Meeting You

Fate's Annoying Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol sighed for the umpteenth time that day. He was forced to hang out with his friends, and not to mention, his friends were a couple. So basically, he was forced be the third wheel.

 

They were at a theater and Seungcheol glared at his friends and the many other  couples in the room. They were all being lovely-dovey, but instead of being disgusted, he was jealous.

 

He was jealous of what they had that he always wanted: someone to love him just as much as he would love them. He was jealous of them meeting their partners. Fate had allowed to meet the other person at their string. Meanwhile, he has been hoping that the day he could meet the other person at his string would come soon. He hadn't really cared about it until his friends met each other. The look on their faces whenever they were together made him jealous. He looked down at his string and hoped whoever was at the other end would come soon.

 

After the Movie

 

They were walking through the streets, coming back from the movie theater. They were planning to head back to Jeonghan and Jisoo's place when Jeonghan spotted an ice cream parlor.

 

They continued their walk after getting ice cream when Seungcheol felt a sudden pull on his finger. He stopped in his tracks and looked down at his hand.

 

"Seungcheol?" Jeonghan turned around as he felt something was missing. He looked at the ice cream cone on the ground where Seungcheol was supposed to be. "..He's gone." Jisoo turned around at his comment.

 

"You're right. He probably just went to go get something." Jisoo started walking ahead.

 

"Could be, but I'm still worried." The older wrapped his arm around his boyfriend's.

 

Where Seungcheol is

 

Seungcheol ran. He dropped the ice cream cone he was holding and ran, ran to the end of his string. He bumped into shoulders countless times, muttering out short apologies. He doesn't remember how long he ran. He only remembers the beating of his heart as he ran to where his string led him.

 

He only stopped in front of a coffee shop and without a second hesitation, he walked in the shop.

 

His heart was beating fast, whether it be from the running or anticipation from meeting his soulmate or probably both, Seungcheol didn't care at the moment. He looked around himself as he felt another pull on his pinkie. His eyes drifted to a figure in the corner at a table. He wondered if the other didn't feel the string as he didn't notice him, but quickly dismissed the thought.

 

Without him realizing, Seungcheol found himself standing in front of his soulmate.

 

Jihoon looked up from his book as he felt a presence next to him.

 

Their eyes locked and Jihoon let out a gasp while Seungcheol let out the breath he hadn't even realized he had been holding. They stayed like that for a minute: staring at each other without speaking, as if in a trance.

 

Jihoon snapped out of it first.

 

"May I help you?" Jihoon was confused. Why was a stranger standing in front of him. Why was he so surprised when their eyes met? Why was his heart racing?

 

Seungcheol couldn't find himself able to speak, so he did the next best thing he could think of. He brought his hand up for the smaller to see.

 

"...Huh?" Jihoon was even more confused. He looked at the man's hand and for a moment, he swore he could see a string tied around the man's pinkie. Before he could comprehend what he just saw, the string disappeared just as fast as he saw it.

 

"We.. We are soulmates. Our strings are connected." Seungcheol finally found the courage to speak.

 

"I think you got the wrong person, sir. I don't have a string. My soulmate is dead." He felt a quite harsh pull on his pinkie as he said that and grabbed his hand.

 

"No... That can't be right. I'm certain our strings are connected." The taller looked at Jihoon's hand. "I can see that our strings are connected, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I doubt that."

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter