Intro: The Beginning of a New Family

Blissful Struggles [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Beginning of a New Family 

__________

Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun from behind as they washed dishes together quietly in the kitchen.

They had just finished their anniversary dinner along with spreading the big news to their brothers.

Chanyeol had finally popped the question a few days back.

To which Baekhyun responded by declining, sassing Chanyeol, for he too was going to ask him that very night.

They ended up in a fit of giggles, tangled limbs, and heated kisses while wearing both sets of rings.

The dinner, however, hasn't ended so smoothly.

__________

"No."

Chanyeol's hand slipped off of Baekhyun as both their smiles died.

"Wh-What do you mean 'no'...?" Chanyeol inquired in disbelief, still vaguely smiling in case it was another badly timed joke from Suho.

Suho shook his head and clasped his hands together on the table, looking at the two gravely. "I love you both. There's been more than enough times I have defend you and supported you. You know I believe in soulmates when I look at how much the two of you are perfect together. ...I would deny the world if they said otherwise."

Both of them nodded as they took their seats at the front of the table.

"...But?" Baekhyun looked ready to cry.

Chanyeol rubbed his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around his small frame.

"But... I don't think either of you are ready. The love, support, and everything is there between the both of you. You just...aren't ready for the world itself."

Chanyeol laughed lightly, joking, "We've practically seen the world, hyung." He sighed as he turned serious again, "Hyung... We- We've all went through some hardships these past years, no doubt as EXO, but also before we were even trainees. We've experienced the world. ...We're ready for what comes."

Suho sighed and glanced down at the table. "I know. I know that both of you could burden the world if you had to, I know that better than anyone. I've seen it. But, marriage...is an entirely different world."

"We already know what it's like to be at each other's throats from living together," Baekhyun reasoned as he held Chanyeol's hand on his lap to calm him down. "It shouldn't be too different. We even managed to balance being EXO while dating secretly. I have faith we can make it."

Suho nodded. "I think you can, too. I just- ...I just never want anything to happen to the both of you. You're still so young for forever... You've both been sheltered, no matter how much you want to deny it. EXO has been taken care of and given all we need. Your parents raised you both well and also spoon fed you everything, protecting you from the world's cruelty. ...But, I believe you both can take it. Which is why, I want you both to go through a test."

"A test? Like a practice round for after we get married?" Chanyeol questioned, quickly catching on.

"Hm," Suho agreed with a hum. "If you succeed, I will pay for and take care of everything for your wedding. I will take care of your home and needs. And of course, something you already have, you have my complete support for this step in your lives. I'll always be here to comfort you and lead you in life, in and out of EXO."

The two of them looked at one another.

"I think you guys should do it," Kai pitched in before taking a sip of his water.

Minseok nodded, "Suho is right. Young couples struggle a lot once they get married, even after living together for years. It's hard..."

"It's nothing like how it is living with all of us," Chen gestured to everyone at the table. "Being married is something no one is ever ready for, even you guys."

Sehun but his lip as the two looked at him. His eyes darted between them. "I care about my hyungs... the last thing I want to see is you guys fighting... I don't believe in love and marriage if you guys don't work out..."

Baekhyun reached over to kiss his head, thanking him and assuring him they would be fine.

"There's no harm in being delaying your marriage to be more prepared for what comes after," Kyungsoo piped in, looking them straight in the eyes, signaling that he was advising it was the best approach.

Chanyeol nodded and looked down at the table. "What did you have in mind?"

"Well..."

__________

They solemnly took their time with each dish.

"You can always come back. I'm not banning you from here. This will always be your home," Suho whispered sadly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter