Chapter 1

Never Forgive, Never Forget, Never Left

The 14th of February seems happy and harmless, 

     Flowers and chocolates! Sappy notes and        shameless rom-coms! Obligatory dinner dates. Candy hearts. Lots and lots of pink.

     But V-Day's contemporary style is as far removed from its origins as your family's Thanksgiving dinner is from your syphilis-sharing Pilgrim predecessors. 

     Valentine's Day is rooted in violence and loss. Brutality. Death. The punishment of the innocent. V-Day's always had love notes and flowers. It's just that they were written moments before slaughter and placed carefully next to a cracked skull and a fresh grave.

He knows . . That's the worst V-Day's in his life.

     Day by day, dark memories never left. Dreams by dreams, its keep getting back vividly.

He thought being wealthy, smart, powerful will make him get what he want. He will, but not everything can be own by using money and power.

But for him, it just part of the deal. He got one. His first and he thought would be his last too.

Krystal. A name that he want to cherish forever. 

        Valentine Day was supposed to be their third anniversary, a beautiful day to begin with, a lovely day to share with- but at the same time, a nightmare . . a bad nightmare for him to experience with.

It all began like this . . .

In the same day where everybody created their lovely moment with their companion for life. So does Jongin. It was the last year for them both to study in their university. Prestigious Uni for the rich family. 

       So . . Is that make Jongin and Krystal match together?

       It was a beautiful panorama at the park near to their Uni. A big party was held, gathered all the couples in the city. Some couples mostly celebrate their day at Namsan Tower. 

       For Jongin and Krystal, they just simply had it at the park. Jongin with pink suit and turtleneck shirt inside was Krystal's favourite view since then . . With a cluster of red roses in his hands, he gave it to Krystal happily. 

After a while, they had their meals in an expensive restaurant, booked by Jongin. They talked, laughed- Jongin couldn't stop smiling when he stares at the face of an angel (( my bad ))

Red wine filled a quarter of their glass, clanking sounds can be heard when their cheers, brought their glass together.

Romantic surrounding, fancy light with candles, nice and tasty western meals, light up the mood.

"Jongin, send me home~ Dad is going to kill me if pass midnight, remember?" Krystal smiled sheepishly.

"I will never forget that," they chuckled.

"So, shall we go?" Jongin clears his throat.

"Yes . ." They smiled to each other, Krystal took the hands that Jongin offered.

Then . . They stood outside of the restaurant, holding hands, standing in front of each other, savour the moment . .

"I love you, Jongin." 

Jongin's feelings fluttered at the words, he felt like it was his first time. He did never know, of course, nobody know about the future- its also his last time.

"Come and get me !" Krystal shouted, ran across the road. She was waiting for Jongin to after her, but he didn't.

She paused. In the middle of the road.

"Jongin~ you're no fun at all." She pouted.

Jongin just laughed at how childish she was.

"I'm coming! Get ready! 1 . . 2 . . 3-"

He was about to run, Krystal also about to run . . but the time slowed down . . A loud of honking sound filled the air. Jongin's sight shifted to focus on Krystal post.

In a blink of eye . . nothing last longer.

                                      BREAK

"Nurse! Go find the surgeon to do the surgery. Quick!"

With that, the nurse were rushing to find the doctor.

"Professor!"

"Yes, I already got the call. Where is she?"

"Red zone." They fastened their pace towards the emergency. Emergency always been busy, full with patients, crying, screaming from the pain. Only a tough doctor were needed.

When they reached the room, the doctor quickly checked the vital. The patients looks really in bad condition. Blood spreading all over her body, her face almost cannot be recognized.

"The blood pressure drop down rapidly. Get the RBC."

"Yes, doc."

"Set the OT, quick! Ready for the operation."

"Yes, prof." The nurse and the doctor inside the room answered in unison.

When the professor walking out from the room, he saw his son standing in front of the counter.

"Son, I'm sorry. I cant continue our conversation. Talk to you at home later, okay?"

"I'll just wait here, father. Dont worry."

"Okay then." He nodded.

"Prof, we're ready!" The nurse called.

                                         ***

Jongin was panicked, his body numb. He felt scared, scared to lose her. 

It supposed to be me. Why her?? Why?!

He was sitting on the chair in from of the OT room. The lights turned to red. He was waiting for the good news. He intertwined his hand together, never stopped praying.

He kept blaming himself, wished to turn back time and put himself into her place. Sadly, nothing can be done. He only can blame himself.

Groaning, he was crying by himself . . He wanted his family to be there, but they couldn't. They were abroad for business. 

3 hours later . .

"What time is it?" The professor asked. Finished with closing the wound.

"1.25 a.m."

". . Wednesday, 15th February, 1.25 a.m."

That's it. The professor announced the death time. 

The professor already finished with the operation, after he cleaned himself up, he walked out of the room.

"Doc! Doc! How is she?! Tell me!" Jongin yelled, ran to the professor.

"Please calm down . . " the professor heaved a sigh.

"Please doctor . . What happen to her?"

"I'm very sorry. We've tried our best. She couldn't make it." 

Jongin was really felt lost. Losing someone he cherish the most, losing someone he loved the most.

What am I gonna do . . 

"No . ." He shook his head, he stumbled backwards. "You're lying . ."
He cried.

"YOU'RE LYING!!"

With shattered feelings, he fell to the floor, sitting, grabbed his head with both of his hand.

"NO!!"

"I-I . ."

"Calm down young man. I am very sorry for your lost," the professor sighed.

"But I-"

"Please, come with me to my room. I'll try to help."

"I want to stay with her." Jongin sobbed. Laying his head against the wall.

"If that so . . You can find me in my room. I'm very sorry, son."

Jongin being left alone . .

He felt lost . .

He did never know that his life could change. And the voice inside his head reminded him that, Krystal was dead. He need to live . . 

Live deadly. .