Five

Falling Around You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can we talk?” Seulgi had entered Wendy’s room

“Red Velvet just went unto their separate ways and now the Kang Seulgi doesn’t know how to knock?” Wendy sat up from the bed and placed her phone aside—a sign that she is willing to listen to whatever Seulgi has to say “Just where are her manners?”

Seulgi rolled her eyes “Red Velvet just went their separate ways and the Son Seungwan had forgotten that she and I used to share this room” she retorted “How forgetful”

Then Wendy laughed “What do you want to talk about, Seul?”

“What you did back there—“

“I see where this is going” She sighed “To tell you, I did nothing wrong. I just told Irene to stay out because it is none of her business.  I’m hooking up with other people... so what?”

“The way you handled it was the problem. Joohyun Unnie is very sensitive the past days. She just woke up from a coma and is currently suffering of amnesia. You could have been more careful with your choice of words, Seungwan” Seulgi sat down beside her same aged friend “The one you have been hurting is your Joohyun”

Wendy shook her head lightly “She’s not my Joohyun anymore. I lost her back then”

“Seungwan, I wish you could see how she looks at you” Seulgi went for a long pause before proceeding “I wish you could have seen how she reacted to what you did awhile ago. Believe me or not but I saw Red Velvet’s Bae Joohyun again. I saw the woman whom you once loved”

Wendy stood up “Once loved” she emphasized “--- well, I’m heading out--”

“Do you really not love her anymore?” Seulgi dared to question Wendy. Wendy then stopped herself from walking out as soon as Seulgi’s words had sunk in “I don’t know if you’re going to answer me with the truth or escape this one with a lie. Or you’d probably not respond with anything at all”

And Seulgi was right. It seemed like Son Seungwan isn’t going to answer her question

Wendy heard Seulgi sigh “You are my bestfriend, Seungwan. I know you have been through a lot but you are better than this. And remember when I asked you that what if we’d be given the chance to make Red Velvet whole again and you said that you would immediately grab that chance. This is the moment that you have been waiting for, Wendy. We’ve seen Sooyoung and Joohyun Unnie leave... and I don’t want to see it again. We ed up the first time around and I don’t want it happening again”

After what Seulgi said, all Wendy could ask of was “.... Did you really see her? Our Joohyun? My Joohyun?”

“You mean the Joohyun that looks at you with stars in her eyes? --- because if you are referring to that Joohyun then Yes” Seulgi wasn’t lying. Some people may perceive her as the slow one and probably the least that could catch up on the current happenings but Seulgi is quite an observant. She saw how Joohyun’s eyes would light up when Seungwan is around and she saw how broken Wendy still is

And Seulgi would say that Seungwan is still ing affected because of one sure thing: Son Seungwan still loves Bae Joohyun

 

      “Okay! that is enough” Jessica snatched the glass of alcoholic drink from Wendy “And you, Taeyeon, get your up and drive Wendy back to their dorm”

“Ugh” Taeyeon groaned “Why do I have to do that?”

Jessica glared at her fiancé “Because you are the one who brought her here and had her drowning with liquor” And Taeyeon couldn’t disagree to that “More than a decade in show business and you are still an idiot, Tae. Out of all the things that you could have done to comfort Wendy... you chose to drown her with soju”

“Like you can think of something better” Taeyeon was now challenging her partner

“Drive her home now or you are sleeping outside” Jessica then sent another glare

Taeyeon immediately walked up to Wendy’s side. And before leaving to drive Wendy back to their dorm, Taeyeon stopped her tracks and turned to Jessica “Babe? Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter