Moments in My Head

Memoirs of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina.

That was her name, a name I came to know quite well inside of my head. We'd become close mates inside and outside of our classroom. Our conflicting personalities and habits kind of pushed us towards each other. Like parts of a machine we unnecessarily worked and acted well with each other almost 97% of the time. I was brasher and emotionally driven but hidden behind my tooled words and actions. A lad known to most of our grade and seniors as being a good person. But I was always prepared to exchange fists, for a thrill, if needed. Mina, she was quite something else compared beside me. An obviously harder worker than I, with the ethics to show. Bit more of a social bird, being part of an all-girl clique known in the school. Though her voice mostly kept to herself, I've first hand heard it unleashed when she needs to. She's also quite the charmer, the whole package going on as well. Her formality in the art of ballet shows in her everyday self, the balance and grace she carries still baffles me. And well, over a couple of months being sat beside each other in class we had developed quite a relationship that earned viewers and comments from here and there in and out of the school.

There was a day where she suddenly jumped onto my back during a school trip and made me carry her around the lot. Hearing her giggles and laughs, knowing a smile was on her face was enough for me to get through the physicality of it. I must be thankful for some things as well. Her physique was one I never took in until she was on my back, it was almost like I just had a bag on my back. The feeling of my hands under her thighs holding her up was surprising to me. Her muscles fit right into my hands and her unfathomable white skin was like velvet. It was the first time we've had contact like that, but I was the only one having this string of thoughts back then.

A few months later was when I took in our relationship. It was our math class we shared, one of many we shared. As I was getting into the calculations, I took off the ring on my right hand and set it on the desk so I could focus more. But I didn't. I saw her ring, a silver band with a penguin etched onto it by her textbook. She picked up my ring to only smile at the matching ring, though mine had our astrological signs etched on. My eyes moved up to see her smile that I never tire of seeing at all. But at the same time across the room, I saw our teacher and one of the girls from her clique looking at us, both with the same discerning look on their faces.
I knew that over time I've changed as a student and a person to the outside. Choosing to lose a bit of my cool to sharpen my edge more. The teachers knew I was still a decent person, but I had gained a bite that could come out of blue. Mina's clique was a bit different, you could say they were divided on opinions about our relationship. One side was perfectly fine, the other not so much, but both still respect her choice of partner.

Just last month, I learned that she gained some new confidence in herself. She and I, with some mutual friends along with a few girls from her clique, planned a night out to see a movie, just to get a break from the drilling pains of academics. But as we were walking through the mall to get to the theater, she pulled my hand and dragged me back out to the parking lot. I stood confused as I watched her tap away at her phone, giving an excuse to her friends for our disappearance. All I knew then was that she was in control that night and my words would have no say in them. I just followed her figure, swaying, dressed in a black skirt, cropped top and bomber jacket. One sight of her I couldn't look away from. 
Next thing I realize is that she's pulled me into a club a few blocks from the mall, the lights and blaring music distracted me enough to lose count of the empty glasses in front of us soon afterwards. She had suddenly straddled my waist and gone for a short, deep kiss. Only to pull away and tease me a little as she pulled the tab on her jacket, really wanting to drive me crazy as she slowly revealed what was under that layer. My mind was clear enough to know that she wasn't holding any bars up at this point. Seeing that the top she had on was much shorter than I had realized and was much more transparent under even the dim light at our table. I had raised one of my brows in reaction to the sight of her choice of undergarment. Through the material of her top, I could make out the lacy purple fabric that hugged her body and she giggled at my reaction. She brought her face down again to start another make-out session after having her little fun with me. 

The rest of that night flew past us as quickly as the morning sun woke us up. I hadn't even opened my eyes and knew we were in her room, of the shared apartment, the subtle scent of vanilla and fruits were the dead give away to it. I was thankful to know we were in good hands of her friends and hopefully didn't make any mistakes. Glancing down, I noticed Mina tucked in my arms, head resting on my chest. But, why was I shirtless and she in a different top? I had later learned that when her friend brought us back, they chose to change Mina's clothes and strip me so we wouldn't be sleeping in clothes smelling of alcohol and sweat. At least my pants were still on me, thank goodness.
I had luckily somehow managed to get Mina's body off mine without waking her, so I could clean myself up more and check out what's happening in the apartment. Sharing a toothbrush was no issue for the two of us, but her choice of peppermint toothpaste would sometimes bring up the argument of spearmint versus peppermint. Personally, spearmint had a better cool feel post brushing. Finally stepping out of the bathroom, I took a glance at the room and realized that my clothes from the night were nowhere in my sight at all. Then it clicked, I also kept two spares of clothes here in the room for times like this. So, I opened up her standup closet and crammed at the bottom of it was the duffel bag that had my spares. Opening it up, I noticed my choice of spares were from when we started dating, and I didn't have as much muscle on me and had fat instead. Though it was a slightly tight fit into the button up and wasn't able to put the last two buttons up, it felt fine. Looking at the mirror on her desk, I didn't ever take in the chest I had gained from working out. I've been dressing better since then. 

As I turned from the mirror I heard Mina stirring in the bed and as I rotated to see her, I had my breath taken from my lungs.

There she was in all her morning glory. She had sat up with her legs crossed and the blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Her lob sided smile made me smile as well, but my attention was caught again. She didn't fully draw the blanket around her entirety, stopping just around her shoulders and partially wrapping her arms. When I saw her body with the loose tank top hanging from her shoulders, still revealing her bra and cleavage to me. Mina took notice to my vision and in reaction completely covered herself with the blanket and hide her face in the pillow. I thought I heard her call me a 'ert' through the pillow. I could let out a laugh as I pulled the blanket below her head and giving her a quick kiss as I picked her up, bridal style. The white blanket acting as a faux dress wrapped around her. Bringing us to the living room, I placed her, sitting on their couch. The scent of breakfast taking our attention away from each other. So that's when we saw them all, sitting at the large rectangular table, staring back at us. It was the rest of her clique of friends, that had paused eating to watch the two of us. I could only look away at the wall the couch was up against, out of embarrassment. We both never expected them all to be at the table eating. Normally it was maybe two or three max, I've seen before at the table in the morning, not all seven others. 
Past tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter