Chapter One

Destined Secrets

Chapter One


She stared at his side profile dreamily with her hands on her face, elbow resting on the table. "Damn...that nose," she mumbled unconsciously as she smiled a little and lifted her finger to him. He was sitting a few tables away from her near the windows where the rays of sunlight enhanced his beauty. So min wasn't even aware of the teacher's penetrating stare on her as he continued his lecture with gritted teeth.

"How is it that I can look at him all day and not get bored.." she muttered again under her breath while shooting hearts out of her eyes to the oblivious boy who was listening attentively to the teacher. 

 

"Kim So min," 

All heads turned to her instantly at the voice. So min snapped out of her daze when she realized that Kim Taehyung, too had turned around and met her gaze with a curious look. She immediately avoided the contact shyly before she realized that the owner of the voice is none other than her own teacher. Finally facing the front again, she was met with none other than a pair of eyes glistening in fury. She swallowed before she barely managed to croaked out, "Y-Yes?"

 

"Get out!"

She was thrown out of the classroom along with her bag as she was punished to kneel outside of the classroom with her hands raised. She blew air to her bangs while her hands ached from only a few minutes of being raised.

That was embarrassing, So min thought in her mind while cursing the teacher under her breath. She was distracted again when she heard a wave of booming applause coming from inside the classroom. Being curious, she turned around quietly and peeked inside the windows from outside. 

 

"I'm proud of you as always, Jungkook. You've worked hard," The teacher praised as he passed the examination slip to Jungkook who bowed in return. So min rolled her eyes at the mention of that. She swore in her mind she has heard the same words from the teacher for every examinations now. She could even memorised it. She kept her eyes on Jungkook who walked back to his seat with all the girls swooning over him. As if he could feel her eyes, he turned to meet her eyes and stared at her. So min quickly backed and crouched down from the window.

 

"I wasn't caught, was I?" she asked herself, realizing she could only pray for the answer to her quesiton.

"But what's the use of being so smart when you're not going to be able to have kids in the future and contribute back to society? Well, he still can't beat Taehyung who's perfect in everything," So min told herself and began to smile again at the thought of Taehyung and her. 

In case you're wondering what utter nonsense this girl was blabbering on about...it is the infamous that has recently spreaded around the school. The fact that Jungkook is a homoual which is the reason why he hasn't dated in a year of being in this school and has rejected every girl's confession. Of course So min has heard about it a few days ago as well.

It wasn't long before the bell rang, causing her to snap out of her daze as she shot her hands straight up in the air just in time for the teacher to walk out. Shaking his head as he casted So min a look, he walked out of the classroom and headed for the office with his files.

"What does that mean..." So min assumed that she was done with her punishment before standing up and brushing the dusts on her knees.

 

"So Min! I can't believe you're caught again. It's already the third time for this week!" 

Her friend, Ah reum came and pinned her with her arms. So min slapped her arms away before coughing a few times.

"Anyways, what did that camel say during lessons? Anything important?" So min asked as she cleared . The camel refers to the teacher which is a nicknam that most students used for him. That's simple because...he looks just like one. Not only that, he also likes to talk in a slow pace during lessons, which is mainly the reason why half of his students are asleep or dozing off. But somehow, So min is always the only one being caught and she was pretty sure he was just biased against her.

"Not anything in particular.." Ah reum thought for a moment before she clapsed her hands together.

"Ah! Jeon Jungkook got the first place in the cohort again for this examination." Again? So min didn't even care much at this point because honestly, she would have been more surprised if he wasn't the first. "Sometimes, I really wonder what his brain is made out of.." Ah reum continued to compliment him non-stop as So min rolled her eyes. 

Walking back into the classroom for the break period, So min literally rolled her eyes again because the first thing she saw was a gorup of girls flocking around Jungkook's table as they continued to pester him on how he studies as well as shower him with praises. But her eyes shone when she caught Taehyung who was smiling brightly as he sat beside Jungkook.

Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's best friend aka her eyecandy which she has set her eyes on since the frist day of school. So min will never forget how he asked her for her name on the first day of school with that rectangle smile of his while flashing his teeth.

 

She literally fell in love at first sight.

However, she has never dared to confess to him but rather, has been quietly observing him from behind the scenes. She felt that she wasn't up to his standard and didn't have the courage to speak about her feelings for him, afraid of rejection. "You know what..." So min mumbled but Ah reum caught it beside her.

 

"What?"

So min gradually lifted her finger and pointed to the flock of girls. 

"You sound exactly like one of them," She said, causing Ah reum to stop her blabber.

"Hey!" Ah reum shouted before So min quickly ran to avoid being beaten up by her own friend. Knowing that her friend hates being compared to those girls, she deliberately did it to get on her nerves. The two of them ended up chasing each other in the class before they ran out of the classroom. 

"What are you looking at?" Taehyung asked Jungkook who was focused on looking at So min and Ah reum laugh as they were previously running after each other. What a childish sight, he thought to himself but kept it in his mind until Taehyung seemed to have caught him. He wasn't even paying attention to what the girls crowding around him were saying as he picked up his earpiece from his bag that was on the floor.

 

"Nothing," he replied Taehyung before plugging in his earpiece to his phone and turning on the music. On the other hand, Taehyung had to answer the girls for him as they continued to flood them with words.


"So min, What do you think you'll be doing for the holidays? We only have like a few days left before the start of holidays," Ah reum asked out of the blue as she laid on So min's bed and looked at the ceiling of the room while playing with her hair. So min grunted and raised her shoulders questioningly while looking at her phone. Before she knew it, the year was already coming to an end since their examinations have ended. So min sighed recalling about seeing her results this morning.

"And please do something about that resut of yours. I think the problem lies with your love for Taehyung," Ah reum added, causing So min to cast her a glare. 

"Why did you bring Taehyung into this? I just have to work harder in the coming one," So min shrugged. But in reality, she knew that Taehyung was indeed distracting her from her studies. Rather than focusing during lessons, she just end up fantasizing about him. Just when she was about to ask Ah reum on something important, a knock came on the door.

 

"Come in," So min said.

"Hi girls, I just thought you would like some snacks to reward you for your hard work this year," So min's mom came in with a bright smile while holding onto a tray of cookies. Ah reum instantly beamed at the sight and rushed out of bed to sit on the floor. So min took the small table and placed the tray on it before settling down with Ah reum.

"So...where's your result slip my dear?" So min's mom asked, causing Ah reum to stop chewing on the cookies at the mention of it.

So min froze for a minute before she stood up and took it from the study table. After she has passed it to her mom, she quickly ran to sit on her bed instead, already giving up on the snacks. So min's mom looked through her results in silence. "Er you see...this time's examination was really hard! So min is not really at the bottom of the class.." Ah reum tried to save her.

"That's what she said the last time too," So min's mom cut her off. So min gulped.

"Oh well, your father and I will discuss about this issue. Meanwhile, you girls have some fun," So min's mom smiled back before she stood up and left the room. Ah reum swallowed and continued eating her cookie while the room turned quiet after So min's mom left. 

"You don't think she'll do something...will she?" Ah reum asked in a whisper as she slowed down on eating her cookie. She turned to look at So min who was in a daze on bed. "So min?" she asked again, startling So min this time round.

"You know how she's like, I have no idea," So min answered truthfully. Her mom had a sort of free spirit personality which she could never understand. Her mom always does unpredictable actions and she was often surprised by them. She always thought all the moms in the world were like this until she realised that her mom was rather a unique one. One of a kind.

"You see! That's why I'm telling you you have to get over your crush on Taehyung!" Ah reum continued nagging. So min rolled her eyes before she stood up and made her way to Ah reum. She plopped herself down comfortably and finally reached out for a cookie. "But I can't do that..It's easier said than done," So min reminded her. That was a sort of sadness in her tone which Ah reum caught, causing her to feel a tiny bit of guilt.

"O-or you can confess to him! I mean your crush on him is already one year long. And besides, he hasn't really dated any girls during the time you have a crush on him! Doesn't that mean that he's not interested in any girls in our school?" Ah reum told So min. The more she thought about it, the more excited she got. "Right! That means I stand a chance!" So min almost shouted but then she stopped when she realized her real reason for not having confessed the whole time she has a crush on him. "

But...what if I get rejected?" So min suddenly cringed at the thought of being rejected by him. Her heart shattered momentarily. 

"Hey! That's still better than your current state. At least you gave it a try!" Ah reum tried to convince her into making a confession. "Besides, if he rejects you, it'll be easier for you to get over him and focus on your studies since he has already given you his answer. It's definitely better than pondering about your one-sided love everyday by yourself!" Ah reum encouraged. Thinking about it, So min thought that Ah reum's words did make sense.

The thought of confessing to her one year crush made her heart skipped a beat.

 

"When should I do it?" So min questioned.

Ah reum jumped at her words, realizing that she has agreed to follow her suggestion. "Before our school ends, that means we have like two days left. You should do it before the vacation starts and you never see him again for the year," Ah reum suggested. So min nodded her head and mentally made a note in her mind.

I'm finally going to confess, she thought in her head.