morning glory

if home is where the heart is
Please log in to read the full chapter

A sudden cough alerts Jihoon to the presence of another person at the door. He turns his head, eyes widening further at the man walking towards the dorm door, eyeing Seungcheol with caution and raising an eyebrow at Jihoon.

Of all people to rock up to his dorm room, it had to be these two. The smaller boy opens his mouth to speak, but no sound comes out. He looks back into the dorm for help, almost smacking his head into the wall when he sees them restraining a squirming, angry Seungkwan still screeching profanities. Jihoon turns back to the confused man in the hallway, sighing before taking in a deep breath and opening the door wider, shuffling out of the way.

 

"I- I suppose you had better come in."

 

 

 

All Jihoon can make out is the blurry image of Soonyoung and his yelling as Seungcheol splutters some form of response. He groans, giving up on moving as the older boy had fallen off the bed in his panic and is now trying to comminucate with a- well, a very angry looking Seungkwan wielding a glass bottle. He idly hopes the younger boy doesn't break it and make a mess.

But Jihoon is too busy nursing his sore head to fully register the loud slap of Seungkwan's hand meeting Seungcheol's face. He doesn't quite notice Soonyoung pulling him upright and out the room, Seungcheol's eyebrows rising almost to the top of his head, shouting out streams of words in rapid succession, a horrified look on his face.

He does, however, notice that he's being dragged out of the room and away from the hot basketball captain.

Which he most certainly does not want. He attempts to wriggle out from Soonyoung's grip, grumbling when the other boy just shackles his arms over his shoulders a little tighter.

"H-hey where are we going? I'm talking to Seungcheol-"

"You were doing a lot more than just talking Jihoonie. Or at least Seungcheol was." He's practically fuming, face still slightly flushed in anger.

", if we hadn't got to you guys in time I- I don't even know. I can't ing believe this-"

Jihoon's brain decides to tune out Soonyoung at this point, his drunken state making it easier than usual. Instead he takes in the furious expression on his friend's face with confusion. Why is Soonyoung so pissed?

He voices this thought out loud.

He doesn't expect Soonyoung to give him such a taken aback look. The boy stops their descent down the stairs to grab Jihoon's shoulders with both hands and look him dead in the eye.

"Jihoon, what did Seungcheol do to you just now?"

Jihoon blinks. Is Soonyoung stupid? He's been working on this theory for a while and now after several cups of vodka and cherry something he thinks he's got it right.

"Um, kiss me? Or he was about to, till you ruined it." He scoffs, briefly mourning his loss of action.

Soonyoung examines him carefully, not speaking for a solid minute before Jihoon gets antsy and shrugs off his grip.

"Why are you asking anyway? W-what's your problem?" He's trying his best to be aggressive here but the alcohol is getting to him and Jihoon really wants a nap. And maybe some cheetos. He knows where Seokmin hides them.

Soonyoung only sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"He was on top of you on a bed, and you're drunk out of your mind. I had to make sure he wasn't taking advantage of you." He leans back on the bannister and eyes Jihoon carefully.


"And I think I believe you, but I'm gonna have to have a word with Seungcheol about this. I wouldn't normally suspect this sort of thing from him but after what he told me-"

"Told y-you what?" Jihoon manages, slightly more alert but teetering on his feet. Soonyoung, seeing the precarious position they were in on the stairs quickly slings an arm over Jihoon's shoulders again and hauls him down the steps and through the house. They reach the front door and stumble outside, Jihoon relishing the blast of fresh air hitting his face, despite his lolling head on Soonyoung's shoulder and the whoops of frat boys in the front garden.

"Never you mind. All you need to right now is rest. And never drink again."

 

 

"I'm never drinking again."

"The entire contents of your fridge is a hangover waiting to happen."

" off, Seungkwan."

"If yo

Please log in to read the full chapter