Turning Page

Eyes on fire

She was shocked.

 

He was shocked.

 

The birds quieted down their tweets, the sun was about to set, the leaves suddenly stopped falling and the earth seemed to stop revolving around the sun as soon as they were both in each other’s arms - again.

 

Not intimately though. Every living creature in this world knew how Ji Hyun wanted to kill Chang Wook because of her position right now. Her expression was still an angry, focused, a hunter-like craving for another flesh or blood.

 

While on the other hand, Chang Wook was steady; his expression softening as soon as he realized it was only Ji Hyun. The crossbreed plastered a soft, sweet smile.

 

“Hello, my love.” he whispered softly enough for her to hear. It was of an intimate tone - sending chills through her spine as if his introduction meant a thousand “I missed you,” through it.

 

She froze, but the moments later, she threw the shaft alongside and pulled him into her embrace even while their position was awkward- she was hovering on top of him.

 

In that moments, he cherished most of them. They were lost with each other’s touch, and didn’t even want to let go of each other. It’s as if they were glued into each other’s arms.

 

Chang Wook slowly leaned over and nuzzled his nose against her neck as he sniffed her blossom scent against her neck near her ear. He missed every bits of her. 

 

While Ji Hyun was busy planting her mild pecks on his neck, fulfilling the desires she had been keeping ever since that 4 year rest he took.

 

He was badly injured because of her.

 

Yes, it was all because of her.

 

She was guilty about it, but he told her not to be. It would only take some time until he’s fully healed. Back then, his ribs were broken, he was limping because of his broken bones and Ji Hyun could barely see his face but now he’s all well - judging on how he perfectly moves her into his arms.


A pack of wolves were after them. Well, just her. She made a huge mistake picking a fight with one of them. Chang Wook wasn’t purely involved because he made sure to calm the younger wolf since she couldn’t take a joke.

 

One of the whelp was having a little romantic interest with Chang Wook, and Ji Hyun is a woman who can’t get away with jealousy. In her case, though she wouldn’t mind if you appreciate his boyfriend in a mere distance, but this time, the whelp tried to hump on his boyfriend.

 

A vampire, being humped on by a wolf?

 

Wolves can turn into human whenever they want and they can return to their natural being from time to time just like vampires sometimes disguise as a human. The only difference they make is that wolves are very detailed when it comes to their sense of smelling.

 

It was impossible on plain sight that even she couldn’t believe it. Chang Wook tried his best not to be humped on, though. It was like a comedy for him but his woman was the problem. Yes, his woman. His woman tried to pick a fight and now, pack of wolves were after her.

 

It wasn’t until her panic and the beating of her heart made a little mix of her human radar. And unfortunately, not just a pack of wolves were after them now - they were 6 family of wolves to be precise.

 

“Oh f-uck!” while dashing along with her boyfriend, she didn’t notice a branch of tree slashed her skin. A pool of blood came flying around the area because of her speed and now they are being chased angrily. They are now hungry for human blood. 

 

“Ji Hyun!” now the wolves were jumping. A jump from all of the wolves would probably cause her to die because of broken bones and probably her skull will look like a raisin after this fall. She couldn’t get away - but the way Chang Wook called her name, he covered her with his arms, abling him to protect her.

 

She was expecting the worse as soon as she had her eyes closed. The wolves were now in guilt as soon as they see their friend covered in blood, with his body dislocated, like his bones were disconnected with each other. “Wook!” he screamed, loud enough for everyone in the forest to hear.

 

All of the wolves were crying, all of them calling the oldest, or who they claim as their leader. 

 

It took some time until one of the wolves came rushing to the place, immediately transforming as a human as he comes to the scene. He had his bulk figure but his hair was a bit off. They were long and they looked like they haven’t been cut nor washed for days. 

 

His name is Chi Gu — Chang Wook gave him that name ever since they became friends (Chingu = Chi Gu). He was his first wolf friend whom he trusted and can rely on to. It has been more than 30 years since they have became friends and Chi Gu looked a lot more older, and definitely thinks a lot older than him. It didn’t take time until Chi Gu placed Chang Wook on his back; hoping he would heal him even before his Mother finds out or she might fall into another deep depression.

 

The rest was history - Ji Hyun lived her full 4 years living in grief, she tried to sleep it off but the longest she could was 6 months. She was trying to wake up from time to time to check on Chang Wook but to no avail, he was still healing.

The maids weren’t surprised about his wake since they were taking care of him since then. Even though the gauze nor any other formulas can’t heal him, they tried to clean them up. One of their family doctors— Mi Young also tried to inject formulas that can help speed up his healing. It was working, fortunately.


Now that he’s right here in her arms, she couldn’t describe how happy she was, and how she’s currently thanking all of the Gods from the heaven - even her parents who must’ve been watching from above from saving him big time because on the second note, she thought he was going to die.

 

“Are you going to piss the wolves again?”

 

“If they try to hit on you again, I will. But for the record, I don’t want to miss you for another series of years.” her remarks were stern, as if she was warning the hell out of him not to entertain any other women besides her. That only made him laugh because Chang Wook always loved that side of her: clingy and territorial.

 

“I told you, I only crave for human blood and that’s yours.”

 

“Excuse me? I’m a pure vampire and I can’t let you crave for human blood when your girlfriend is a vampire.”

 

“Oh really? Why did the wolves catch your scent, though?”

 

“They did not!”

 

“Get off me before I a blood on your neck, human.”

 

“I am not a human!” her squeaky shout made him burst out into laughter. 


After a fruitful hours of catching up, and chatting about what happened when he was gone, Chang Wook dropped Ji Hyun home, and because of reasons she doesn’t even know, he isn’t welcome in their property. It’s been thousands of weeks of courting even before he fell into an accident, but her mother still says no.

 

“I guess you have enter my room through the window like you used to.” she smiled, guilty enough to even let Chang Wook sneak up to her room. He’s her boyfriend but even entering through their main entrance is still a problem.

 

“I like it better than being levitated from the surface, not having enough air to breathe.” 

 

Even before he could get to the back entrance through their underground, her mother opened the main door to their surprise.

 

“Welcome home, Ji Hyun.” she paused, and looked at Chang Wook not with eyes of fury; but worry.

“How have you been, Wook?” it was her first time calling out her granddaughter’s boyfriend like that informally. Even Ji Hyun was astounded by how her grandmother is acting, but she just wriggled it off as she stood beside her; whispering.

 

“Have you thought about accepting him?”

 

“No, but we three have something to talk about.” her eyes were fixated at his figure, and slowly, her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Please don’t look at me like that”

 

“I-I’m sorry. Let’s go.” 

 

The living room was empty but the baroque couch, lit furnace, antique chandelier, and the unfamiliar warmth of air tickling their cold skin.

 

“You and Ji Hyun needs to go. His grandfather hired men to build up a small house in Washington. You should be safe there.”

 

“What?”

“What?!”

 

Both exclaimed, but of different expression; one was shocked, and one was shocked in happiness. 

 

“Are you giving us your blessings?” Chang Wook smiled, even stood up to attempt in wrapping his arms around the elder, but stopped him as soon as he can get any closer by lifting her hand up casually.

 

“No, and no.”


Silence was created through the corridor, for they were clueless. If anything, Chang Wook is imagining that her girlfriend’s grandmother has joined a cult where they send off their child to a safest place.

 

But her grandmother can read his mind, and furrowed her brows into the young one. “If you’re thinking about that cringey cults - no. I don’t do that even in my younger days.” she rolled her eyes, avoiding to get shaken by what’s currently happening.

 

“I need you to live together.”

 

It took them a moment to even exclaimed in complain and raised their brows. Perhaps, they’re still young to even live together, right?


“I know you can protect her, Chang Wook. You already proved you can.”

 

“What’s happening, grandma?”

 

“Your parents made a very wrong decision.”

 

Her grandmother knew she was searching more because of how she looked at her, and there she dropped the bomb.

 

“They’re still alive.”

 

Struck, Ji Hyun could only look at her grandmother with eyes crystal like because of the tears, she couldn’t move. She only had her fist curled into a ball, tightened as she even forgot how to breathe.

 

“They’ve become notorious. As if you don’t even know them anymore.” her chest is now filled, she doesn’t even know if it’s the feeling of being betrayed, or the feeling of being locked. Even before her grandmother spoke, she can hear her speaking right through her mind.

 

“That’s why I locked you up here after your mission to the city, afraid that Chang Wook is only wooing you because he’s one of them-”

 

Even before she could continue, her speed was enough to get her out of the suffocating room. She couldn’t take it - she had suffered all throughout these years missing the presence of her parents, believing they were dead because of their incapabilities of being pure(which, now is untrue) and believing all sorts of lies. Her boyfriend didn’t even bother to chase after her, he senses it when she needs her lone time.


“I think I know what you’re implying. She’s gonna be dragged down to the limbo, right? Be one of her parents’ successor?”

 

“How’d you-”

 

“Chi Gu told me a story. The one who got dragged in that world became the most notorious in our world.”

 

“But Ji Hyun - my granddaughter…. She’s different”

 

“How is she different in any of us?”

 

“She’s a vegetarian, and she’s not supposed to be a vegetarian. Once she continues to eat animals and fail to eat one of the human’s blood, her blood will dry out and eventually she’ll become full human. Regardless of her age.” he was pacing in and out, hand on his hips, attached to his deep train of thought. If she turns human, he wouldn’t be able to control himself.

 

He’s a vampire after all, and all vampires crave human blood.

 

“She’s safer with you. You’re a crossbreed - and crossbreeds couldn’t take the smell of human’s blood even though they’re deeply craving. 

 

But me, no. I can’t.” Just like that, Mrs. Jung snapped. From the first time, her granddaughter’s boyfriend witnessed him crying. She was not supposed to be attached to her granddaughter, but it happened now. 

 

“And if that happens, Ji Hyun will be dragged to the limbo - away from you, away from me, away from this safest place in the world. She’s on talk on being the next successor. Once they know about her expiration, they will kill her mercilessly.”

 

Horror.

 

That’s the only thing that you can see in Wook’s eyes. He couldn’t move, he couldn’t breathe.

 

He couldn’t stand seeing Ji Hyun in a merciless state without him doing anything to stop it.

 

“I’ll live with her..." he paused, breathing in a heavy breath before heaving it out.

 

"Again."


 

A/N: This can't do in 2 chapters, I've decided to write more to improve on my writing skills. I'm killing two birds in one stone so if there's any errors you wish to correct, I'm very open in accepting them. They're for me to improve anyways. 

+This will be a lot complex since both of them are technically crossbreeds, I'll explain in the next chapter though.

++I saw the issues in twitter. Let's patch this up like mature people and not let this get in the way of the fun in shipping. Please be responsible for your actions and let's apologize to each other regardless of who started the issue. Lots of love,  Jiji shippers.