His Wife

His Wife

“Should,”. “Should we talk just after we finish your cooking? I’m hungry,” Hyunwoo said with a small smile as he grabbed Kihyun’s wrist and lead him to that table. He knew he had to be the one who lead them and avoid more of misunderstanding.

They sat in front of each other and Kihyun can’t stop staring at Hyunwoo’s face, tried to observe him and read the situation with those tired eyes. 

“I’ll eat well,” Hyunwoo said.

Hyunwoo took a spoonful of the soup before he used his chopstick to get some udon inside his mouth. 

“It’s good. Why did the kid talk bad about it?” Hyunwoo said as he continued inhaling the meal. 

Kihyun nodded as he stared at the udon. 

“As expected, you know what I like,” Hyunwoo said with a proud smile. 

“You like it?” Kihyun asked carefully.

“Of course. If the kids don’t want it, just, just stop giving them this and just cook this only for me instead,” Hyunwoo said.

A smile slowly bloomed on Kihyun’s face and he chuckled softly.

“It’s always great to have some good home-made meal after two days only having convenience store kimbab and some coffees,” Hyunwoo said. 

Kihyun nodded with a proud smile on his face.

“Hyung,”.

The amount of politeness and gentleness that wrapped that one call took Hyunwoo’s attention completely. Hyunwoo stared at Kihyun again.

“How’s the meeting?” Kihyun asked with same amount of politeness and gentleness coating every word he said with that soft voice of him.

“Good,” Hyunwoo said while nodding. “Umm… nothing unusual, just talking about schedules, and things like the concept, and things,” Hyunwoo said again and he continued to eat the meal. 

Kihyun just nodded.

“Do you want some tea?” Kihyun asked.

“No, cold water please, ahjjushi,” Hyunwoo said gently with those crescent eyes and his famous dumbly gentle smile.

Kihyun chuckled before he walked fast to the kitchen and came back with a glass of cold water in his hand. 

“Here, ahjjushi,” Kihyun said softly.

“Thank you, ahjjushi,” Hyunwoo anseered with a smile. 

It didn’t need much time for Hyunwoo to finish everything.

“Thank you for the meal,” Hyunwoo said and Kihyun just smiled widely. 

“I should brag about this,” Kihyun asid as he took the bowl and bring it to the dish washer while Hyunwoo was gulping down his cold mineral water. Hyunwoo followed him from behind. He leaned on the kitchen counter next to Kihyun who was washing the dishes, changed smiles with Kihyun. 

“What a full service,” Hyunwoo said and Kihyun just smiled. 

“You showered there?” Kihyun asked.

Hyunwoo nodded. 

“You knew?” Hyunwoo asked and again, Kihyun just smiled proudly as he lifted his brows cockily. “Magic nose,” Hyunwoo said again with a smile. 

“So,” Kihyun said softly. “What is it that you wanted to talk about after the meal, hyung?” Kihyun asked carefully, did not even spare Hyunwoo a single glance. 

Hyunwoo sighed.

“I love it so much, that you cook for me,” Hyunwoo said. “Even waited for me,”.

“But,” Kihyun continued his words.

“But, I want you to get some sleep,” Hyunwoo said gently. 

Kihyun looked at him as he finished washing the dishes.

“I need you to get some sleep,” Hyunwoo said gently as he put the empty glass down on top of the kitchen counter and face Kihyun completely. 

Kihyun nodded as he bravely continued to stare at him.

“I understand,” Kihyun answered clearly, politely as he nodded.

Hyunwoo nodded as he offered him a hand shake and some shoulder bump. And Kihyun obliged with a subtle smile on his face. 

But Kihyun just left blinking as it was not just a shoulder bump. It was a full hug. A full one with Hyunwoo’s protective arm wrapped on his back and that warm palm on the back of his head. Caressed his hair gently, and Kihyun can feel Hyunwoo slightly weighted himself down on him. Hyunwoo was resting his chin on Kihyun’s shoulder and the hug was gently tight. Hyunwoo was closing his eyes, secretly.

For a while, Hyunwoo stayed like that for a while, trying to convey those words and mixed feelings he had before. 

He smiled when he could faintly feel Kihyun’s heartbeats on his chest and the soft breathing. Although it made him worried that Kihyun felt so thin, Kihyun was still so soft and warm on his arm. He felt like he was healed somehow. 

It felt like he was hugging his mother. 

It was always nice to have someone else to lean on when he was tired and everything was going tiring like these days. Kihyun felt like a home.

Slowly, Hyunwoo felt those chubby hands patted his back gently and that cheek leaned on his broad shoulder. Instead of the comfort Hyunwoo tried to give, he received such a soothing feeling instead.

Hyunwoo opened his eyes gently and he pulled out of the hug gently. There, Kihyun was hiding his smile hardly because it felt embarrassing and unusual, but he didn’t hate it at all. 

Hyunwoo couldn’t help but to try to hide his smile too. He dropped his sight to the floor and found a sight of those small, chubby, pale toes, moving probably out of embarrassment.

No, maybe younger.

Hyunwoo scoffed at the ridiculous thought inside his head now.

A wife?

 

 

***

End