She's Dreaming

Between Two Hearts

Krystal’s Point of View

I can’t believe it’s only been three months since the day I felt my life feel complete. Can you tell? Do you see how happy you make me? I smile every time I think about you. I love waking up your face, even though you may drool sometimes. I find you to be the cutest when you’re sleeping. I know I shouldn’t be thinking about that while I’m in school, but those thoughts just creep their way into my mind without my permission. Ever since that faithful day all I want to do is to be by her side now. It doesn’t matter what we do the only thing I need is her.

 “Miss Jung care to rejoin the class this fine afternoon?” I almost fell out of my chair at the shrill of his voice. I can hear the brief laugher of a few kids at the back of the classroom, great I thought. “I… I’m sorry about that Mr. Yoon, it wouldn’t happen again.” He scoffs while giving me an unimpressed look. Truth be told I’m not surprised by his reaction, this isn’t the first time he’s caught me daydreaming.  

“You should know better that that Miss Jung. I’d really hate to have to see your face next year. And with your grades, I wouldn’t be astonished if that actually occurred.” I literally have to hold my tongue down with my teeth, so I wouldn’t say anything I may regret later on.

Instead I just nodded and stared into my book. My grades weren’t the best and I wasn’t a genius either, but I was nowhere near failing.  Maybe if I had a teacher that didn’t bore me to death, then I wouldn’t be drifting off like I do. Plus, I feel like Mr. Yoon has something against me. Even since classes had started he’s gone out of his way to make me feel as if I wasn’t one of his brightest students.

If it wasn’t for my sister, then I probably would have given up. She’s always so supportive in whatever I wanted to do. I didn’t want her to see me as a failure. Not to mention what my father would say. He was very strict when it comes to school. I feel as if he could, he’d control every aspect of my life.

That’s why I’m so lucky to have such an amazingly strong sister. She shields me from any harm that might come my way. With Jessie by my side there’s nothing that I fear. I can’t stop the small smile that starts to adorn my face. I look up at the clock and let out a quiet sigh. Only thirty minutes till I can go home, home to her.

I was a little disappointed when I got home. I didn’t see her car in the driveway, so she must be working overtime again because she’s usually home by the time I get off from school. I know she’ll be exhausted when she gets home, so I think I’ll make her favorite dish...cucumbers. I had to chuckle at myself for that thought. She’d kill me if I went anywhere near her with that vegetable. I’ll make something simple yet appetizing for her.

Stir-fry vegetables on top of steamed rice with a side of barbecue pork ribs. I’m sure she’ll love it, she loves anything I make. Ah there I’m done, and it only took little over an hour, now all I have to do is wait. I was in the middle of cleaning the dishes when I heard footsteps coming to the door and the doorknob start to jingle.

“Jessie you’re hom...” My words were cut short by the one person I loathed most in the world, my father. We didn’t have a loving relationship as a father and daughter should have. It was more of an, I refuse to acknowledge your existence type of relationship. The feeling coming more so from my father. “Well hellooo to you, you failure.” He said with smile. I could smell that he was drunk. He always is when he comes home. I was so scared of him that I could only stop and stare at him.

“What’s wrong not happy to see your old man? If you were of any importance I might be rather upset.” I said nothing as he creeps closer to me. “I’m talking to you girl his voice boomed through my ears.” My instincts told me to run but my feet wouldn’t move for the life of me. “Hey!” He yelled as he grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. I could feel my eyes start to sting as I saw him raise his hand.

Thoughts of regret raced through my mind. it’s times like this that I wished I was never born. But just as soon as they appeared I would automatically think of her. She always brings me peace in this hell I’m living through. I closed my eyes and prayed it would be over soon.

What felt like hours were in fact only seconds and I felt nothing. No familiar sting nor the usual bombardment of curses, that he wished I was dead. I started to doubt my sanity for a moment. Have I become so used to the pain, that I’ve become so numb to his hate? When I still felt nothing I timidly opened my eyes and that’s when I saw my her. My savior.

“Jessie your home”, I tried to say but with his hand was so tight around my collar, that it came out more like a croak. She had stopped his assault midair. “If you don’t let go of my sister this instant, I promise you it’ll the last mistake that you make,” she yelled.

He ultimately let go but she kept his other hand held tight in her grip. It wasn’t long before dad became less tense and she let go of his hand. They were standing face to face with each other. This was the most intense I’ve ever seen her look. I dared not make a sound.

It’s always so exciting to see her establish her dominance. You wouldn’t guess she has that side to her just by looking at her, but it shows wherever she’s defending me. I heard my dad let out a sigh. “Whatever I’m going to bed.” He turned to go to his bedroom, all the while he said nothing to me.

As soon as he was gone tears started to trickle down my face. I felt as if I was about to faint. I’m sure I would have if it had not been for a pair of strong arms holding me safe in their hold. There was surely no other place I wanted to be at than in her embrace.

 

Next Chapter we’ll have Jessica’s Point of View with cuteness ^^