Lost Innocence

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 2007

 

Eight year old Jihoon doesn't know much about the problems of the world except that he knows about his parents' affair and their late night fights that would involve loud cries, glass breaking and doors slammed. He would try to talk about it with his mother, asking her what does the word divorce meant and his mother would always smile and pat his head, telling him not to worry much and focus on living his childhood well.

And he does, he plays well outside with his friends named Woojin and Minhyung, the kids that are born in the same year as him. They called themselves The Rowdyruff Boys, but the good version. He will be the good Brick, Minhyung would be the good Boomer while Woojin would be the good Butch. 

His friends' parents would be outside, admiring them and cooing about how cute they look with their respective colored capes. And he would always go to the side while the other 2 are being cared by their mothers and how their fathers would tease them.

And once again, he tried talking with his mother that night. He asked her, “Why don't you and Papa go outside and play with me too, like how Woojin and Minhyung's Mama and Papa does?” 

“Sweetie, me and your father aren't in good terms right now. Your papa has another woman that he loves.”

“I have another mama?” Eight year old Jihoon tilted his head in confusion, he doesn't know he can have two mothers at the same time.

“Well, kinda Hoon-ah. But this is a bad thing, since your papa cheated on me.” His mother explained calmly.

“C-cheated? Like how some of my classmates would copy my other classmates' answers?” Eight year old Jihoon asked and his mother muttured a soft yes before standing up and pinching his chubby cheeks. His mother tucked him into bed and walked towards the door, wiping her cheeks in the process.

After a few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter