see the other girl who had been thrown to the side. She only noticed her when she heard her scream. 

 

 

Immediately her head snapped to the side and she ran to the other girl. 

 

“Are you ok ? Where are you hurt ? What happened ?” Solar asked frantically. 

Moonbyul only looked up at first, she didn’t look hurt, but definitely distraught. Then, slowly, she lifted up both her arms. Solar gently took them and searched for any sign of injury. When she didn’t find any, she lifted her head back towards Moonbyul and gave her a puzzled look. 

“My sleeves…” she started “The dagger completely tore them up… What am I gonna do, it was such an expensive tunic…”

Solar could only look incredulously at the girl sitting if front of her.

“What is wrong with you !?” She said as she threw Moonbyul’s arm back onto her lap, and punched her in the shoulder for good measure. “I thought this was serious !” 

“It is !” She argued “I brought it specifically as a future date outfit!” 

Solar sighed and relaxed “You’re an idiot.” 

Your idiot, unfortunately for you.” She smirked, and stood up. “But seriously, we should probably go back to camp now.” 

 

Solar nodded and took the hand Moonbyul was offering to stand up.  She swiftly pulled on her arm, and in a second Solar was on her feet, her body practically pressed against the other girl’s. One of Moonbyul’s hand instinctively came to rest on her hip, the other was still holding her hand. 

 

“Hi” Moonbyul quietly breathed. Their bodies were so close together, Solar could feel Moonbyul’s erratic heartbeat as if it were her own (maybe it was, too).  Everything was a bit overwhelming, especially when she started to lean in more towards her. 

 

“Hey” she smiled “How bold of you, Moon Byul Yi. Who would’ve thought ?” 

 

“Guess I’m still high on the adrenaline from the fight” she leaned in more and more, and whispered “Or maybe it’s just you” 

 

It was hard to say who exactly closed the gap between their lips.  But it led to a hot and messy make out session, worthy of two high-schooler hiding behind the bleachers instead of going to class.

Hands running through and gripping hair, resting on the waist, the hip, the small of the back, coming back up to frame the face. Biting and of lips. Borderline innapropriate, really.  Even weirder considering they were standing only a few feet away from the unconscious body of the two monsters they just defeated.

 

When they finally pulled away from each other, they were both panting. 

 

“We, uh…” Moonbyul cleared “We should probably, go back to camp now.” 

“Right, right” Solar nodded and untangled herself from her, taking a step back to smooth out her hair and her dress. “You’re right. I can’t really tear up the rest of your tunic here, huh…” 

Solar laughed and ran away as Moonbyul’s face became redder and redder by the second. 

“Y—Yah, Kim Yongsun !” 

 

 

And if the echo of Solar’s laugh were of any indication, anyone would say the date in the city was a real success, monster attack and all. 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally updated something, woohoo! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this little fluff piece. For the next one I wanted to do a Hwasa centric story but honestly I'm all out of idea...if you have any, share it in the comments! See you guys soon with something new I hope TT And don't forget to stream Mamamoo's comeback, out the 7th of this month everybody wooooo!