Homework [Kim Lip x Haseul]

The Work Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the two got together, the news shocked the entire school. Jungeun didn’t like it but she had quite a reputation and was considered popular among her peers. Being part of a school band (that was actually pretty good for them only being high schoolers), had gathered them enough of a fanbase in the city so they were well-known at least locally. The school never opposed to it, in fact they saw it as great promotion for them so they let them be. 

 

She was also the leader and the main singer of said band so of course most of the attention was focused on her. She never expected things to turn out this way but she was forever grateful for all the support and took nothing for granted. The band didn't start as something serious, just a hobby her friends and she started because they were bored.

 

Soon they found themselves gathering the interest of the student body and being asked to play at rallies and other school events. Festivals were the events they played at the most and it was there where she first met Haseul. It had been after one of their performances for the spring festival that had gotten them an amazing response from all of those in the crowd.

 

They met through Jinsol, fellow band mate who was a year older than her. Jinsol was the band’s keyboardist and she knew Haseul through having been in the school's choir. Haseul came to cheer for Jinsol as it was their first formal debut as a band, and after the performance they reunited and she introduced herself to the group. They explained the two girls had choir together since middle school days so they‘ve been friends since then. "And the rest is history," Jinsol said.

 

At first Jungeun didn’t think much of the shorter girl, she was just “Haseul: Jinsol’s choir friend.” But then after some time that thought turned into “Haseul: Jinsol’s really pretty choir friend,” which then turned to “Haseul: Jinsol’s really pretty friend from choir that comes to watch them play." And finally “Haseul: Really beautiful girl that watches them perform and she has been watching her back because she’s just really freaking mesmerizing when she’s focused on watching them sing and play and— oh yeah, she‘s Jinsol’s choir friend.”

 

“Close your mouth, Jungeun. You’re drooling,” Jinsol joked after one of their practices. 

 

Haseul was in the benches below as always, but she was focused on reading her textbook as she was finishing up some homework. Jungeun immediately closed and looked away flustered, embarrassed about having gotten caught so blatantly. And this hadn't been the first time either.

 

“Umm...” Jungeun didn’t know what to say to justify herself. There was no point, it was extremely obvious now. Even the rest of the band were giving her teasing looks.

 

Jinsol chuckled at the usual cool Jungeun looking all shy and bothered for once. “You do know that the reason she comes to all our practices and performances is not because of me, right?”

 

Jungeun wasn’t quite understanding what that meant. “Yeah. She comes to support the whole band.”

 

Not just Jinsol, but the rest of the girls in the group groaned at her ignorance. “You can’t possibility be that dense,” Heejin, their guitarist called from side.

 

“Pabo!” Vivi, their drummer, added her two cents as well.

 

Jungeun still looked confused.

 

Jinsol then came to a realization. “Oh my gosh, you’re actually serious. You don’t know.”

 

“Know what?” Jungeun was so lost now.

 

Even their quiet bassist, Hyunjin, had to give Jungeun an eye-opener. “She comes to see you, dummy. How she fell for you is beyond me though.” 

 

Okay, that last part was unnecessary, but thanks to all of their words Jungeun got the courage she needed and confessed to Haseul that same day. The band celebrated, yet internally scolded themselves for not having spoken up sooner. Who knew their band leader could be so blind?

 

They dated happily, steadily, and nothing ever felt so perfect for the two of them.

 

 

 

A few months had passed and Jungeun realized that Haseul didn’t like to show off her relationship to the whole world, which Jungeun didn’t mind, she was actually quite private with her life as well, but it was sometimes hard when she got impulses by reflex and had to hold back. Like when she wanted to kiss Haseul hello or good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter