I'm The Lucky One

Between Two Hearts

 

Jessica’s Point of view

I feel terrible for getting home so late.  Things today didn’t go as I had planned and I had work that I had to finish. On top of that traffic was horrible plus I had to put the final additions to Krystal’s gift. I wanted her to have something special since it’s our three-month anniversary. I know she’d try to do something special for me. She’s always doing meaningful things for me like cooking me breakfast and dinner. Sometimes if I’ve had a grueling day at work, she’ll give me little massages to help ease away all the stress and pain the day caused. I especially love how she wakes me up in the morning with a sweet kiss.

It’s the perfect way to start your morning. She’s my precious pearl that I wish I could kiss and hold her all day. Every instinct in me wants to protect her from any harm, but looking down at the crying girl in my arms, I feel as if I’ve failed. It kills me to see how this monster makes her cry so badly. She doesn’t deserve any of it. Oh, what can I do to comfort her now? Think Jessica think.

“Krystal, are you okay?” I asked while gently her hair. She has her face buried in my chest to muffle her cries. I know how much she hates to cry in front of others, but I need to see how my beautiful angel is doing. “Princess, will look at me, please?” All I could make out was heard was a faint unnie. I can tell she’s still not over what just happened because she only calls me unnie when she needs something or she’s scared.

“Let’s go back to my room so I can take care of you," I said while lifting her chin to look at me. I’m instantly swept away in an ocean of big beautiful brown eyes. Though they were filled with sadness I still felt my heart skip a beat or two. It took all my willpower not to lay a small kiss on her lips, but this wasn’t the time nor place for that. I held her tightly as we made our way to my room. Once we reach my bed I lay her gently on my bed. I make sure to lock the door behind us. This was our time together and I don’t want anything or anyone interrupting us.

“Krystal are you feeling any better now”, I asked softly. “I… I’m fine unnie, really I am.” I see she’s trying her best to put up a brave front but I’m not buying that. That might work with others, but not with me, I know her too well. “Somehow I don’t believe you princess.” I could tell there was more to what she was feeling than what she was letting on. It was in her voice, her eyes and even in her body posture.

She’s clinging so tightly to me that I think she’s afraid that I might walk away from her. I would never do that to her. I looked at her and that’s when she breaks down again crying. The only thing I thought I could do to comfort her was to hold her and let her know that in my arms she’s safe and loved. It took about five minutes for her to quiet down. “Unnie why does he hate me so much,” she said as she looked me straight in the eyes.

I was a little taken aback by the question, but I knew I had to at least try to answer her. I so desperately want to tell her the truth, but I know her, and I know it will might hurt her more than help. The last thing she needs is to feel guilty for something she couldn’t help. In the end I chose to tell the truth that wouldn’t hurt her as much.

“He doesn’t hate you princess. He just losses sight of that when he’s drunk. But make no mistake my love, there’s no excuse for his behavior. I’ll go talk to him and make sure he knows what he’s doing is wrong, okay love?” She looked at me and gave a little nod. She looked so defected that I made up my mind that it was time. I had to get her out of this hell, but first I had to make her smile. Desperate times call for desperate measures…

“Ahem princess do you know what today is?” I say in my best aeygo filled voice. I love it whenever I can make her smile as wide as she’s smiling now. “Do you know how beautiful you look when you smile?”  Once again, I find myself getting lost in those big brown eyes of hers. She shys away from me before she speaks. “Unnie you’re making me blush with all you sweet talk.”

It took a couple of seconds before she gains enough courage to face me again.  “To answer your question, of course I know what today is. It’s been three months since you’ve made me fall deeper in love with you.” My heart is racing now and I’m glad she’s the reason behind it. “I have a gift for you, but you have to close your eyes for me.” “You’re not going to try to steal a kiss from me, are you unnie?” A sly smirk graces her face. I let out a small chuckle. “How could I steal your kisses when you give them to me so freely?”

Her cheeks went from a pale color to a bright rosy tint. “So, will you close them for me?” Gently she nods her head and closes her eyes. I quickly go into my bag for her gift and placed it on her lap. “You can open them now.” She picks up the gift and starts to inspect it. I’ve never been more nervous in my life. My thoughts were all over the place. Would she like it, would she hate it, or would she find it too cheesy and laugh in my face.  

“Oh, unnie this booklet is beautiful. Is it a diary?” She slowly starts to open it. “No, actually it’s a book of poems that I wrote. I put rose petals in between the pages so you would know where each new poem beings.” I tried to say but my voice faltered, revealing how nervous I was. She only smiled at my little blunder. “I never knew you wrote poetry unnie when did you start?”

That’s a good question. To be honest I’m still lacking in the poetry department but there are times were my tongues fails me and there’s so much left unsaid. Things that my heart yearns to tell her, but I find myself in a trance set by her. Whether it’s when we kiss or when I watch her sleeping in my arms. All of it leaves me speechless. I guess you could say she leaves me speechless.

“I started when I found my muse.” 

I felt my cheeks heat up from embarrassment. I could make a fool out of myself in front of others, but when it comes to her my feelings are amplified. Though the feeling didn’t last long as I felt her hand softly touch my cheek. She gently makes me turn to face her. Her other hand traveled downward to my waist, urging me nearer to her.

Our bodies move closer to each other. My heart starts to race as she unwaveringly stares at my lips, then back to my eyes. At the last possible moment, she closes her eyes and I felt warm soft lips on my own lips. My body tenses up like it’s our first kiss together. Maybe it’s from the way she holds me firm and strong or the soft sighs she releases, but this kiss has electrifying sensations flowing throughout my body. My hands automatically went to caress her face softly.

Her lips and mine move against one other in perfect syntheses. I feel her deepen our embrace, growing more dominate and needy. “Mmm...” My ears picked up on the faintest of moans. I swear I didn’t want to release her lips from mine, but I knew I needed to stop the kiss before things got too dangerous. I pulled away, much to her dismay, and kissed her on the forehead. “Hmm you were right you know,” she whispers to me.

My brain was still frizzled from that perfect kiss that I hadn’t a clue as to what she was referring to. My questioning look must have spoken for me because before I could say anything she spoke again. “I would freely give you my kisses whenever you wanted me to.” I smile and pull our foreheads together making sure I looked deeply in her eyes. “And I would do the same for you to, my princess.”

The minutes ticked away, but I didn’t care. I was where I wanted to be. “May I read one of your poems unnie?” I hadn’t expected her to want to read any of them so soon.  “Umm, sure you can. There’s about thirty of them, but they’re not that long nor that good I’m afraid.” “I’m sure anything you wrote is beautiful unnie.” She blesses me with another beautiful smile. I watch fidgety as she glances through the booklet at my poems.

 There’s one in particular, that I’m very anxious for her not to read. It’s the longest one. It’s not that I don’t want her to read it’s just I’m very insecure about what it says. “Hmm ... Oh this one seems to be longer than the others; may I read this one?” Fate is indeed cruel isn’t it?

“Ah yes ... well about that one… umm. It isn’t so much a poem as it is my personal thoughts and feelings towards you and our relationship.” She smiled and spoke softly to me. “If’ that’s the case then I know I must read it now.” Me and my big mouth I thought. 

Jessica’s poem

 To my beautiful love. I’m so thankful to be able to call you mine.

I know I’m not the best when it comes too expressing my feelings and for that I’m truly sorry.

I hope this poem conveys just a little of the love that I hold for you

I love you more than anything or anyone else in this world. You know, that right?

Being able to call you my lover fills me with a joy that at the mention of your name, I smile.

You’re the only one that takes away all my sadness and loneliness, but you never give it back.

My heart wasn’t prepared, nor did it have any defense against you when you showered me with your love.

You have no idea how thankful I am to you for that

How you were able to do that puzzles, yet amuses me at the same time.

Did you know that when we cuddle together at night that I’m in absolute heaven?

I’m falling in love with the way your hands always manage to find me in the dark, even in your sleep.

I also love it when you “accidentally” miss my waist and end up at another destination.

I bet you didn’t think I noticed, but I do and trust me, I didn’t mind at all.

I know that things won’t be perfect, and we’ll argue, but I promise you I won’t let anything come in between our love.

I also know that because we’re both women and sisters people will hate us, but I’ll shield you from all their hate if it means you’re safe.

Love is given to all of us to know it without exception

I intend to know this and only this love for the rest of my life.

You have my undying love as my promise to you. 

 

I hate it whenever I can’t tell what she’s thinking. She has this unreadable expression when she finished reading the poem. Oh god does she hate it that much? I started to worry that maybe it wasn’t a clever idea to let her read that after all. “Are these words your true feelings for me unnie?” I feel nervousness creep into my being once more.

“Yes, they are, but I don’t want you to feel burdened by them. It was never my intention to make you feel that way.” She places the booklet down on the bed and gives a slight sigh. Oh boy that’s can’t be good… “Just when I think I can’t love you anymore than I do, you go and prove me wrong again. You say you’re amazed by me and all that I do, but truth be told, I learned it all from you.”

I swear this girl makes my heart do cartwheels every time she speaks. Sometimes I wonder if she’s the age she says she is. I couldn’t contain the happiness I felt for her so, I lean in to kiss her. But before I had a chance to complete the task an unholy sound stops me. The sound of my stomach growling.

“Unnie! When was the last time you’ve had anything to eat?” “Let’s see this morning when you made me breakfast.” “Unnie! You must take of yourself! What would I do without you?” I dared not think of such a situation. That breaks my heart even thinking about not being able to be by her side. “I don’t know but I don’t want that to be a possibility.” She my face softly and offers a semi smile. “I don’t want that either unnie, so let me take care of you now. I’ll go get the dinner I cooked, and we’ll have dinner in bed.”

“Okay, but let me know if you need any help okay?” She nods and heads to door, but stops. I was going to question her, but she heads back towards me. “Before I go there’s one thing I’d like to do.” Before I knew it, her lips were on mine again and our lips started their dance once more.

Unlike the ious one this time it was more sensual and slow. I couldn’t help, but moan into the kiss and that’s when she pulled away. “I won’t take long,” she said and walked out the door. I wonder what she made for me? Hopefully nothing to do with cucumbers.

It didn’t take long for her to return with our food and I’m so glad it didn’t because I was about to starve. “What are we having for dinner tonight princess.” “I made something new for you to try unnie. Stir-fry on-top of rice and barbecue pork ribs.” “Wow it all looks delicious. I hope this wasn’t too much trouble for you to prepare.” “As long as I make something yummy for you it won’t be any trouble at all. I just hope you enjoy it.”

“Let’s dig in, shall we?” I had no idea how hungry I was because before I knew it my plate was empty. “Wow that was the best meal I’ve had all day. Where did you learn to cook like that?” ‘Well, with your poor eating habits I had to learn or else I’d be an only child”, she said while laughing. “Ya! I didn’t ask for a sassy answer, even if it is true.” While she was laughing her head off, I thought about all the ways I could get my revenge on her.

“You know that really hurt my feelings. I know I’m not the best when it comes to cooking, but you don’t have to point it out.” I hanged my head low for an extra effect. “No unnie don’t think like that, I was only kidding. Please don’t be sad,” she pouted. Ha, she fell for it. Now’s my chance. I tackle her on the bed. “My little plan worked. I have you right where I want you.” I looked up expecting to see a shocked face, but that’s far from what I found. She instead had a small smirk adoring her face. It’s like she knew what I was thinking.

“Are you sure it’s you that has me where you want me? Or is I, that has you where I want you?” Just how does she know my thoughts so well? I was about to question her, but I got a sudden surprise instead. I felt two hands give my hips a firm squeeze. “Krys!?!” I tried to say as I struggled to get up from her grasp, but she’s strong for a person her size. After a while of her not letting me go I finally gave up. I laid there fully on top of her, not that she was complaining about it. She still had that same smirk plastered on her face and her hands on my hips.

“Krystal, I don’t think we should...” “Shh... It’s okay unnie we aren’t going to do anything risky. I just want to hold my lover in my arms and do my best to make her feel protected.” I love it when she calls me that, and I must admit this was the best way to end a long day of work. “You know you really have a way with words. If you weren’t already mine, then I think I may be jealous if you told anyone else that.”

“Trust me, you’re the only one I’d ever want to say that too. May we lay like this for a little while unnie?” I nodded and placed my head in the crook of her neck. My own two hands wrapped themselves around her waist and pulled her closer to me. We laid there listening to each other’s breaths become increasingly fainter. It wasn’t much longer until we both fell victim to sleep. 

 

 

 

 

A/N hello too all my readers and subscribers. Please let me know what your thoughts are on the story so far especially this chapter. =] Until next time be same and enjoy the story.