THE BEGINNING OF SUMMER I

Journey of Life

Finally, summer holiday for all international school began—for Springfield (Boy) International School, most of the student returns to their own hometown to spend their lives with their family. However, for the six good looks young man, their plan was to spend their holiday time at Yukiko’s hometown, Osaka Prefecture. Meanwhile, at Seisen, Yukiko still packs her luggage before leaves the school for a summer holiday. In the Girls Dorm…

“Yuki…” called Tamako, stood next to Yukiko’s bed. The tears flowed through Tamako’s cheek. She cannot hold it anymore.

“Oo… Tamako…” Yukiko moved from her side to her and hugged her tightly. “We’ll be seeing again someday. It just the time.”

Tamako and Yukiko walk together to their parent’s car; Tamajima gets out from the car and get their daughter’s stuff. Tamako hugs Yukiko for the last time before she transfers away to another new school.

Yukiko said, “Thank you, Tamako…”

Tamako just smiles as she enters the parent’s car; the car moves as it disappears from Yukiko’s view. Then, a young man comes out from the passenger’s seat and walks towards Yukiko.

“Tamako-neesan will not return, am I right?”

“I don’t know, Hyun,” said Yukiko, to his younger brother, named Hyun.

Yukiko has a little brother, name Minamoto Hyun-Germaine, which younger two-three years than her. Yukiko looks at her brother and pats his head. Just like Yukiko, Hyun also doesn’t like people to touch his head.

“Yuki-neechan!” said Hyun, a little bit pissed off towards Yukiko.

Yukiko smiles, and put her baggage inside the car’s bumper; Hyun gazes at her sister’s face for a while. He still wonders, and still figure out what Yukiko thought off. Sometimes, Yukiko can be scary when she’s very quiet, and in deep thought of matter seriously. Once she put everything in the car, the car starts to move slowly away from the school-yard. While in the car…

“Your mother would be happy to see you, Yukiko,” said Minamoto-san.

“So, how is a mother?” asked Yukiko, looked at her father.

Minamoto-san smiled, and replied, “She was just complete the project that her company started last week. Now, the AGM gave her quite very long break and it is quite good for us as a family.”

“And Hyun—how’s your study?” asked Yukiko, stared at her younger brother’s face for a little while.

Hyun answered, “Not bad. Just that we’re kind of busy with the school project that will be presented during assembly.”

Yukiko is very quiet at the moment, looking out the window. As they pass the Springfield (Boy) International School, Yukiko asks his father to stop by; Hyun wonders. Yukiko gets off from the car and get into the school for a while. Every of the student of Springfield is looking at her, wondering why she is entering the school compound. On the way to the café of the school, Yukiko knocks off someone that she knew. The young man drops the plastic cup… Yukiko helps him.

“Ah! Yukiko!” said Kwangmin.

“Hi, Kwangmin!” she greeted and smiled. “Aa, Kwangmin! Have you seen Minwoo? I want to bring back the kitten as a gift to my mother.”

“Not really, but I think he was in the dorm along with Youngmin-hyung,” said Kwangmin, picked up the plastic cup he dropped a while ago. “Yukiko, can I ask you something?”

Yukiko replied, “I’m very sorry, Kwangmin. But I really have to go… My father is waiting for me.”

Kwangmin said, directly as he looked at Yukiko’s faced as she needed to go immediately, “The dorm just behind this building. You can find it without any obstacle.”

“Boy’s dorm? I don’t think I can enter boy’s dorm. It is against the law,” Yukiko said, stood still, looked at Kwangmin.

“Then, I’ll go and call him for you, just wait here!” said Kwangmin, ran to the boy’s dorm.

Yukiko just stands still there and watches Kwangmin runs and disappears from her view. While waiting for Kwangmin and Minwoo, she takes a seat on the bench that stood still behind her—gazing at the blue sky.

“Stratus, huh? The clouds are really puffy and piled-up in the sky. I guess it will be a good day for the whole day,” Yukiko talked to herself, as she is still watching the blue sky above her. “Maybe, we can spend with mother on the beach once we reach home. Surely, Hyun waits for that moment too.”

Fifteen minutes later, Kwangmin and his group come and meet Yukiko, where she waits for them. The kitten is also with them.

“Ahhh… the kitten is getting fatter than before!” said Yukiko, looked surprised. She bowed, and said, “Thank you, for taking care of the kitten.”

“Here you are,” said Minwoo, giving the kitten to her. She’s really hyper during dawn—kept step on my face, disallow me to sleep more.”

Yukiko takes the kitten from Minwoo, and bows at them once again.

“Are your school just started summer holiday?” asked Donghyun.

Yukiko nodded as she took the kitten from Minwoo’s hand, and thanked him for the care of the kitten for her, “Thank you very much, Minwoo… and I need to go now, my father and brother are waiting for me outside. See you after the holiday, then.”

“We, too… just started our summer holiday for a month,” said Kwangmin, happily.

“Hurmmm… Yukiko-shi, do you have Tamako’s numbers?” Hyunseong asked in sudden.

Yukiko wondered at the moment, curious about Hyunseong, and guessed, “Why are you asking, Hyunseong? Do you have something that you hide from me? Something fishy? Because I do smell something fishy about you when you’re asking about my best friend’s number?”

Everyone look at Hyunseong, wait for him to confess his feeling, especially Yukiko. Kwangmin and Jeongmin look at each other, whisper at the back. Finally, Hyunseong confesses what he feels about Tamako, Yukiko’s best friend.

“I am falling in love with your best friend, Tamako,” confessed Hyunseong.

Ooo~~~no wonder thought Yukiko, I still remember who’s the one that Tamako’s like... Donghyun.

“What are you thinking of, Yukiko?” asked Minwoo, still figure out of Yukiko’s reaction.

“Do you have her number?” asked Hyunseong, persistently.

“I do. Wait for a while,” said Yukiko, took her phone and transferred Tamako’s number into Hyunseong’s phone.

“Thank you, Yukiko. Oh, before you go. Can I ask you something? Something that really important,” said Hyunseong, smiling.

“Yeah, sure. But, make sure your question is reasonable, then,” replied Yukiko. “I won’t answer any of unworthy question.”

“Okay,” said Hyunseong, cheerfully. “Don’t worry about that~it is worthy enough.”

Is it? What kind of question will you throw out to me? thought Yukiko, worriedly.

“My main question is, who do you like the most? I mean does have someone that you think of recently?” asked Hyunseong, straight to her.

Yukiko answered Hyunseong, without any hesitation, “For this moment, I don’t think I have someone in my mind. Besides, I just want to focus on my study. My ticket to my dream is getting near.” Yukiko felt so weird, and threw back her question to Hyunseong, “How about you? Just asking Tamako’s phone number… What is your intention, Hyunseong?”

Hyunseong silence, no utterance of his words come out from his mouth.

Yukiko looked at her watch, and said, “I think I’d better go right now. And thanks for taking care of this kitten for me. Bye! Bye!”

Yukiko went back to the car. The journey is still far—their mother is waiting for them at home.

***

The End of Chapter Four