Chapter 6

Endless Tears

Chapter 6

Seoul, 2011

5 years later…

“We’re INFINITE, thank you,” we all said in unison and bowed to the audience as they were shouting our names and applauded.

“That is the last event of the day, we can go back,” our manager, Jungyeol hyung said.

“Thank you, everyone,” we said and bowed to the staffs around, as they were doing the same to us and towards each other.

We walked to the van and entered it. I sat on the back seat.

“What a day,” Sungjong said from the front seat as he rested his head on the neck pillow.

“Hoya, stylist nuna said this belong to you and I believe this is yours,” Woohyun hyung said to me as he handed a very familiar wallet to me.

“Oh god, I didn’t even realized that I dropped this. Thanks,” I said to Woohyun hyung as I took it from his hand.

“And, I wanted to ask, because when I opened it, I saw something that makes me curious,” Woohyun hyung said, as he grinned.

“What is it?” other members asked, in unison as I was dumbfounded with their curiosity.

“It was nothing, just a picture,” I said, as Dongwoo hyung was nodded.

“I knew about that already,” Dongwoo hyung said and put back the earphone onto his ear.

“Not fair, spit out whatever you know, hyung,” Sungyeol said while yanking the earphone out from his ears.

“That is the picture of him and a girl, must be some story behind that,” Woohyun hyung blurted out.

“That’s hurt me, Lee Sungyeol,” Dongwoo hyung groaned as I did not want to talk.

“Let me tell you guys,” Dongwoo hyung said and grinned. I mouthed a “No” to him.

“It’s his best friend, Hyemi,” he said it. I rolled my eyes, in annoyance.

“Best friend, seriously? No way,” Myungsoo snapped. The others were nodding, agreed with the statement.

“I know, right?” Dongwoo hyung said. “That was what he told me 3 or 4 years ago, but I don’t really buy it,” he continued. “Especially when the letters that he sent weekly to her got sent back to him because she moved out of the house. Man, you guys should see how depressed he was. And, you guys should see how happy he was when he received her letters. I bet he still keep them,” Dongwoo hyung blurted it out.

“We should raid his place then,” Sungjong suggested.

“Stop gossiping like a bunch of high school girls,” I said, out of annoyance.

“Guys, there’s one week off for you. The agency told me, the break until the next song produced. The president already told you guys about the Nothing’s Over song, right?,” Jungyeol hyung said to us, causing we all to cheer in happiness.

“Yeah,” Myungsoo said and we all nodded.

“It’s still on production level. So, enjoy the one week off,” Jungyeol hyung said as we all fist bumped and high fived.

“Great! Now, let’s go home,” Sungkyu hyung said and the van was off to our dormitories.

That night, I could not fall asleep as I thought of Hyemi. I took out my cell phone and dialed my home’s number.

“Hello?”I heard a familiar man’s voice from the other side.

“Can I talk to Mrs. Lee?” I said, trying to not giving out my identity.

“Hold on,”he said, totally did not realized that I was Hoya.

“Hello?”a familiar soft voice hit my ear.

“Mum? Hi. If dad’s there, just pretend that this is not me,” I said, started the conversation.

“You called me. How are you?”my mum asked, trying to speak casually.

“I’m fine, mum. I missed you guys,” I said, as a tear escaped my eyes.

“We missed you too. He did too. So, come back here,”she said, with a comfort tone.

“Maybe I will. I think it’s time for me to seek for forgiveness,” I muttered.

“My forgiveness and bless always with you,”she claimed. “And, maybe you need to face him, sooner or later,” she continued.

“I know,” I said, nodding. “Mum, did Hyemi come back?” I asked, hesitantly.

“Sorry, but no. And, maybe you should come here, because I’m sure that you want to see Grandma’s grave,”she said.

“Yeah, I will be back, bye mum,” I said. “And, thank you, mum,” I continued and she hung up.

I put my phone to the side. I put the earphone onto my ears, hoping to sleep with the melody of hip hop songs. However, I did not fall asleep.

My mind was still occupied with Hyemi. How could she leave me without any news nor trace? I missed her, so badly.

5 years ago, maybe I did happily told everyone that she was my best friend. But, when I left to Seoul, all alone, all I could think of was her. I started to think of something else. And, 5 years was enough to make me matured. I knew it by now, I was totally in love with Hyemi.

“Hyung? Why aren’t you sleep?” Sungyeol asked me with his head hanging from the top bunk.

I freaked out. “You stupid, why did you do that? It’s freaking scary, like a corpse,” I hissed, while whispering and poking his head.

“Go to sleep and stop thinking of Hyemi,” he said and went back to his bed in an instant.

“Hey, I’m not,” I whispered to him, more lying to him and myself.

Maybe they were right, I was so in love with Hyemi because I kept thinking of her.