Final

Who's that?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hani, Junghwa, and Hyelin were all huddled up at staff break area while concentrating hard at their boss’s door. It’s been more than thirty minutes since Hyojin’s “substitute” assistant had entered her office and there was no sign of the new girl coming out.

 

“It’s gotta be nothing right?” Junghwa voiced out.

 

“I don’t know, I mean, we all go into her office and our talks last up to 10 minutes max!” Hani sat quiet, thinking on what was going on as Junghwa and Hyelin kept going back and forth. Their thoughts were interrupted as their company friends entered the room.

 

“What are you guys bickering about?” Soyou asked the trio.

 

“Don’t mind them honey, you know they’re weirdos.” Hyorin giggled as she walked past them all to make her girlfriend and herself some coffee.

 

“It’s the new girl. We’re wondering why every time she enters, she stays for a good 30 minutes or more.” Hani finally spoke up, causing Hyorin and Soyou to think back to how long their meeting lasted.

 

“You know what, that is a bit strange. My meeting with her last for 5 minutes.” Everyone laughed at Hyorin. She looked at them confused and asked Soyou what.

 

“Only FIVE?” Hyelin was crying from laughing so hard, only to be slapped by the embarrassed brunette.

 

“Is five minutes bad? Why am I the lowest?” She asked her girlfriend.

 

“Well… you do annoy her sometimes… BUT it’s okay, it’s nothing serious!” Soyou tried her best not to laugh. She did what she usually does to make Hyorin feel better, kiss and hug her until her pouts become grins.

 

“I’ve lasted 15 minutes,” they all turned their heads towards the new voice.

 

“No need to brag,” Junghwa rolled her eyes, “we all know boss loves you the most. Maybe more than Hani.” Hyuna just laughed at the youngest.

 

Suddenly they heard a door open, it was Hyojin’s. Walking out was a burgundy haired beauty. Her button up shirt was slightly wrinkled, which totally went past everyone’s head, and she had a beautiful smile on her face that made everyone’s heart stop. Solji felt like someone was watching her so she slightly turned her head and saw that everyone suddenly looked elsewhere or ran off to another room. But she did make eye contact with Hyuna, who just winked at her and went to her office. Solji walked into the staff break area with slightly pink tinted cheeks.

 

“Good evening girls, I hope you’re having a wonderful day!” She gave them an eye smile as she waited for her coffee to be made.

 

The three girls left laughed awkwardly and mumbled some ‘yeahs’ and ‘you too’. Hyojin came out her office a few minutes after Solji had. She was fixing up her jacket and walked behind Solji, totally ignoring her other workers.

 

“Mind pouring me a glass?”

 

“Sure thing, boss!” Solji saluted. Hyojin leaned her back on the counter and wouldn’t stop staring at Solji, causing the other girl to blush and be embarrassed.

 

“Stop staring, Hyojin!” Solji harshly whispered.

 

Junghwa and Hyelin were too busy thinking of ways to stay in Hyojin’s room longer so they could win the bet. ‘Maybe I can trip and buy 5 minutes, in your face Hyelin’ Junghwa smirked at her thoughts. ‘Hmmm, if I pretend I’m out of breath then maybe I can waste up some time there. FIGHTING!’ Hyelin cheered on herself.

 

But Hani was too busy observing Hyojin’s behavior. The slight touches and flirtatious remarks. She swore that she heard from Hyuna that their boss was married and even had an adopted child with her wife. Hani looked down into her cup and wondered whether or not her boss was the unfaithful type. ‘She isn’t the type to do so…. OR IS SHE?!’ Hani quickly snapped her head towards the duo, while also causing her neck some pain. ‘OUCH!’

 

“Is everything alright, Hani?” Solji quickly made her way towards Hani and rubbed her neck softly, which caused Hyojin to glare at her worker for stealing away Solji’s attention.

 

“Try moving your neck now, how does it feel?” Hani furrowed her eyebrows and slowly moved her head in a circle and was shocked at how quick it was fixed.

 

“Woah, h-how?”

 

“I used to work at the hospital and came across some neat tricks.”

 

“Alright, alright, enough talking.” Hyojin so

Please log in to read the full chapter