What we were in our brightest days.

The things that we could be.

It all began when she met Irene at the young age of 6. They were young then, and life had been much simpler. Happy when given ice-cream, unhappy when not. She missed those days where she could wipe the corner of Irene's mouth with a loving tenderness reserved only for her, and Irene would reciprocate with that same look in her eyes. Seulgi would stare, and stare at Irene's warm brown orbs, and lose herself in the vast universes they contained. Love was simpler then, and little Seulgi knew, she didn't know how, but she knew that she was in love with Irene. And that was all that mattered. 

 

But life changes us in different ways as we grow up, and this applies to all of us, even those in childhood love. Yet, it had been different for Seulgi and Irene somehow, and they still maintained those loving touches, those coveted glances that meant so much more, those hidden smiles and goofy grins that appeared when they saw each other. Love was simpler then, slightly more complicated than before, but nothing Seulgi and Irene couldn't overcome. Seulgi didn't know what they were, but middle school was too early to put a label on it. And they were happy - the happiest they had been. That was all that mattered.

 

But as blessed as the two were, a time came when they inevitably had disagreements and misunderstandings. It started off small, and grew, and grew, until just the sight of each other made them turn up their nose in disgust. Oh, how had the times changed! Seulgi wished she could have done something, but pride was too important for her, and so the drift between them widened even further.

 

They had parted on bad terms, both hating the other to the core. But slowly, as Seulgi adjusted to life without Joohyun in high school, she realized that no matter what, there would be a large part of her that would always be gone. A large part that would always belong to Joohyun. She got used to it, bit by bit, little by little. It was hard, and she cried alot, but she had to be strong. For herself. And so she soldiered on, alone, and eventually made herself as whole as she could be without the love of her life. It wasn't complete, she knew, but Joohyun was worth every single bit. But deep down, in the darkest reaches of her heart, she slowly started to lust for the girl's love again.

 

As fate would have it, they met again - both studying in the same university, and both being assigned to the same dorm room. It had been a shock. A huge shock - Seulgi still remember the look on Irene's face when she had opened the door for her new roommate, never once expecting that it could be Seulgi, that her roommate would be the girl that could make her heart flutter just by being beside her, that it would be the girl who laughed and watched her with tender eyes, that it would be the girl who would wipe ice cream off the corner of with a little giggle. It came all too fast - and they couldn't deal with the abruptness of it all. But yet, they grew to understand each other, and mended the relationship that should never have been broken.

 

Alas, all good things never last. Graduation day was coming to a close, and with it, the familiarity of living together with the one they loved. Weeks before the dreaded day, Seulgi stared up at the wall of her dorm, decorated with glowing stars that her and Irene had placed on a sunny weekend. Those days were simpler - it was just her and Irene, without a care in the world, in their own little bubble. The bubble would soon pop, Seulgi knew, and she knew the way to save it was to confess. But she never had the courage too - and so they parted again, a story unfinished, the ending yet to be complete.

 

Part 2 would be more story like? Instead of this current writing style. It will be much more lengthy as well HAHA! Sorry for the short content, still working on other stuff! Do give comments and ideas if any!!