FAMILY

Journey of Life

Three hours later in Osakayama, Osaka Prefecture, they finally reach their home sweet home… their mother, Mrs. Minamoto waves her hand towards her children. Yukiko carries her stuff along with her and the kitten, too. Her younger brother, Hyun helps his sister carries her stuff while then their father, Mr. Minamoto parks the car inside the garage. Yukiko stands in front of her mother and gives the kitten to her mother.

Oh my goodness… a kitten,” said Mrs. Minamoto. “Where did you found it, Yukichi?”

Yukiko just smiled, and said, “SECRET…

“Looks like we have new member of the family. What should I name this kitten?” asked Mrs. Minamoto, smiling—hugging the kitten.

“The kitten is a female,” said Yukiko, “Why don’t we name the kitten, Girin. Genevieve, Germaine, and Girin!”

“WOAHHHH!!!! Brilliant! Brilliant, Yuki-neechan!!!” praised Hyun, agreed with the name that Yukiko gave. He even jumped for that, “Girin! Girin! Girin!”

The presence of Girin brings more happiness inside this family; Hyun smiles a lot since Girin comes to the family. At that night, Yukiko enters Hyun’s room as she feels something that Hyun wants to tell her over the phone last week. As she enters her brother’s room… she sits on his bed, patting Girin’s head that sleeps on the bed.

“So tell me, what’s that really important, Hyunnie?” asked Yukiko. “Your voice very different from usual while on the phone. I can sense something wrong, is there something bothering you, Hyunnie?”

Hyun replied, “That’s true, Yuki-neechan, something is really bothering me and I don’t know how to respond to it.”

Hyun is turning his laptop’s screen, showing Yukiko something that on his laptop screen. She also reads all the messages.

“Who is the sender, Hyunnie?” asked Yukiko, her face looked tenser than before. “Show me the sender’s profile together with the name.”

Hyun does what Yukiko is telling him to do; once Hyun shows every detail about the sender, even his profile picture—Yukiko isn't satisfied with the result, she even asking Hyun to show more about his album pictures, everything that relates to him.

Kim Taehyung…, thought Yukiko. It really bothers Hyun very much, and if that bothers my little brother, it really bothers me, too.

“I can feel something about him, Yuki-neechan. Something that cannot be described,” said Hyun.

“Do you have any idea where he comes from, Hyun?” asked Yukiko. “Maybe we can do something about it, Hyun.”

Hyun’s face turns down, he is looking at the floor—he says something that startles Yukiko, “…maybe he and me…” Before he can finish his sentence, Yukiko gets up and slaps Hyun’s right cheek.

“What are you thinking, Hyun?! How could you think yourself that way,” said Yukiko, her voice is tense than before. She looked scarier this moment, “I will never let you think of yourself that way! You are my younger brother, forever—nobody can set us apart! Only God can do that, but not anybody!”

Hyun looks down, recall back what his sister has said before—it was five years before. He even gets a slap before on the same side…

~~***~~

“We are your family, forever family! How could you think that way about us?! Mother and father love you more than me if you want to know that! Everything in the house right now, especially the toys, are all yours!” cried Yukiko, her real feeling burst out drastically, feeling so frustrated towards Hyun. “You should be thanked them. Even though they love you more, I never think badly of you. I still want you to be part of this family, Hyun. Everything is mine is yours. Just don’t forget about that… we all love you… we all love you…”

Hyun looked at Yukiko’s tears, it flows continuously as it shows the real feeling of Yukiko towards him. Yukiko hugged him and cried. He felt the warmest hug from Yukiko as a family.

~~***~~

Yukiko’s tears begin to flow once again; she wipes it and gets out from Hyun’s room. Hyun feels miserable for bringing up the past. He can hear Yukiko’s door close. He just looks at Girin, and Girin also looks at him and meowing. For the first time ever, he disappointing his sister.

In Yukiko’s room… she hugs her bolster, the tears didn’t stop flowing down. At that time, Yukiko feels very pain in her chest. She holds her chest; she opens the drawer next to her bed… she directly eats the medicine once she grabs the bottle of the medicine. After she eats the medicine, she feels relieved, covers her eyes with her left hand.

“Maybe I put too much of pressure,” whispered Yukiko, sighed.

She falls asleep after taking the medicine—on the next day… in the dining room, all of them was there except Yukiko. She still asleep.

“Can you wake her up, Hyun?” asked the mother, smiling at Hyun as she is preparing the morning breakfast for her family. “She never wakes up this late although she is tiring.”

Hyun feels guilty about what he has said last night; however, he still gets up from his seat and enters Yukiko’s room. Yukiko’s room never close, Hyun is entering the room and wake his sister up.

Yuki-neechan, wake up. Yuki-neechan!” said Hyun, trying his hard to wake his sister up from sleep.

“Just let me sleep more—I just need more sleep,” replied Yukiko, covered her face with her bolster. “Just have your breakfast first, I will come later.”

Hyun sighs, and then, he notices a small bottle of medicine—he recognize the bottle… Hyun picks the bottle and shakes it.

“Thank God…” mumbled Hyun, throwback his worries.

He keeps the bottle of medicine inside the drawer, then, he returns to the dining-room, and joins his parent.

“I think just let she sleep more, mother,” said Hyun, his voice quite reasonable and gentler this time. “She needs it.”

"In that case, I just have to reserve for her, then. If she awakes, they can have one before lunchtime,” replied Mrs. Minamoto, reserves Yukiko’s breakfast on a plate, and keeps aside.

One hour later, Yukiko gets off from her bed and rethink back on what his brother said last night. Mrs. Minamoto knocks the door before enters the room.

“Are you alright?asked Mrs. Minamoto.

Yukiko nods, and answered, “Yes mother. I'm a bit tired…”

Mrs. Minamoto sits on her bed, put her hand on Yukiko’s forehead… and she smiles. Yukiko stares at her mother’s face, wondering of her smile.

“Hyun saw your bottle of medicine on the floor an hour ago. He looks very worried about you, Yuki,” continued Mrs. Minamoto.

I just had that heart pain last night, that’s all, thought Yukiko.

“Your breakfast on the dining table… just enjoy yourself if you’re done,” said Mrs. Minamoto, patted Yukiko’s hand, and smiling again. “Come.”

“Okay,” replied Yukiko.

Mrs. Minamoto walks out from Yukiko’s room. Yukiko is watching outside the window, gazing the sky and thinks a lot of matters. Unexpected rings from her phone—she takes and answers it.

Hello?” answered Yukiko.

###

Hello, Yuki-chan! This is Tamako speaking,” spoke Tamako, sound very cheerful. “Do you have free time today?”

###

“Tamako?!” Yukiko startled, however, continued calmly the conversation, “Yes, I do. So, where and when are we going to meet?”

###

“If you’re ready, we can meet in front of Nippon-neyo Supermarket,” said Tamako. “I’ll wait for you there.”

###

“Okay, see you there, then,” said Yukiko, pressed the red button on her phone. She gets off from her bed and takes shower. Once everything was done, Yukiko grabs her small bag-pack and having her breakfast by her own self before meeting Tamako in front of Nippon-neyo Supermarket.

On the dining table… her father is reading the newspapers. Hyun was nowhere to be found, same goes with her mother. She asks permission from her father before off from the house to meet a friend.

“Don’t forget to bring along your medicine, Yuki-chan, and your cell-phone, too. Just for an emergency,” reminded Mr. Minamoto.

Yes, father,” said Yukiko, grabbed her bag-pack after washed the dishes of her breakfast. “I’m leaving, father!”

“Take care, Yukiちゃん,” replied Mr. Minamoto.

***

The End of Chapter Five