Chapter 5

One More Chance

Rose walked as fast as she can after she got off from Chanyeol’s car.  Oh my God, what am i thinking, she thought.

 

Oppa.

 

She can’t believe she actually called him oppa.

 

I must be crazy, she thought.

 

But at the same time, a smile formed on her face. She was all smiling as she took the elevator up to their house. For sure, she didn’t regret meeting him today.

 

As soon as she entered the dorm, she went straight to her room. Her members were in the living room, watching tv shows with some snacks.

 

“Oh Rose, you came home. Are you hungry? Want to eat?” Lisa asked.

 

“Nah, let her be. I think she ate outside.” Jisoo said, her hands were busy snacking.

 

“You did?” Lisa asked again, but Rose was too into herself, she did not even realized her members were talking to her.

 

“What’s with her?” Lisa said.

 

Jisoo laughed and stuffed snacks into Lisa’s mouth.

 

“Just let her be.” She added, smiling.

 

Rose entered her room and laid down on her bed, thinking what she had done just now. Omg, am I in my right mind, she thought.

 

Suddenly, she gained some kind of confidence from no where, she took her phone and opened her chat with Chanyeol. She was thinking of sending him messages.

 

Oppa, did you reached home safely? 오빠 잘도착했어요?

 

She deleted it again.

 

Oppa, thank you for everything today. 오빠 오늘 고마웠어요

 

She deleted it again.

 

She really in messaging.

 

Oppa, did you reached home safely? thank you for everything today. The food too. Goodnight. 오빠 잘도착했어요? 오늘 고마웠어요  음식도요 잘자요

 

Okay this might be the most formal message ever, she thought.

 

Goodnight?

 

It’s only 7pm .

 

She really did not know what to say, but she really wanted send him something.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As soon as Chanyeol entered their dorm, he saw s were gathering at the dining room with some beers on the table. He smiled and joined them.

 

It’s been a while since all 9 of them gathered in one table.

 

“Chanyeol ah, where did you go?” Suho asked.

 

“I was at my studio whole day, practicing with Rose.” He smiled.

 

“Rose?” Sehun asked, confused.

 

“As in Blackpink Rose?” Suho asked.

 

“Woahh! What are you doing with her?” Lay said, getting excited.

 

“You sure you didn’t get caught?” Kai asked.

 

Chanyeol laughed as he drank a glass.

 

“Yes BP Rose. No, we didn’t get caught. I put all of those into consideration before I asked her.” He added.

 

The members were looking at him, as if he’s a sinner, waiting for an explanation from him.

 

“It’s not like what you think, okay. We have nothing happened. I just helped her out for upcoming performance.” He said.

 

Then, the members took off their eyes on him one by one.

 

“Be careful, Chanyeol ah. “ Suho advised.

 

“Thank you hyung.” He smiled.

 

After that, all nine members continued drinking and eating. The members were drinking a lot that some of them fell asleep on the table.

 

Chanyeol, Sehun and Xiumin were the only ones not sleeping.

 

“I think we should get these guys to sleep at their room.” Xiumin said, looking at the clock on the wall.

 

“It’s almost midnight.” He added.

 

“Ah these hyungs really. It wasn't even that much,” Sehun said, gulping few more glasses.

"Maknae ah, it was too much. You were mixing drinks like crazy. For a while, I thought you worked at a bar." Xiumin said, hitting Sehun's head slightly.

"Aniya, hyung. Why are you guys overreacting? How will you survive in the society?" Sehun preached.

Xiumin and Chanyeol glared at their maknae.

"Okay fine. Probably a bit overboard." Sehun said.

 

Chanyeol looked at the clock. It really is midnight. It’s so amazing that they were drinking for quite long time, but this were not the longest.

 

He took out his phone to check if there’s any messages. He put it on silent mode since he’s in the studio.

 

Just then he saw Rose’s chat on Katalk.

 

His eyes widened, as if he’s sober from his tipsy.

 

A smile formed on his face.

 

“Kwiyeowo “ He murmured.

 

“what? Kwiyeowo? Who?” Sehun asked, as he gulped down another glass.

 

Chanyeol smiled.

 

“Rose sshi? It’s her, right? I know you had something going on with her.” Sehun teased.

 

“No.” Chanyeol said, getting up from his seat.

 

“I’m going to sleep. Goodnight.” He winked and went straight to his room.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol laid down on his bed while typing. He was very happy to see the text, but what saddens him was that he noticed the text after 5 hours.

