Story #3

Of U & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exes and Oh's

(Yoongi & Wendy)

 

“Sir Yoongi, Bang PD asks for the progress of Oh Nana's song.” Someone made a mistake of barging into the room while Yoongi is working. He hates it when he is disturbed, and everyone knew of this.

“Excuse me?” He made it simple by glaring at her and somehow scowling to deliver the message: Go out or die. The girl seems to understand the reason why she hurriedly muttered an apology and closes the door abruptly.

He sighed and continued his work. A moment of silence filled the room when his door suddenly opened yet again that he angrily removes his headphones off from his head and let out an angry scowl.

At the door appeared one of his best friend, Taehyung, the oh-so-handsome-and-talented actor of all time. “My friend! I miss you so much!” he rushed to Yoongi with open arms clearly annoying him. Yoongi immediately held his palm out that crashed into Taehyung's face making him stop from hugging him.

“Tae, what are you doing here?” he asked irritatingly and let out a sigh. The guy was always in his studio, it’s understandable though because his company building is located just in front of Yoongi's. Making Taehyung easily cross and sneak unto his studio.

“Don't you miss me?” Taehyung asked with a sullen face and pouting lips.

Yoongi could only roll his eyes.

“You were here just yesterday.”

That made Taehyung think for a second and shrug his shoulders. “Oh well, I'm bored.” He said before slumping on the sofa.

“Don't you have any schedules?” he asked. Completely doesn’t want Taehyung to be around. Not now that he has a deadline to meet.

“It's my day off.”

“Every day seems like your day off.” He grunts making the guy laugh. “Cut me some slack, Yoongi. I've been having troubles with my make-up artist lately.” He sighed and covered his eyes with his arm.

“That Yerin girl you always talked about?” he asked before returning his attention to his computer, continuing where he left off.

Frustrated, Taehyung tugs on his hair but nodded anyways.

“Ahh, that girl surely hates you, huh?” he smirked. All he knows is that Yerin doesn’t like Taehyung—she actually loathes the guy. The reason for why, he doesn’t know. Taehyung also is confused why his make-up artist seems to not like him, at all. And he speaks about her every damn time Taehyung is around Yoongi’s studio.

It’s funny to witness Taehyung’s desperate face whenever he tells what happened between them during the day. Yoongi can’t help but think that no matter how kind and famous Taehyung is, you still can’t please everyone. Yerin is quite the living proof of that, though Yoongi doesn’t understand why did she even applied to be Taehyung’s make-up if she hates his guts.

Oh well.

A light knock interrupted the both of them and it opened showing one of their staff.

“Sir Yoongi, Bang PD expects you at his office right now. Someone’s there for an appointment.” She said. Yoongi could only sigh before standing up and exited his room. Leaving a whining Taehyung behind.

+

“What do you want now, PD-nim?” he asks the moment he entered the office with Bang PD in sight.

“There's a new collaboration project for you, Suga.” He said with a wide smile. He pointed at the person to his left, the person's back facing Yoongi. He didn’t notice the person before.

The mysterious person turned around and he almost lost his balance when she did.

.

“Suga, meet—“

“Seungwan?”

“Yoongi! Hi.” She greeted with much enthusiasm, even waving her hand to him. Yoongi raised his eyebrows in complete confusion and with a hint of irritating amusement.  

“You know each other?” Bang PD asked but it seems like he's talking to air since the two didn't bother answering him and just stared at each other. Not until the lady spoke.

“He’s an old friend.” She supplied with a smile. As if this encounter isn’t odd enough.

Huh, old friend? Wow.

“That's good then! I hope you can work well with each other. The contract signing and project meeting will be in 3 days.” He announced. “And Suga, she's new in the industry and this is her first single. I hope you'll take care of her.” After a series of farewells, the producer left the scene.

Leaving the two in dead silence. She coughed once.

“I decided to go with Wendy now, by the way.” She said. Yoongi just nod, looking at anywhere but her. “Aren't you going to ask how I am?” Wendy tried to sound nonchalant but Yoongi knows better, and confirms after seeing her smirk. The kind of smirk she uses when she’s being sarcastic, it’s not friendly at all.

“Looks like you're fine so why bother?” he stood up from his chair and walked to the door.

“Oh please, stop acting as if I’m the one who left two years ago.” Her voice is anything but friendly. Yoongi scoffed, can’t believe what he’s hearing, he didn’t expect Seungwan to be here, to really pursue this kind of career. Yet here she is.  

Yoongi didn't stop until he's at the door, opened it, but before he completely leaves, he said, “And stop acting as if it's entirely my fault.” And leaves, banging the door.

What are you doing here, Seungwan?

+

“These are the concepts our team proposed.” The team leader said and flashed several sample concept photos.

Three days pass and as prior discussed, the project meeting is being held in BigHit’s building. They’re currently reviewing the kind of concept that will go with Wendy’s new single, this will also be her debut as a solo singer that’s why everyone is taking every suggestion in consideration.

“I guess we need to decide of the story first, I can't seem to choose from your amazing concepts.” Yoongi rolled his eyes at what Wendy said. He could sense that Wendy doesn’t like any from the presentation, and he’s getting bored at the moment.

“If I may suggest, I think we could go for youth and love. Love songs or songs for the broken hearted are on top hit right now. Riding on the popularity of the genre will ensure success of the single.” One person from the team said.

Yoongi perked up at that. Having this kind of mindset really is an insult to his part as a producer. He creates songs because he wants to tell a story, and for the audience to relate to it. Riding on the popularity? That’s bull.

“Why don’t we hear from Wendy herself? It’s her single, it would be right to hear of what she wants to tell her audience from her music.” Yoongi interrupted. Totally against the idea the team suggested. All of them turned to look at Wendy then, who looks a little agitated at the sudden attention.

“I… uhmm. I honestly want to tell a story about me. I know it sounds cliché but I’ve been meaning to share what I’ve gone through with my song. The way that I want it to sound more like me but at the same time it’s a song that many listeners could relate.”

Yoongi moved his lips upward as if thinking and moved back from the table, just so he could twirl his chair around.

“So what story do you want to tell them then?” he asked, making Wendy turn to him with a knowing look on her face. She cocked her head on the side.

“That supporting one’s dream is okay but only to an extent, and happiness is not acquired if it’s one sided, and that it’s okay to be fed up it’s getting too much to handle.” Wendy said absent-mindedly, saying it while staring lost at Yoongi. Everyone else in the room exchanged looks and felt the sudden change of the atmosphere.

Yoongi bite the insides of his cheek, he mentally scoffed and leaned in towards the table again to place both his elbows on top of it, now staring down at Wendy.

“By any chance are you investing on this too personally?” Wendy’s eyes widened in surprise. She got too carried away that she was almost touching a sensitive subject. At least only to the both of them.

“N-no… I just want raw emotions incorporated in the song. That’s what someone taught be long time ago, music should speak to one’s soul, that’s the reason why music exists in the first place.” She muttered and decided to break away from Yoongi’s gaze.

She looked around and noticed that the team had gone quiet and it was only the two of them talking. Wendy’s face heat up in embarrassment and turned his head down to hide her face away.

Everyone chuckled at that, her manager made a thumbs up and bobbed his head up and down. Wendy didn’t even notice the small smile that grazed Yoongi’s lips, but only for a second because he immediately turned to serious mode before Bang Sihyuk encouraged the team to continue their discussion.

The meeting ended pretty well, everyone got up to start working on their respective assignments. One by one, they leave the room until it was only Yoongi, Wendy and Wendy’s manager left.

“Good job today, Wendy. And thank you very much Suga-ssi for your hard work.” Wendy’s manager approached Yoongi and shook his hand, Yoongi accepted and could only nod his head.

Wendy’s manager told her he’ll be waiting in the car before exiting the room, leaving the two of them alone now.

Yoongi acknowledged her presence briefly before gathering the papers remaining and headed for the door until Wendy called his name. The man turned to her, looking uninterested.

“Thank you for today.”

He just shrugged his shoulders and muttered its nothing, he really wants to get out right now but Wendy stopped him from leaving once again.

“You turned out to be a producer like you always wanted, I’m so happy for you.”

Yoongi gripped the door knob, he suddenly felt annoyed making him smirk out of nowhere.

“And I thought you hated my job, but why are you here?” Wendy winced at the spat of Yoongi’s words and felt numb to her spot, pain was visible in her eyes but Yoongi couldn’t care less and finally left the room, making sure to close the door louder than he should.

+

One month later..

“Again..” Yoongi said through the mic.

They’re now recording Wendy’s song when Yoongi suddenly interrupted and asked for another repeat, not satisfied.

“You’ve been making me repeat for fifth time now.” Wendy said in gritted teeth, completely irritated.

“I said again.” He said with finality and returned to his seat. The music played all over again and Wendy could only let out a sigh of exasperation. If she only doesn’t care about her career she won’t even proceed with this.

Halfway through the recording the music suddenly stops. Again.

She closed her eyes violently when Yoongi’s voice echoed the recording room.

“Again! You have to be sweet in this song, why are you singing forcefully?!” Yoongi shouted.

“Then stop making me sing the song all over again for God knows how many times!!” Wendy shouted back. She angrily removes the headphones from her ears.

“Stop being a jerk!”

Now that made Yoongi angry, he stormed inside the recording room and marched towards Wendy. A bubble of fear rose in Wendy’s chest when she saw how murderous Yoongi’s eyes looked, she almost wants to scramble off and hide behind the sofa.

He’s always like that even from the past. Whenever he’s angry, you should be the one to back down and don’t even dare to fuel the fire anymore.

He never changed. Wendy thought.

Even though she’s scared as hell, she didn’t back down and stand firm on her spot. Meeting his glaring eyes.

He stops right in front of her.

“I am your producer and I know what’s best for your song. If you can’t follow through, better yet find another one or rather don’t release this at all.” He said under his breath. He reached for the headphones on Wendy’s hands and snatched it away.

“You want to stop recording? Fine! Just settle on that recording then, let’s see.” He continued before turning around to leave not until Wendy gathered and threw the papers that contains the lyrics on his back. Tears are now streaming down her face.

She wants to say something but words fail her. is aching to counter what he said but nothing came out. Worse, she just let her tears fall, the way she always do when they fight.

Yoongi turned around and stops, she’s crying.

Instead of just standing there and watch her cry, he crouched on the ground to gather the papers on the floor. When he finished, he hands them back to her, not letting his guard down and maintained his serious look.

“Again.” He said.

“! You think you’re so good now because you became a producer? You think you can just bark at me because you’re so high now?!” she managed to say those words in the midst of sobbing.

Yoongi’s face softened for a moment, but it hardened once again after that.

“Let’s not include personal affairs now, and crying doesn’t work here. It will only bring you nowhere.” He said firmly before exiting. The person manning the controls staring dumbfounded at them.

Yoongi walked out from the recording studio, telling the other person that they’ll resume the recording some other time. He’s complete

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter