Chapter 2

Blissful Struggles [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Rough edit. Quick update. Sorry it's been so long, I forgot to post this up after some things happened personally.. ×-× Hope this small update cheers you guys up a tiny bit.

 

 

Chanyeol groaned as his eyes rolled back.

Baekhyun had been tossing and turning again while snoring and talking in his sleep for the sixth day that week.

The noises ranged from yelling about video games, Chanyeol's name, ordering food, whispering Chanyeol's name, running through dance moves verbally, singing and humming, and back to thoughts of Chanyeol.

Their week had quickly flewn by already and the two of them were already too dead tired to even spend time together--let alone be with their dogs as well.

Mongryong whined as much as Baekhyun talked whenever they had to leave for work, dance practice, vocal training, and the like.

Toben followed Chanyeol around solemnly, always in disbelief he would abandon him for another day with long hours when he had finally gotten to see his dearest owner in so long. He would silently cry.

The situation broke the couple's hearts as they shut the front door every day, only to hear scratches at the door and tiny whines that begged them to come back home already.

Of course, it wasn't always heartbreaking.

_____

As Toben and Mongryong's fathers were deadbeat exhausted upon coming home, the first things that crossed their minds was to greet them and beg for all of the attention they should have been getting ages ago.

However, what greeted the couple first was the pungent scent of what smelled like an unattended public bathroom.

""It's your turn.""

Chanyeol and Baekhyun tiredly looked at one another. 

Had it been any other day, they would have laughed off speaking at the same time.

Chanyeol would be kissing Baekhyun's cheek and offering to clean it for him.

Baekhyun would kiss him more and promise to make it up to him before running along coyly to run their bath before bed.

The couple only sighed and trudged forward without a word or affectionate display.

Toben whined and pointed out all of the spots Chanyeol had to pick up and clean.

Mongryong simply bit Baekhyun's pants to drag him to each pile and puddle instead, knowing very well his owner wasn't one to favor cleaning.

By the end of the first week, Suho had come over to check up on their progress.

He stood nervously at the front door, taking off his shoes, weary if he had intruded while the couple may be busy having on their day off.

Suho, upon hearing the two's voices boom loud and sharply from the kitchen, knew it was safe to enter. Mostly.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were on the edge, arguing in the kitchen when Suho snuck in carrying their kids.

They watched the two bicker.

"Maybe we would have something to eat if you hadn't forgotten to buy two packs of meat, like I asked." Baekhyun sassed with a hand on his hip at the freezer. "How do you expect us to survive on one pack? That's enough to feed Mongry. Do I look like my dog to you?"

Chanyeol closed his eyes with a sigh, his patience thinning. "Maybe we would have food if you didn't burn everything that touches the pan, Baek." Chanyeol gritted out as he continued to chop onions with his red, watering eyes.

Suho saddened to not see their usual routine: Baekhyun skipping around the kitchen getting ingredients for Chanyeol to handle while he threw in this and that in the pots or pans by Chanyeol's instructions. Chanyeol wasn't giving Baekhyun surprise hugs and kisses from behind as they worked. Baekhyun hasn't cleaned up the kitchen to compensate for his lack of cooking skills nor lovingly wiped Chanyeol's tears from the onions.

The kitchen was filthy.

There were stains on the counter, burnt pots and pans thrown angrily in the sink with bits of food still caked on, piles of dishes and silverware, and the dogs' bowls seemed to still have the leftovers from the start of the week.

Suho cleared his throat as he saw Chanyeol slam the knife down on the counter after Baekhyun was nearing him, hand up and ready to redden Chanyeol's cheek after more words we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter