Unexpected

네가 너무 좋아 (I love you so much)

Drama

Jae Eun's POV

I can hear Sunggyu's voice. He looks at me while singing a wonderful song. I can feel my heart flutter whenever he hits a high note and everytime he says the word love, I feel like my heart would just explode.

He walks towards me and grabs my hand. I looked at how our hands intertwine and it made me warm and happy to feel how warm and soft his hands are. When I look back to his face, I fell in love again. But then I realized it was Sungyoon's face that I am staring at. And the voice, it now belongs to Sungyoon. What's weird is, my feelings just got stronger. My heart beats faster now. Then when he finishes the song, he leans closer and whispers to my ears "Let me do this properly". He is too close to my face now. I closed my eyes and I woke up.

I opened my eyes in the real world as I closed mine from my dream. What the hell? Why would I dream about Sungyoon that way? And the kiss. Oh god. I need to forget about it.

I tried to go back to sleep but I can't. My heart is racing and there's no way I can sleep again. I got up, took a bath so that my mind can reflect with whatever is happening to me.

I got out and all I can think of now is how hungry I am. Oh, yeah Jaeseok. Is he awake now?

"Jae Euuuun." I opened the door before Jaeseok can start knocking.

"Good morning." I said and smiled widely.

"Good. What? Who are you? Where are you hiding Jae Eun?" Jaeseok said. He even puts his hands in his waist.

"Yah. I know it's weird for me to wake up early but don't bully me. Why not congratulate me instead." I did my puffy cheeks pout and I got the cutest reaction from Jaeseok. Damn, can he not look so handsome like this?

Jaeseok, the awkward tall nut just blushed and smiled. "Does this mean that you will cook breakfast for us?" He said.

"Hmmm. Would you want eggs for breakfast? That's the best thing I can cook. Haha. I'm not that good at cooking like my husband." I i continued my assualt of Jaeseok while I try to look cute but I was caught off guard when he covered his face and blushed like he really did find what I did as cute.

"Okay then. Just use my kitchen to cook, it's much organized than yours. I'll go and take a bath." He walks back to his apartment and I followed him. Jaeseok didn't look at me for the whole time that he was preparing to take a bath. Did that really affected him?

--
Jaeseok's POV

I got into the shower and my heart can't even calm itself. Damn it. Self. Calm down. It's too early in the morning and Jae Eun just called me husband. Again. I know it is our inside joke but damn. I can't get used to it. Especially when she calls me her husband in the cutest way possible.

It took me a few minutes to take a bath. I was putting some clothes on when I realized I forgot to get my shirt. I went out to get one and I didn't considered that Jae Eun was already in my apartment, cooking breakfast for us.

"What took you so long husba--" Jae Eun turns around and sees me shirtless and her jaw just dropped. She blinks twice, thrice, then a few more and I just stared at her.

"Uhm. I forgot to get bring my shirt with me." I said. I walked towards my closet and Jae Eun's eyes went back to whatever she is cooking. She keeps on wiping nonexistent sweat out ofnher forehead and goes fanning some air to her face with his hand.

I chuckled and felt embarassed afterwards for what happened. Ahh. Jae Eun is so cute I just want to hug her right now.

After I got dressed properly, I went and helped Jae Eun prepare the table for us to eat. We enjoyed everything she cooked.

"Wow. This is really delicious." I said.

"Thanks."

"I wish I can have you to cook breakfast for me for the rest of my life." Wait. What did I say? Did I just said that? That was so stupid.

"Ha. I'd rather have you cooking breakfast than me. If I can marry the food you cook, I will." Jae Eun said. Oh no. Did she say, marry? I got up and take a glass of water. This is too much for me. She likes someone. And that someone is not you Jaeseok. It's not you. I tried to repeat this to myself but the word marry pops up every now and then.

I went back to my seat. "Wait. Don't move." Jae Eun said. I was frozen on the spot. Jae Eun reaches out to my face and took a grain of rice near my lips. Her soft finger brushed a little with my skin and I think my face is so red right now.

"Eat slowly." Then we continued to eat silently.

After a few more minutes we went to school. Everything's fine until Myungsoo came to our classroom.

"Have you talked to him?" Myungsoo asked Jae Eun.

"Not yet. I can't meet him today, he said he's busy." Jae Eun answered. What the hell are they talking about?

"You should talk to him soon. Or just stay away from him." Myungsoo looked furious.

After Jae Eun's brother left, I asked her what happened and all I got from her is that it's nothing to worry about.

The day went by like nothing happened.

--
SUNGYOON'S POV

It's almost the end of the week now and Jae Eun can't seem to stay focus in class. Even I am distracted because of her. Whenever Jaeseok and I asks her what's the matter she would just say that it's something personal. I also find it weird that Kim Sunggyu wasn't visiting Jae Eun for the whole week now. Not even once.

"Did something happened between you and Sunggyu?" I asked.

"What? Nothing! Why would you ask that?" Jae Eun seems to be triggered by my question.

"It's just. He never visits you anymore." I tried to say it in a non-offensive way but Jae Eun just glared at me. She really looks pissed about everything.

Jae Eun left Jaeseok and I and said that she would go to the rooftop as she needed to do something.

"Soo Yeon." I called Jae Eun's girl bestfriend quickly.

"What is it now?" she said.

"Hey. I'm just going to ask something."

"What?" Soo Yeon looked at me. "If this is about Sunggyu all I know is that he might be dating Jae Eun to get revenge with Myungsoo.

"What?" Jaeseok and I said at the same time.

"Yeah. I'm not supposed to say this but if Jae Eun would really talk to Sunggyu now, at least we need to be prepared if that guy hurts Jae Eun's feelings." Soo Yeon's face shifts from serious to worried as she thinks of Jae Eun's feelings.

The three of us went silent, clearly not knowing what we should do.

--
Jae Eun's POV

"Sunggyu." I said. Damn this is awkward. How do I ask him if he just wants to date me to take revenge? How?

"Okay okay. You don't have to give me anything for my birthday. Just act normal." Sunggyu said.

"Birthday?" What birthday? Is it his birthday today?

"Yeah. Oh. Maybe you don't know. It's my birthday tomorrow." He said.

"Oh. I haven't prepared something." Now I can't really ask him about what Myungsoo said.

"It's okay." Sunggyu smiled and his eyes disappear once again.

Sunggyu tried to invite me to his birthday celebration but when he said that he would spend the whole day with his parents I declined his offer. I don't want to interrupt their family time.

I went home thinking how and when I can ask him about what Myungsoo said but then I realized I should buy and give some gift.

"Okay. I'll buy him a gift later, after class. Then a few days after his birthday I can ask him about that problem. Okay. That's a good idea." I said to myself.

"What's a good idea?" Sungyoon said. He puts his arm around me.

"Yah. You are so heavy." I pushed his arm away. "Nothing. Help me buy a something later." I added.

"Okay?" Sungyoon said. We went back to our classroom and I waited until finally the class was over.

--
As we went to look for gifts, I can't help but feel anxious. Sungyoon went home immediately because he was asked by her parents to bring something home so Jaeseok said he would be the one to accompany me for my gift buying.

"How about this?" Jaeseok said while showing me some nice stuff to give.

"I don't know. I have no idea what to give him. I barely know him." I said.

"How about some earphones maybe?" Jaeseok added.

"Maybe that's okay." Then I looked for the earphones for sale. I can't choose anything.

Then I received a text from Myungsoo.

"Have you asked him already?" he said.

"Not yet." I replied.

"My roommate texted me saying he saw him and her ex-girlfriend at the playground near the school. I don't know why he would meet with her." Myungsoo texted.

I ran out of the store. I didn't care anymore if i left my things there, Jaeseok was there. I just need to see it with my eyes. I can't believe this. If Sunggyu really just used me to get back to that girl I would practically kill myself afterwards.

"Yah! Jae Eun! Where are you going?" Jaeseok stumbles as he tried to get out things and run after me.


The playground is close to the store so I got there after a few minutes. And there they are. In the exact place where he asked me to date him. That exact place where I thought he felt the same way as I do. There they are, kissing each other like I didn't even exist.

"Jae Eun why-" Jaeseok stopped talking ang grabbed my hand. He pulled me into a hug and I can't even cry. I feel so numb that my tears won't even come out.

"Let's go." Jaeseok said. I let him drag me. I tried walking but then I just lose all the strength in my legs. I fell down and I can't stand up anymore.

"Jae eun!" Jaeseok looked at me as soon as I fell to the ground.

"I can't. I don't want to walk. Jaeseok I can't." That's when I started crying.

"Come here." He turned away from me, his back facing me. "If you can't walk, I might as well carry you home." He said.

I didn't have any choice. We walk home, well Jaeseok actually, him carrying me on his back. All I did was to cry and cry that I think I ruined his shirt already. His broad shoulers made me feel comfortable to let out all the pain I was feeling.

--



Jaeseok's POV

When we got to home, I brought Jae Eun to my apartment. I was too scared to leave her alone in her state. Jae Eun is crying so hard that I have no idea what to say.

"Why did I believe that there will be someone who likes me?
I am nobody. I am nothing." Jae Eun said as soon as she sits on my bed.

No. Jae Eun I like you. Why would you say that.

"I'm such an idiot." Jae Eun said.

Please don't say that. I am the one who's stupid. An idiot who can't confess his love for you.

"I never should have believed him." Jae Eun started hitting her head. I took her hands immediately.

"Stop that." I said. Jae Eun stared at me. Her eyes were still full of tears but I can see some hope in them.

"Don't say that no one likes you." I said. Slowly bringing down her hands when I felt that she stopped resisting.

"I like you." Did I really said that?

We stared at each other like we were frozen at that moment.