It's...

SWEET & SPICY

 

 

 

The wall that was illuminated by the light that slightly creeped through the spaces of her curtain was the first thing she saw.

 

A groan.

 

She brought her hand to her face and squeezed her nose bridge closer to her eyes for the next five minutes before she stretched them far up and let them fall to her sides, back to the bed.

 

She sighed as her eyes squinted, not because of the light though.

She stayed silent for a little while then blinked.

 

"..Why do I keep dreaming about her?"

 

She sighed.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

A groan.

 

"Aaahhh!! I'm beat! Finally finished that stupid report! Ughh if prof won't even attend class tomorrow, I swearrr"

 

She continued packing her things as she hummed and nodded absently.

 

"..Hey", Sunny stretched her hand and tapped on her shoulder, "Wanna go for a drink?"

 

She slowly looked over her friend.

 

"My treat"

 

"...Sure"

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

A somewhat quiet music playing on the background, shelf of bottles in front, and the smooth texture of the glass on a finely polished wooden counter graced her every senses.

She was thankful that her friend didn't bring her to any noisy and packed bars for the night.

 

"I'm a regular here so don't think that it's so not in my character", Sunny said when she came back from the comfort room, "I like serene and comfortable places more than those clubs"

 

"Then why are you mostly there?"

 

"You just thought I'm mostly there cause you just so happen to see me inside one every damn time I go", Sunny sipped from her glass, "I just get dragged there by my classmates"

 

"And you let them drag you?"

 

"It's called 'socializing'. You're one to talk, you let me drag you here too"

 

"Cause I trust you enough and I know you won't do anything to me cause, hell, you can't do anything to me. We're both girls. You don't have the epuipment to and accidently impregnate me"

 

"What the hell are you even talking about?"

 

"I'm saying, don't get dragged too often. Especially by your BOY classmates. Who knows what they'll do"

 

"..Yea, I'm sorry. Thanks"

 

She smiled and swirled her glass before taking a sip.

 

"...So what's on your mind lately?"

 

She turned to Sunny.

 

"As I've said earlier, you're there when I'm also in the clubs.. though I know you're not comfortable being in those", Sunny placed her empty glass back on the counter, "Wanna talk about it?"

 

She looked back on her glass again and just continued swirling. "..It's nothing to worry about"

 

"And there you are, worrying over it"

 

The man by the counter came to refill their glasses and they waited patiently for him to finish, then he wiped the counter once more and excused himself for a business in the kitchen, in which the two politely nodded.

 

"I can wait all night for you to talk", Sunny sipped, "I could even sleep here"

 

She just kept swirling her glass.

 

"Alright, suit yourself", Sunny shrugged and placed her glass down, "I just want you to know that I'm serious when I said I could sleep here. No one will leave till you talk"

 

She sighed. "..Fine"

 

Sunny loosened her slumped shoulders and faced her friend completely, setting her glass aside for now.

 

"..Are you sure you want to hear this?"

 

"Of course I'm sure. Oh come on! We both know that what you've been thinking of is bothering you big time", Sunny sighed, "I want to help you lift at least some of the burden on your shoulders"

 

"Thanks Sunny-yah"

 

"Now on with it"

 

With even the short moment of silence, Sunny noticed her friend's hesitation.

 

"Are you still not comfortable telling it to me?"

 

She swallowed. "I.. I'm not sure", her shoulders drooped further, "I don't know if I can handle whatever your reaction will be with this"

 

 

Oh my gosh is it that serious for her to feel nervous like this? Sunny thought as she stared at the worried eyes that kept denying contact with hers.

 

She let out another sigh and gripped on her glass. "I think.. I like someone"

 

That's..what she's worrying about? Sunny was dumbfounded. No, wait wait. Maybe there's some deeper context to this. I mean, come on! Liking someone is normal!

 

She didn't change her stance for the next few minutes so Sunny took the time to try to read her friend's mind. She was curious.

 

"With 'like', do you mean it.. romantically?"

 

"...I'm not sure"

 

"But you think so?"

 

She slowly nodded.

 

"..Could you give me the details?"

 

She breathed in, "Well..", and adjusted on her seat, "At first I really think that that 'like' is just as friends, close friends. But as the years passed and the more that I learn stuff, well.. 'symptoms'..", she quoted her fingers, "..about love.. I got confused"

 

Sunny stayed silent, trying to comprehend every word that left her friend's mouth. "So..", she blinked, "What was the 'symptom' that drove you to think that you like that person romantically?"

 

"...I read and heard it from people that have experience with this sort of thing, that..", she bit her lower lip, "If you keep having thoughts, and maybe even dreams, that you want to kiss that person or maybe you're already kissing in your dreams.. then you like that person, not just as friends anymore"

 

Well, that much is true.. that's normal. Sunny's brows furrowed deeper. So then why is she still so worried over it? She's not like this before when she starts to like someone. Her curiosity leaped a very high level.

 

"That friend..", she just had to know, "Who is it?"

 

Sunny heard her swallow.

 

A ringtone broke the silence between them, making their slightly heavy atmosphere mellow a bit. Sunny grabbed her phone and read the message, then typed over a reply and turned to her side.

 

"It was Yoona. She asked where we are and said she'll join, her class just got dismissed"

 

It was from their other best friend. To be honest, Sunny was relieved to see her message. Maybe she can help lighten up her mood, she thought as she sipped on her glass, staring over the wooden table. Maybe she can persuade her to tell us who she likes.. and can help her with this stuff.

 

"..A very close friend", she heard her quietly speak and faced her, her edginess more obvious than earlier, "..of ours"

 

Ours? So I know this person. It was like solving a mystery on a book she once read where there wasn't much hints given. It was exciting and aggravating at the same time.

 

"Ah geez! Just who is—"

 

"—na"

 

Sunny blinked twice. "..H-huh?", she wasn't sure if she heard wrong.

 

She sighed for the umpteenth time then slumped over the counter, "It's.. Yoona", and hid her face with her arms, "The person I like.. romantically"

 

A tear landed on the countertop.

 

"It's Yoona", Yuri bit her lip and gulped.