 

Chaeyoung ah, sorry I didn’t check my phone. I had a drink with my members just now. 채영아 미안해 아까 멤버들이랑 한잔했어

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After Rose sent the message, she was anticipating for Chanyeol’s reply. She was pretty sure he will reply her soon.

 

The time is still early. It’s only been 30 minutes since they said goodbye.

 

Probably another 30mins, she thought.

 

She put on some music to listen to while waiting for reply.

 

However, even after an hour, there were no replies from him.

 

She checked the chat again and again. The 1 is still there ,indicating that he still has not read her message yet.

 

Without she even knowing, her hands were typing. She realized it and quickly exited the chat.

 

What are you doing park Chae young, don’t you have any pride, she thought.

 

With that, she put down her phone on the small desk beside her bed. Then, she stepped out of the room and hang out with her members to stop thinking about Chanyeol.

 

“Chaengggg” Jennie called her as soon as she saw her coming out of the room.

 

“Why are you all smile?” Lisa asked.

 

She took a seat on the couch and just shrugged off Lisa’s question.

 

“I guess things were going well.” Jisoo laughed.

 

In just a split second, Rose’s cheek turned red upon hearing Jisoo’s comment.

 

“What did went well?” Lisa asked. She was a curious kid.

 

“Ah nothing. I was out practicing for the special performance on SBS. So everything went well today.” She laughed, as she was giving the I-am-so-gonna-kill-you look to Jisoo.

 

The girls spent time watching television shows and eating snacks till almost midnight. Then, all of them went to their own room.

 

Rose took her phone as soon as she entered her room. She had her eyes closed, debating whether Chanyeol replied her message or not. Then, she opened her eyes and unlocked her phone.

 

NONE.

 

To be even more sure, she even opened the chat and the 1 is still there.

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

Okay, so he acted like he wanted me, then he’s doing this to me, she thought.

 

She threw her phone on the bed and went for a shower, getting ready to sleep.

 

I shouldn’t let this get to me, she thought.

 

Just as she was getting ready to sleep, lights off, a sound from her phone indicating Katalk message.

 

Chaeyoung ah, sorry I didn’t check my phone. I had a drink with my members just now. 채영아미안해 아까 멤버들이랑 한잔했어

 

She widened her eyes, making sure she read the chat right.

 

A smile formed on her face.

 

Oh, I was wondering why you were not replying. You must be tired. Good night. 아 그래서 답장이 안오셨군요 많이피곤하시죠 잘자요

 

She was trying to be considerate.

 

I’m still not sleeping though. 아직 안자는데요

 

Her eyes widened. Does that mean he wants to talk to me more, she thought. Just the thoughts made her heartbeat race and cheeks were burning like hell.

 

Are you not tired? 피곤하지않아요?

 

I am, but I don’t want to sleep just yet. 피곤한데 그래도 이대로 자는게 좀 아닌것 같았어

 

What is that? Haha. 아 뭐에요 ㅋㅋ

 

Tell me then. Do you want to sleep now? Haha. 말해요 그럼 지금 당장 잘거에요? ㅋㅋ

 

Well, not really. 뭐 그정도는아니에요 이직잠이아와서

 

See. Haha. 봐봐요 ㅋㅋㅋ

 

Rose smiled. Then she realized that the two of them were starting to joke with each other. Is it okay to be like this, a relationship where they are chatting, she thought.

 

Are you sleeping already? 벌써 잤어요?

 

Ah no. I went to the kitchen just now. 아 아니요 방금 주방갔다왔어요

 

Ah really. Since you’re not sleeping just yet, can you talk to me? I really am tired, but I can’t sleep. 아 그럼 아직 안 잘 거니까  나랑 얘기 나눌수있나요? 진짜피곤한데 잠이안와요

 

Have you tried drinking milk? It’s good to help you sleep well. 우유 마셔 봤어요? 잠잘자려고 도움이많이될거에요

 

I drank So I can’t drink milk. Otherwise I’ll get stomach ache tomorrow. 술마셨기때믄에 우유못먹어 아님내일아침 배아플거에요

 

Ah right. But doesn’t drinking helps you sleep faster? 아 맞네요 근데 술먹은후에 더잘 잘수있는건 아닌가요?

 

Who taught you that? Haha. Well it does but I’m not sure why it’s not working tonight. Probably because of you. 누가 그랬어요? ㅋㅋ 뭐 그렇긴하지만 오늘은잘안되네  로제씨때문인가봐요

 

Me? Am I keeping you up? Ah sorry. Sleep then. 저요? 저 때문이라고요? 미안해요. 그럼 자요.

 

So you didn’t get the message. Haha. I was kidding. I really am not sleepy. 아 눈치없으셨군요 ㅋㅋ 장난이었어요 진짜 잠이안와요

 

I did not get the message , Rose thought. What did he meant by saying that, she thought.

 

I’m the one who’s sorry. You are probably sleepy by now. 내가 미안해요 졸릴텐데 지금

 

She smiled as read the last message. She was sleepy, but only until before Chanyeol replied the message. She was awake after he replied. What’s even worse, she was feeling all lovey dovey that she doesn’t even feel sleepy.

 

No, I’m not sleepy now. Though I was sleepy before you replied.Haha. 아뇨 졸리지않아요 뭐 답하기전에는 졸리지만ㅋㅋ

 

Haha sorry I replied you a bit late. Anyway do you have schedule tomorrow? ㅎㅎ 미안해요 답장이늦어서 내일스케줄있어요?

 

We’ll just be practicing for our performance. Only a few days left. Why? 그냥안무연습할것같아요 몇일안남았어요 근데왜요?

 

Ah, nothing. I was just asking. By the way, are you feeling uncomfortable with me chatting you up like this? 아 아니에요 그냥물어본거에요 그나저나 저랑이렇게 문자주고받는사이 불편하나요?

 

Eh? I don’t. Haha. I’m fine with this. It’s fun. 엥? 아니에요 괜찮아요 ㅋㅋ 재밌는데요 뭐

 

Fun? You had fun? I’m glad. Haha. 재밌어요? 재밌다고요? 아 다행이다 ㅋㅋ

Look out the window. The snow is falling. Or does it only fall at our place? Haha 창문밖으로 봐요 눈온다 아님여기만내려오는건가? ㅋㅋ

 

Oh I see it. Woah! So beautiful! I feel like walking through the snow. 와 보여요 너무예쁘다 걸어보고싶네요 눈아래

 

I was thinking the same thing too. Haha. 저도같은생각했어요 ㅋㅋ

Let’s go for a walk one day. 그럼 다음에 같이산책해요

 

Rose was lying down on her bed and she was all smile when she read the latest message from Chanyeol. In her mind, she imagined how it felt to be walking with him under the snow.

 

Suddenly, a message came.

 

Are you imagining things? Haha. 설마 상상하고있는거 아니죠? ㅋㅋ

 

No I’m not. Urgh why would I? 아니거든요. 그걸 제가 왜

 

Though it was just through a chat, but Rose cheek was already burning due to the teasing.

 

Ah really? Then seems like I’m the only imagining. 아그래요 그럼저 혼자 상상하고있네요

 

What? 뭐라고요?

 

Haha. I was just kidding. You’re really fun to tease with. ㅎㅎ 농딤이에요. 놀리긴참재밌네요

 

Okay fine. 알았어요

 

Are you mad? Ahaha. But really, let’s go for a walk next time under the snow. At night of course. I know a place where no one is there. 삐졋어요? ㅎㅎ 근데 진짜로 다음에 같이산책해요 눈내려올때 당연히밤이고 그리고 내가아는데가있거든 사람없는 데

 

Ah really? Is this a date? Haha 아그래요 그럼 이게데잍인가요? ㅋㅋ

 

Rose wanted to back.

 

Haha. Well it is if you want to think it that way. ㅎㅎ 뭐 그렇게생각하고싶으면

 

Rose sent a -_- emoticon.

 

I’m claiming this with you later, okay. So you can’t reject me. 이따가 꼭 가야되요 그때 거절금지

 

What if I have schedule? 스케줄있으면요?

 

Then we’ll go when both of us are free. 그럼 우리둘이 스케줄없을때 가는걸로

 

It’s almost 2am. I’m starting to get sleepy. Let’s sleep. 벌써 새벽두시네 좀졸리네요 우리자요

 

Kekeke. Okay Chaeyoung ah. Let’s sleep. I hope to see your morning message. Haha. ㅋㅋ 알았어 채영아 자자 아침톡 기대할게 ㅎㅎ

 

Goodnight Oppa. Haha. 잘자요 오빠 ㅋㅋ

 

That night, both Rose and Chanyeol slept soundly despite sleeping late.