Chapter Two

Miracle

It was a bit late in the morning, Min Min smelled something delicious in the kitchen. She sat up on her bed, rubbed her eyes, and saw herself in the mirror. >-< She looks horrible, her hair was in a mess, her eyes were black probably was caused couple seconds before when she rubbed her eyes, and her body is sticky. She stood up and went to the bathroom.

“Good Morning, darling. Go wash up. Mama is cooking ox tail soup. You probably are having a bad hang over.”

That’s right. O.O Min Min head is dizzy and she feels icky inside her chest. “Yes, mama. Thank you.”

Min Min finished washing up and went to the table to eat.

“Yumm… Ox tail soup is always the best. Mama, are you upset?”

“Darling, why would I be upset?”

“Um… for drinking too much until I knocked out?”

“Well, I am a bit frustrated. But I will let it pass since it is Tian Bao’s birthday.”

“Awee… Mama you are the best.”

“Min Min ah, mama has met the matchmaker called and said she has found a suitable match for you. I want you to go meet him later after your interview at Glory company.”

“Ma, I am not ready.” >.<’

“Min Min, you are turning 26 in a couple of months. You are not getting younger, in fact the opposite. Mama, wants to be able to help you when you have children. Please, at least attend the blind date?”

“Ma…”

Li Mama let out a breath and said “I promise you, if it doesn’t work out, I will not pressure you anymore. So please go?”

In Min Min mind, she knows that “last time” will never meant it. Her mother said the same thing last time and other times too. Thinking to herself… how much will it hurt to just attend the blind date? None, because she has gone to more than 25 blind dates. Most of the men are ignorant, erts, or already married. She is annoyed, but she will attend just to make her mother happy. Min Min does not want her mother to be upset, because she is still recovering from her fall 3 months ago.

Li Mama slipped when she was walking towards Min Min at her 20th blind date. Li Mama was angry at Min Min for purposing showing after her blind date partner left. Li Mama broke her right fibula when she fell and had to be rushed into the hospital. Considering Li Mama’s age, studies are shown that older woman having osteoporosis is common. They had to perform an emergency surgery because Li Mama was losing too much blood.

“Ma, I will go.”

“Awee… Thank you.”

After eating, Min Min went to dress for her interview. Min Min tied her hair into a pony tail, put on a little make which includes only shading in eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, a bit a blush and lip gloss. She has clear, soft and smooth skin, so she doesn’t need any foundation. She put on a white shirt, and a high waist pencil skirt showing her y slender curve. Min Min also wore a black 2in heel, she was ready for her interview.

Min Min in front of the human resources manager of Glory company.

“Good afternoon, my name is Li Min Min. I am here to interview for the personal assistant/clerk of the CEO.”

“Hello, just in time. I am Wu An Cy the, follow me upstairs will take a look at your profile and interview you.”

Min Min followed Wu An Cy, an older woman in her 30s to the elevator to the 5th level. Glory’s company is well known, in fact the most successful company in the business market. They create wedding designs, coordinate weddings, and design clothes for the bride and groom. Wu An Cy knocked on the door, and a voice invited them in.

“Hello boss. This is a candidate interviewing for the personal assistant/clerk position. This is her profile, please have a look.” Wu An Cy placed Min Min’s profile on the desk full of documents.

Xiao Hai took the yellow folder and opened it up. His eyes widen, and lifted his head up to look at the familiar face. Min Min squinted and recall the moment when she slapped a man yesterday who has the same face as the man standing in front of her. She slightly remembers demanding for an apology, but the alcohol kicked in; she out.

“It’s you!” Both Xiao Hai and Min Min shouted, pointing fingers at each other.

“You guys know each other?” asked Wu An Cy.

“Wu An Cy, you may leave for a bit.” Said Xiao Hai. Wu An Cy turned and looked at Min Min with a puzzle face then walked to the door; closing the door behind her.

“So… you remember…” snorted Xiao Hai.

Min Min bit her lips and took a deep breathe. “Yes, why wouldn’t I remember a ert like you?”

“Oh. You have mistaken—” Xiao Hai looked at the profile and read the name. “Miss Li, I have never touch you. As a matter of fact, you don’t have anything that interest me. From what I see, you have no curves, and a small chest.”

Min Min cover her chest. “You erted, skinny, looking like a bum!” Min Min walked forward and raise her hand to slap Xiao Hai, but failed. Xiao Hai held her wrist stopping her, then he slightly pushes Min Min back when he let her wrist go.

“You are applying for the personal assistant/clerk position… Hmm… I see… You are hired.” Xiao Min said while smiling.

Min Min notices that Xiao Min has an evil plan inside his mind. He is actually planning to torture her! By hiring her for the position, she will have to work under and close to the CEO; follow every command he makes.

 “You know what? I de—”

~rang~rang~ Min Min’s phone rang interrupting her sentence. She looked at her phone and didn’t hesitate to pick up.

“Hello, this is Li Min.”

“Miss Li, the payment for your mother medical bill, monthly payment including the past month is $1000.00, remainder of xxx.xxx.xxx is. Please have the monthly payment paid in 2 weeks.”

“Yes, I understand. Thank you.”

Min Min hung up her phone and looked at Xiao Hai.

“You, what?—Continue.” Xiao Hai demanded.

Min Min forced a smile and accepted the position.

“Great! You will start tomorrow at 6am. Here is the full description of your job. Be here on time. You may leave.”

Min Min took the paper in her hand’s and left the company. She looked at her phone and it was 5pm in the evening. She remembers her mother reminding her before she left for her interview about the blind date at 5pm.  Min Min took a deep breath and walked towards the restaurant. Luckily, her mother has some sense and choose a restaurant near where she went to interview for her job.