Chapter 1

Lost in thoughts all alone

 


It has been a month. I applied at many agencies after graduation and still no response. Even though My GPA is really good . all I got was minor roles. Will I ever achieve my dream and become a well known actor.
I took a deep sigh and continued jogging in the area near Han river. That's where I go whenever I feel sad or depressed.

"Oh! Is that my phone ringing ? " I said while reaching out for my pocket

"Hello. This is Jungkook" I said suspiciously

"Yes. Hello Jungkook. This is Han Yuri from BIGHIT. I was really impressed by your application. It seems like you were a hard working student" she paused for a second and then continued " I would like to see you in the next audition. It's a movie and if you got accepted you will be acting along with a very well known stuff"

I stood in silence not believing what is being said .

"Are you interested? Hello! Jung..kook?" She was trying to make sure I didn't get disconnected.

"huh.. yeah sure .. yeah" I finally managed to talk.

"great. then can you come to the main branch tomorrow at 9:30 am "

"Sure. I'll definitely be there by 9:30. I can come now and wait until tomorrow"

"haha. No that's too much. you seem very excited. Good luck for tomorrow"

I thanked her again and she hang up.

I stood in silence and disbelief for about 3 minutes. I can't believe that I got this chance. I will make sure not to lose it.

 

After having a hard time trying to figure out what should I wear I ended up wearing my favorite white shirt and black baggy pants.

It was easy to go to the agency as I sometimes waited in front of it during college days wondering if I will ever get the chance to enter the building and take my first step towards my dream.

So here I am waiting in the lobby for someone to show me the way. they told me in the reception to have a seat and wait until they call my name . everything in the place felt so comfy and expensive. exactly like I expected .

but I felt a stomachache seeing all these applicants waiting with me for the audition. what if the all had the daydreaming I had about my acting career. everyone of them has a unique story. mostly all of them including me want to get accepted. it's sad to think that whoever will get accepted will ruin all these dreams. I sometimes wonder about this.

struggling to get myself out of these thoughts and stay focused in case my name is called , we all got startled from the noise that raise up suddenly from outside the building. they were fans screaming after they saw their favorite actor. I looked around and narrowed my eyes to figure out who is this actor but couldn't as he was wearing a black mask that covered almost his whole face and he as walking too quickly and disappeared after that .

" wow! It's Kim Seokjin" one of the girls said to her friend.

" he looks even more handsome in reality than photos." the other girl replied happily.

"excuse me. who's Kim Seokjin?" directing my question towards the girls.

"OMG. you don't know who is Kim Seokjin!! he is really famous." one of the girls replied in disbelief.

" I am sorry. maybe I have seen him in a movie but I can't relate." forcing a polite smile on my face to hide my ignorance.

"he will be the main actor of the film we will be auditioning  for. I can't wait to get a role as his lover. I am a die hard fan" the girl's eyes nearly turned into hearts . she is seriously in love with the actor.

" I hope you get what you dream of" I said.

" thank you. I am Kim Nara and she's my friend Choi Mina. Nice to meet you"

"I am Jungkook. Nice to meet you too."

"ohh. You are so handsome too. so suitable for an actor or a model" Choi Mina said .

" haha. Thank you." nervously replied.

After ten minutes a tall guy wearing a suit and tie appeared and started calling out for names. I was nervous so I tried to focus at anything. I started to follow this guy's movements. He is so confident and composed. people treated him politely as he has this vibe around him that seemingly forces everyone to treat him this way.

he kept calling out for names except my name. He even sat down to drink his coffee after standing up until nearly all the applicants' names were called out. so I started to feel really nervous.

" Did they forget about me? is it all ?" these questions started running into my head.

so I went where he was sitting. and hesitated for a bit then asked " I am sorry but I didn't hear my name."

he looked up to me and said " what's your name?"

" Jungkook." I saw my name at the end of the list so when I was trying to point out my name in the list I hit the coffee cup and it spilt on this guy's trousers.

"I am terribly sorry. I didn't mean to do that. It was a mistake. please forgive me." I didn't what should I do after ruining his clothes.

He smiled and said politely " IT's okay . It is obvious that you didn't mean to do this." He wiped the coffee off his trousers and then continued " We didn't forget. they said that you will be the last applicant to enter. good luck kid. It's your turn now by the way , go to the fifth floor room number 201".

"ahh..thank you" I said with a please-forgive-my-reckless-mistake look

why exactly should I be the last person to enter ? Good luck kid ? you look you are the same age as me or slightly older so I'm not a kid !  I will forgive you as I ruined your fancy suit.


I took the elevator to the fifth floor and followed what the guy told me, knocked the door twice and entered.

There were 3 people sitting to evaluate the applicants. One was the famous actor I saw earlier - Kim Seokjin and the other man was a director I remember he gave my class a lecture at college his name is Park Jin young - as far as I remember. And a beautiful lady I figured that she is the woman who called me for the audition.

"Hello. Mr.Jungkook" Han Yuri said with a bright smile.

"what are you going to perform today? I wish it would be something worth watching. I've been here for 3 hours and not a single male actor impressed me." the director said. He seemed a little bit bored.

" I will perform a scene from my favorite movie."

I started acting. It lasted for 5 minutes but it felt so long as I was nervous and scared."

While performing the director and actor Kim Seokjin was taking down notes but Han Yuri seemed really happy with what I am doing. Maybe her expressions were the reason why my exposure as I felt a little bit comfortable while watching her bright expressions.

She even clapped silently when I finished.

I stood in silence waiting for a response.

They had a discussion together, I tried hard to catch anything from what they are saying - I could her unrelated but comforting words.

----Finally, he can, good, yes, approved -----

Then Kim Seokjin focused his gaze on me and then said "I am really glad I will get to work with a promising new actor like you. Looking forward to it Jungkookie"

" Thank you for your performance. Let's hope for an awesome movie." the director said with a smile.

"everything related to the contract and the training will be with Mrs.HanYuri" the director added.

I was so shocked I couldn't even believe what's happening. I bowed and thanked them many times

"wait for my call Jungkook ssi" Han Yuri said.

" Thank you so much, yeah . I will definitely. Thank you again"

I left the room and I couldn't get my mouth to stop smiling.

I went outside the company and waited for a while and finally I shouted " YES.. YES.. YEEES"

"why are you so loud?" Someone said mockingly.

I quickly looked around to see who's talking. It's the coffee guy but now he is wearing a black shirt and denim jeans smoking a cigarette standing on one leg bending the other against the wall.

he looked so different. in a good way . I mean totally different vibe . he looked umm, so handsome !

"I am sorry I was just excited." I replied after quite long time.

he took a puff from his cigarette and said " How was it ?"

" It was .. cool. actually I got accepted."

"oh! that's great since I'd be able to let you buy me another coffee instead of the one you spilled" he said in a serious way.

"I am terribly sorry for this. Sure I would get another you another one. I can even pay for cleaning your suit. I am really sorry."

"Don't worry. I gotta go" He put out his cigarette before entering the building and then disappeared.

wow. He didn't even say good luck , congrats or anything!

for the first time I didn't feel irritated while taking the subway during rush hours. I was busy figuring out the future ahead of me.

I texted Jimin as soon as i managed to send a text.

Dear Jimin,

Your best friend will finally achieve his dream. I got accepted .

Remember to call me Actor Jungkook from now on.

how was your interview?

I pressed "send" and my phone was already ringing. I smiled because I totally expect Jimin's actions.

I answered the phone.

" OMG kookie you finally got accepted. see, I told you . you don't have to be gloomy and depressed ,. I told you that you will make it.

you didn't forget your promise, buddy?"

"haha, I didn't .just choose the restaurant and I will treat you. how was your interview?"

"let's go to the restaurant where we always go. I like their food. and about the job, don't bring that topic . they wanted me to be a slave without even giving me a proper salary. I won't do it. I will apply for another thing."

" you sure don't like going outside. all you want is food and relaxing. I'll meet you at 8 pm .don't be late. See ya"

"don't worry buddy. you know I'm always on time. Actor Jungkook my .see ya"

He knows more than anyone else the truth behind " I'm always on time" . he is never on time .

At home I tried searching for Actor Kim Seokjin, Thank god nobody asked me questions about him at the interview. It would have been so awkward.

He is 26 years old, contributed in many movies and endorsements. I read a lot about him and even watched some of his scenes.

What I liked about him is that he tries as much as he can to vary the type of characters he plays and he is not sticking to only one genre or type.

I found my self thinking of the coffee guy. I wanted to search about him too. I wanted to know what is his role in the company. but I didn't even know his name. What should I write ? The cold tall guy ? The guy I spilled the coffee on today morning? the guy who didn't even congratulate me when I told him that I got accepted ?

What the hell am I thinking ?