Fourth

The Flower In Your Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Tiffany had went back home after sending Taeyeon back to her flower shop, Taeyeon had insisted on going back there when Tiffany offered to send her straight to her house. She didn’t want to pry into Taeyeon’s personal matters, if it was even personal, so she simply did as she was told. To her dismay, Dongwook wasn’t asleep. Rather, he was waiting for her to come back home. 

He turned away from the television and smiled widely at his wife’s arrival. “Hey baby.” He greeted. Tiffany rolled her eyes in annoyance but still replied to him anyways. She didn’t want to come off rude just yet. “Yeah.” Dongwook raised his eyebrows at her short reply. Thinking his wife was probably tired, he went straight to her and pulled her in a hug. “You must be tired.” He said worriedly. If he hadn’t cheated on her, Tiffany would’ve melted in his embrace. “Hm. I’ll just go to sleep.”

Right then, sleeping was all that mattered to her. Sleeping was a way for her to avoid any conversation with Dongwook. She couldn’t stand talking to someone who had played with her feelings, both her's and Taeyeon’s. I can’t imagine Taeyeon’s feelings when she found out that he’s actually married, she thought to herself. Dongwook realized that Tiffany was staring into space. He assumed she really needed a rest, so he nodded and kissed her shortly on the lips. 

That brought Tiffany to reality and she almost, almost responded to the kiss. She knew she still had feelings for him, even though what he had done was nothing but awful. They were still married anyways. She pushed him away lightly, not wanting to create any misunderstanding. She forced out a smile and went towards her bedroom. Dongwook pouted his lips at the lack of affection but shrugged it off as he understood his wife’s condition.

After changing her clothes to her pyjamas, she wrapped herself in a warm and fluffy blanket. She buried her head into a pillow and groaned to herself. I hate him, her mind said, but her heart told her otherwise. Her mind wandered back to when they were happy together, no cheating, no lying. Just the two of them and no one else. What went wrong? She asked herself. She closed her eyes and sighed in answer. Just then, Taeyeon and her baby blue hairband came into her view.

She sat up in an instant and gasped audibly. Taeyeon? She felt her heart quickened. Why did I thought of Taeyeon? She shook her head to get rid of more thoughts on Taeyeon. Maybe I was just excited that I made a new friend. Yeah, that must be it. She nodded her head, confirming the reason behind her leaping heart. She suddenly felt like sending a text to the flower girl. Grabbing her phone from the side table, she searched for their recent conversation. 

‘Hey. You asleep?’ She typed and was about the press ‘send’ before she paused her action. She was afraid that Taeyeon might be asleep. Sending a message at such a late hour could be bothering. Still, she couldn’t sleep if she doesn’t send at least a message to her. The latter was bothering her mind so much. At last, she sent the message for real. She then placed her phone back to the side table, preparing herself to finally sleep.

Not long after she had closed her eyes, her ears perked up at the sound of her phone vibrating. It was a short vibrate, indicating that someone must have sent a message to her. She stopped herself from smiling. She’s not asleep. She took her phone and turned its screen on. She was so excited. So excited that when she found out that the text did not came from Taeyeon, but instead a promotional message from her favorite clothing brand called ‘Soofits’, she threw her phone in exasperation. Right then, Soofits suddenly wasn’t her favorite anymore.

___________________

The next day, the real reply from Taeyeon came. Sadly, she couldn’t find the right time to reply yet as she was busy preparing Dongwook’s work attire and breakfast. As much as she refused to do it at the moment, she was still someone’s legal wife. It was her responsibility to take care of Dongwook, maybe not as his lover, but only as his wife. 

They were at their dining table then. Both Dongwook and herself, eating breakfast in complete silence. Her husband was busy checking his phone while she pondered on the right time to speak up about divorce. Deciding that she didn’t want to keep things longer, she spoke. “Wook-ah.” But her husband didn’t even budge. This was what she meant when she said her husband neglected her. This was his form of neglecting, and she hated it. “Lee Dongwook.” She said, her tone raising, succeeding in gaining his attention.

“Yeah babe?” He answered, still holding his phone on his hand. He saw how Tiffany had a totally different expression to her face, not the soft ones that she always displayed for him. “There’s something I want to say, and I will only say this once.” He eventually gave his full attention to Tiffany, thinking the latter had something important to confess. “I want a divorce.” She calmly announced.

He dropped his phone in utter astonish. “What are you talking about baby?” His faced showed confusion. “I said I won’t repeat.” She didn’t know where she had gotten her confidence from. All these years, she was always scared to go against men, moreover her own husband. Though she knew well when to stand on her own, that moment included.

He shook his head repeatedly, “You’re not making any sense. Why would you want a divorce from me? If I made you upset, we can always fix this!” He started shouting. He really seemed like he didn’t want to let go of Tiffany, and that made Tiffany chuckled bitterly. “Does the name Kim Taeyeon ring a bell, Dongwook?” She pretended like she didn’t like who this ‘Taeyeon’ wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter