Chapter One

DDD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghyun's back inside the large arena again the next day. The crowd has grown significantly bigger since when his team had competed, the amount of interest generated by the competition and social media attributing to the large numbers. He had looked at the betting pool the day before, many people already foreseeing Golden Child winning the entire event with no losses.

"If we can beat Fuel, we can for sure beat Excelsior," Luda tells them when they're in the lobby. "Fuel was number seven in the rankings. Excelsior's ranked number eleven at the moment. If we stay calm and trust in each other's abilities, we'll be fine."

True to her word, they win three points to zero. They get a standing ovation for their win and Donghyun can't help but feel proud. The play of the game had gone to Jibeom who had switched to Symmetra halfway through the game. The change had taken the other team completely by surprise, barely able to anticipate where turrets were placed, leading to easy kills.

"Right now, we are the underdogs," Luda briefs them. "We have already beaten two teams who were highly ranked while we have no ranking. I'd say we're giving the public and other teams a good run for their money right now." She cheers, everybody erupting right afterward.

"I just have to say, I'm so proud of you guys." Luda wipes away a stray tear. The team cheers teasingly while Dawon wraps a supportive arm around her girlfriend. "It's weird being in this position but I never imagined just how well we would do in this tournament. Getting past the first round was already an achievement, but anything we do now would just be a dream come true. We don't have anything else to prove. We've already proven it to ourselves."

They split off not long afterward. Dayoung, Dawon, and Luda decided to head back to the hotel room while the younger members decided to go looking around and watch the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter