Engagement?

From A Tangle '&' to A Knot '♥'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Its been about 1 hour since the most unexpected guest came over at Mrs.Park's and proposed the most laughable proposal ever in the living room. Jimin glared angrily at the woman before him. Seo-yeon scoffed at her tapping her foot on the floor, Mrs. Park kept quiet while Mrs.Lee was ready to sweep her out of the house with her broom.
"Marry my son", Lady Kim said.

"That's absurd", Jimin stated as he gritted his teeth, glaring at the young looking lady in 50s. Lady Kim shifted her position and stared at Seoyeon making the latter shift uncomfortably at her look.

"It might have sounded like an order, pardon me. But this is a request. My son needs help. He isn't going to go any further if it keeps going on causing troubles here and th--"

"Mrs.Kim, I'm pretty sure that your son isn't at wrong here and you, as the mother should know that. He didn't even do a single thing wrong and all are accusing him of such things? That's ridiculous! I don't know how families in the upper class works but know enough that your son should get justified by any means and not by covering it up with money", Seoyeon said with a fire of righteousness burning in her eyes.

The room was quiet as Mrs.Kim stared at her as a curl slowly lift up her lips.

"Perfect!", She exclaimed. 

Seoyeon's POV

She's been offering all kinds of bargains in change for me marrying his son this past 1hr which is stupid. Does she really think all people fall for money? That is so not going to happen to me. Never in a million years. Marriage? Pfft...For god's sake i never even thought about it since the moment I landed on earth. There's no way people of the riches will persuade me in exchange of some money. No freakking way.

"You're exactly the type I'm looking for", she added with big smile on her face.

"W-what do you mean?", I was kind of terrified when she said that. The lady exudes power and money. With that smile on her face, I knew I was caught up in a net.

"You have to marry my son. No, scratch that. My son has to marry you"

"Excuse me? Pardon me, but can't you still get the fact that I'm not going to--", I was interrupted when a slightly broken voice pleaded.

"Help...please, I will do anything to give you in return. You seem to be the type to not give a fuss over money and that's exactly the type of person I admire. I will do anything if you'll help my son to be the person he's supposed to be...please??" 

With the look in her eyes, I almost considered helping her...'almost', note that.

"That's not going to work, Ma'am. You can't just request for such a thing. I may be poor but I know what's right and wrong for my daughter. I'm not going to give in such a play of yours so please leave before things get hectic in the media", my mother spoke right from the back. She came up to take a hold of my hand and give me a comforting squeeze.

"I won't exchange my daughter for anything", she said which nearly brought tears up in my eyes. How did I get into such a terrible mess? This wasn't his fault, mine neither.

"I guess I will have to use force then.", She stated with a plain face which confused me until she pressed her lips and turn to Mrs.Park and let out the words I never wanted to hear.

"Fire them, Miss Yewon", she said as i felt my mom jerk a little. I turn quickly to Mrs.Park waiting for her response, feeling like I was stepping on broken glasses. 

"This is the only way for them to agree. I have looked up into all of you enough to know the limit of power I can use. Call it harsh, its for my son. Fire them, Miss Park unless you want your business down. I can do it legally knowing the linkages you have in your profession."

Mrs.Park looked at me with a look that carried all the burdens of the world at the moment.

"Don't you threaten my mom like that! Why are you doing this to us?! Just because of your filthy so--"

"MY SON is not filthy. I will prove it and I need help from her. Its a big thing to her, I know. But I'm willing to follow her all my life if she agrees to help.", She said with tears in her eyes. Jimin ruffled his hair frustrated. I have never seen him this way neither Mrs.Park. Because of me...all of them are affected.

"Is marriage the only way?", I spoke up, fists clenched tight knowing i might regret this.

All of them looked up at me. Mom was already in tears...I squeezed her hand back.

"I want to help but Is marrying your son the only way?"

"I don't want to affect your whole life in this either but infront of the media having you marry him legally will only stop all these rumours about him and you. If not that, they will continue to shred my family and even you, now that you somehow got involved. ual violence is a big issue, dear, people won't keep quiet on it and its not affecting the company's image only but even you. You are already out there in the media. What are you supposed to do to clear it off? Walking infront of them and yelling that it didn't happen won't keep it quiet. They will always somehow or the other bring it up to mess everything up. That's what medias are like. My son doesn't really have the good impact to them from before and like always they have been trying to find loopholes to bring him down, bring us down. And they're using you to do that. I-- We just need help... to clear it off together."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter