Chapter 4

The Beat of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jack wakes up to the sunshine gleaming in through the window. Curtains, we need curtains, he thinks to himself as he rolls over to get the sun out of his eyes, and a new mattress... He closes his eyes again, but is jerked awake when he hears a crash coming from outside. Out of bed in a flash, and he's out the door, without even dressing first. 

Rushing into the kitchen he sees a broken plate shattered on the floor, and Sunmi carefully picking up the pieces. "Whoa, Whoa, careful with that! Here, let me!" he cries. Sunmi looks up at him, noticing he is still in his boxers, and nothing else. She breaks into a grin and starts giggling. "What?" Jack says, confused.

"Mmh, so I get a show with my breakfast?" Sunmi teases, as she looks him up and down, her lips. Jack goes red in the face and crosses his arms across his body, trying his best to cover up. "Aww, don't be embarrassed, you have a great body, sweetie!" she cooed. 

"Stop objectifying me!" Jack huffs, crossing his arms and pouting. "I'm not a piece of meat."

Sunmi giggles and walks over to him, uncrossing his arms, wrapping her own around his waist. She tip-toes up to him and gives him a peck on the lips. "Of course not. You're my boyfriend." She kisses him again. All of a sudden, Jack lifts her up and spins her around, sitting her on the counter top, causing Sunmi to squeal. "Mmh, strong." she says seductively, his arms.

"Well, I have to be to lift your fat !" he jokes, brushing her hair to the side. Sunmi gasps, and punches him in the chest. "Careful, or you'll hurt yourself again." jests Jack, as he leans in for another kiss, but this time, Sunmi crosses her arms and turns her head away, peeved. "Okay, you do that, I'll clean up." Jack chuckles, as he goes to get a broom and dustpan. He starts sweeping up the broken pieces of ceramic, meticulously making sure to get every shard before dumping it all into a plastic bag and tying it up. He turns his attention back to Sunmi, "So, let's go get ourselves a new mattress!" he suggests.

"But we need a sofa as well, and curtains. I don't think we can afford so much right now." Sunmi retorts.

"Guess we can have a look, see what the prices are like."

Sunmi nods, "Okay, I'll go get ready!"

As Sunmi was about to hop off the kitchen counter, Jack grabs her by the waist and lifts her off of the counter, lowering her to the ground. She remains standing, arms round his neck, staring into his eyes. "What?" Jack asks. Sunmi shakes her head, and pecks him on the cheek. Before he could say another word, she runs off in the direction of the bedroom, leaving Jack scratching his head in the kitchen. He grabs the bag with the broken plate and walks towards the front door. "Hey sweetheart, I'll wait for you out front, I'm going to take out the plate you broke!" Jack shouts.

"Okay, won't be long!" Sunmi shouts back from the bedroom.

Jack leaves the apartment and presses the button for the elevator. While waiting, he takes out his phone to check the time. The elevator arrives, and before he steps in, he notices BoA is in the elevator again. He flashes a smile and a slight bow as he enters, causing BoA to do the same. He steps off to the side as the doors close, stealing another glance at her. Nervously he rubs his hand. "Excuse me," Jack quietly says,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter