Chapter 3

One More Chance

It was a very clear day. However, there was this one person who had been waiting for this day to come. She woke up early that day, despite the short hour she had to sleep because she was so excited about that day. She walked out from her room, smiles hanging on her face.

 

“Rose, I guess you are in a good mood today?” Jennie asked, while going through channels on TV.

 

“Ah, well, it’s a good day.” She smiled.

 

“Of course it’s a good day. Good things happen.” Jisoo replied, she was in the kitchen making some juices.

 

“Oh really? Are you going anywhere today?” Jennie asked.

 

“I’ll be out practicing.” She smiled, as she go for a shower.

 

“She seemed to be in a really good mood.” Jennie said.

 

“She should be.” Jisoo laughed it off.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After getting ready, Rose took out her phone and recheck the address that Chanyeol sent her. She was not really sure where the place really is, but she couldn’t ask her manager to send her, because she knew the fans would know where she’s going if she rode their van. She decided to just go by the taxi.

 

Sunbaenim, I’m on my way now. 선배님 저가는중이에요.

 

She took a taxi in front of their apartment and showed the address to the driver.

 

Okay, be careful. Text me if you arrive. I’ll come down. 그래요 조심히와요 도착하면 얘기해요 제가 데리러올요

 

Rose smiled after she saw the text, her heart was beating fast, nervously. The fact that it would be only the two of them made her excited.

 

She looked out to the window and the taxi started passing by into buildings she had never seen.

 

“Ahjussi, are we almost there?” Rose asked.

 

“Yes, miss. You haven’t been here?”

 

“Yeah, I have never been here. Is it usually not that many people comes here?” She asked, as she lowered the window, feeling the breeze. She thought it was fine for her to do that because there were not many people there.

 

“It is always like this during this time.” The driver said.

 

Rose put up the window back.

 

Rose could literally hear her own heartbeat, she was really nervous. Her palms were sweating, she was even fidgeting around.

 

“Miss, we arrived.”

 

Her eyes widened. She paid the taxi driver and came out from the car.

 

“Kamsahamnida, ahjussi.”

 

Even though there were not many people around, but she was afraid that someone might recognize her.

 

Sunbaenim, I arrived. 선배님 도착했어요.

 

Ah, I’ll come down now. 아 네 내릴게요.

 

Rose kept on looking around her, this is the first time she goes around without her manager, and she even lied to go alone.

 

She heaved a sigh, thank God it was not that many people there around that time.

 

Suddenly, she felt a hand tapping on her shoulder.

 

“Rose sshi”

 

“Ah sunbaenim.”

 

In front of her, a very fine tall man, with his glasses and hat on, wearing black coat, standing with a smile on his face.

 

Ah, why is he so hot, she thought.

 

Rose just stared at him.

 

“Are you going to stare at me whole day?” He laughed.

 

Just then, Rose came back to reality. She noticed Chanyeol was laughing and her cheeks burned.

 

“Let’s go. My studio is up there.” He said, taking the guitar from Rose, leading the way. Rose just followed behind him, as she looked around if there’s anyone saw them going up together.

 

“Don’t worry, Rose sshi. No one will notice us here.” Chanyeol said, reassuring her, as he saw her looking around, feeling uncomfortable.

 

She didn’t reply anything, the only thing that went through her head right at that moment was whether she did well by coming there or not. She really couldn’t imagine the consequences if they were caught at that place.

 

After going on for two stairs, they finally arrived at Chanyeol studio.

 

“Welcome to my studio! Come in! It’s not that big, sorry.” Chanyeol opened the door to the studio and let Rose entered first.

 

Rose looked around, although it was small, but it smelled really good and it was very clean for a man’s workplace.

 

Nervousness and uncomfortable was shown perfectly on her face, as she just stood at the corner.

 

Chanyeol let out a small laugh as he locked the door.

 

“Rose sshi, take a seat.” He gave a seat next to his seat.

 

“Ah yes.” She replied, with a very small voice.

 

“Are you really that nervous?” Chanyeol asked.

 

She lifted her head and nodded.

 

“No one knows this place except for my friends that I worked together with. So, be comfortable, I promise you no one will notice us here.” He said, trying to reassure her again.

 

“Have you eaten?” He asked, as he looked at his watch, showing it was almost noon.

 

“No, I haven’t.”

 

“Great. Let’s have lunch together then.” He smiled.

 

“Lunch outside?” Her eyes widened. Is this person insane or not, she thought.

 

He laughed again. “Of course not! You want Dispatch to catch us?”

 

“I’ll go buy us some food. You can wait here and make yourself comfortable.” He stood up, getting his coat, phone and wallet.

 

She just smiled awkwardly.

 

“Ah, are you on a diet?” He asked, before exiting the room.

 

“Ah no.”

 

“Great, because I don’t see why you have to.” He smiled and went out.

 

Rose could feel her cheeks burning after hearing what Chanyeol said. She quickly took out her phone acting like she didn’t hear it. Her heart was beating so fast.

 

Just then, her phone rang. It was Jisoo who called.

 

“Oh Jisoo unnie!” She answered.

“ Where are you? Have you arrived? I told you to tell me if you arrived, didn’t I?”

“ Ah sorry, I forgot. I just arrived though.”

“You’re with him now?”

“He went out to buy food.”

“What? So he left you there?”

“Yah! He just stepped out few seconds before you called okay. He told me to just stay in here while he go and buy food.”

“Look at you defending him when he’s not even your boyfriend.”

“Unnie!” Rosewhined.

“Have fun!” Jisoo laughed.

 

Rose rolled her eyes as soon as the called ended. Jisoo could never stop teasing her ever since she told her about Chanyeol. Sometimes she felt like she shouldn’t tell her at all.

 

She looked around the room, it was not that small, it can be considered a big space considering how a big desk with so many things on top of it, not to mention the electronic drum kits too and the amps. Even with all of that stuffs, the room still manage to have some spaces with the big sofa. She walked around, careful enough to make sure she didn’t disturb any of the electronic items.

 

She still remembered Teddy oppa said before that it is best not to touch any of the items to avoid any problems. All of the wires to be specific.

 

Then, she went to the instrument that had caught her attention from the beginning she entered the studio.

 

Electric drum kit.

 

She always wanted an electric drum kit for herself to play in her room. Feeling excited, she started touching the pad. How does it feel to play this, she thought.

 

Just when she was about to move to the keyboard, she heard someone entering the lock pin to the studio.

She quickly sat back to her seat.

 

Chanyeol smiled as he entered the studio. She saw all the plastics he was holding, so she helped him carried some and put it on the table in front of the sofa.

 

“Had fun looking around?” Chanyeol said, as he took out all of the foods and arrange it nicely on the table.

 

“I.. Uhm… Yes…” She stuttered.

 

“I bet you are hungry. Let’s eat.”

 

Rose looked at the food on the table.

 

Ddukbokki.

 

Kimbap.

 

Jajangmyun.

 

Tangsuyuk.

 

Drinks.

 

He sure did bought a lot.

 

“Are you going to stand there and watch me eat?” He asked.

 

“Oh okay.” She took the seat beside him.

 

“I don’t know your favorite food and you said you’re not on diet, so I just bought everything I thought you would like.” He blushed.

 

“Sunbaenim, kamsahamnida. I love all though. I eat well.” Rose let out a small laugh.

 

He handed her the chopsticks and put tissue on the table.

 

She smiled at his sense.

 

Rose thought she couldn’t finish the food, but surprisingly she finished her food and even ate it deliciously.

 

Chanyeol took a glance at her few times as they were eating. He smirked as he saw her enjoying the food.

 

“Delicious, right?” He said.

“Ah, yes. Very delicious. The tangsuyuk is really daebak!“ She smiled.

 

Chanyeol laughed.

 

“Why?” She asked, confused.

 

“Nothing. It’s good to see you eat so well.” He smiled as he continued eating his food.

 

Rose blushed again. Ah, why does he keep on throwing all of those cheesy ments, she thought. She didn’t really like those cheesy things, but strangely, she felt electricity runs through her body when Chanyeol said it.