Prologue

DDD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Donghyun-ah,"

This is it, Donghyun thinks, stretching his arms and settling back into his chair comfortable, his fingers twitching in anticipation. They just need to win one more round and then they'll advance to the next round. Be quick and do the job right.

"Donghyun-ah,"

Donghyun looks to his side, sending an eye smile towards Jinsook who nods at him. Even though he's competed in several other tournaments, none have made him as nervous as this. Wiping at the sweat at his forehead, he waits for the round to start.

Jinsook sits next to him, looking forward at her monitor expectantly. Her grip on the mouse was loose while her muscles seemed to be strained.

Donghyun and Jinsook had made quite a name for themselves in their latest Overwatch tournament. Donghyun was usually the only person who used Sombra in competitive tournaments, moving quickly and hacking enemies while disappearing just as quickly. Jinsook had sniped said targets not long after being hacked, eliminating many players withing a small space of time.

Donghyun looked around at his other team members and trusted them a lot.

Jaehyun was their resident Mercy. It seemed to match the smiley boy who only wanted to make sure everything was okay. He was very reliable, usually being the last team member alive during contesting points, yet was able to contest quite well although Mercy wasn't an offence hero.

Dawon played the role of their tank, her main being D.Va. She was their most aggressive player, usually ending up with highest kill count at the end of most matches. She specialized in close quarters play, able to close the distance during battles and kill enemies quickly.

Jibeom played a dual role in their team, depending on the strategies of the enemy. He usually switched between Junkrat and Zenyatta, playing defense and support quite well. Despite this, he usually was on the front lines of a battle, being an all-round annoyance to any player that was contesting with him.

Rounding out their team was their leader, Luda, who mainly played as their Reaper. She co-ordinated their team attacks and was their most knowledgeable member. As their most experienced player, she came up with a bundle of unorthodox ideas which has helped their team get far in any tournament they compete.

Donghyun tries to not to think about the other teams and their strategies, instead trying to focus on making sure that he's ready. Leaning to the side, he can see the other team lined up on the other side of the room, looking at their monitors impatiently. The large audience was stationed a little distance away from the teams as they cheered loudly for both teams.

"We got this," Luda smiled from her point at the front, looking down towards her team members. "Let's push them right out of the tournament."

The humor in Luda's voice puts a smile on everyone's face, Dawon leaning over to peck her girlfriend's cheek. Donghyun's body felt like it was tingling, his stomach full of fluttering butterflies while his whole body felt like electricity ran through his veins. It's getting hot, and maybe this last round will make Donghyun drop in exhaustion in this large arena, in front of all these people, but he will not fall unless they win.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter