My Time Around (Time To Love)

Memoirs of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pardon the errors and whatnnot I made as the terrible editor I am. Haha.

 

 

It had only taken a few days until the entire campus was quietly whispering away at what they all heard.

 

Mina and I separating.

 

Words in the wind questioned what had happened, but they all saw the same thing, leaked onto social media but its impact wasn’t loud. No, it was a more of a silent, creeping shock. Surprisingly, there was not an uproar from the other students, knowing that no good would come them if they were found talking about some of the biggest students on the campus.

 

The following few months kind of shook a large base of the large cliques around the campus. Especially the sports department and wing of the school. The rumours of then had stacked up and slowly snowballed into more than whispers in the wind. Maybe at the start of the second week since then, was when things had really blown out of the water and even the staff were gossiping about it.  

 

It would have been terrible for the school as an entity because it was confirmed that it really was the principle's nephew that was in the photo with Mina. Even the principle himself approached me about this whole ordeal, he had apologized on the behalf of his nephew's actions. When he learned that he didn't say a word to me about it after it all came out, the principle was obviously on the border of fuming mad but was really doing his best at keeping his composure in front of me there. 

 

Surprisingly the day after the next, when I was leaving the campus grounds, I was approached by the principle and another man, who seemed similar to him. I then learned that was the father of the guy Mina was now with. He first tried to play a strong card against me saying no good would come to me if I said anything against them; I never thought of to defame their family. Luckily the principle hit him on the arm, calling him ridiculous and coming to my defence, knowing my situation at the time of that night. It was almost instantly the other man apologized to me, after hearing what his brother had just said. The shock on his face even surprised me, I had to stop him from getting on his knees to apologize to me.  

 

Next thing I had known that day, I was in the man's home. I was invited to come over to chat with him and his wife, over dinner. I could only agree to it, as I had no to power to refuse his offer. 

 

After explaining the situation to his wife, the older man pardoned himself to change his clothes. As he did, his wife chatted with me about the whole situation, constantly apologizing to me every few minutes. She never believed that there was a photo of the night. So, when I showed her the picture, she let out a loud gasp and sigh, almost cursing aloud as well. I saw the tears in her eyes start to swell, I can only guess that it was because she never thought she would feel this sort of betrayal from her son; that like every mother thought she had raised him well. Again, I had to stop another older person from being formal to me because of this. 

 

Soon after, I had found myself at the dinner table, with the couple. They wouldn't let me go without at least having dinner with them, as a formality as the guy's parents. The dinner was a few main dishes and a handful of sides, my type of dinner. At least, the small talk at the table was slightly comedic, nothing heavy. 

I offered to wash the dishes, as I've learned from my mother to do as a guest in someone else's home. After a few minutes of light bickering, I was allowed to help, dry the dishes! 

 

As I was reaching for my coat, it was almost the perfect timing to go this evening. As I was slipping my feet back into my shoes, chatting with the couple, ending the night. And then suddenly, the sound of keys and the knob turning attracted all of our attention and as it opened, I could only laugh at myself on the inside. 

 

Almost instantly, the mood at the doorway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter