Prologue

Fate's Annoying Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jihoon remembers when he was a child in school.

 

The teachers would talk about the red string of fate. Only you could see your own string. You couldn't see other people's string. As the teacher said that, all the children look down at their hands. Jihoon was confused when he couldn't see his string. He raised his hand up.

 

"Yes, Jihoon?" The teacher called on him.

 

"I don't have a string."

 

"Really? That's strange. Make sure to tell your parents when you go home, okay?"

 

"Okay."

 

And that's exactly what he did. He went home and told his mother.

 

"Mommy?"

 

"What is it?" His mother looked down at him.

 

"I don't have a string."

 

"What are you talking about?" His mother was slightly confused. Everybody had a string unless their soulmate died or they were aual. She didn't think her son's partner died since he was still young nor did she think he was aual.

 

"I can't see my string. My string that connects me to my soulmate." Little Jihoon brought his hand up for her as if she could see his string.

 

"That's weird. Maybe you'll see it as grow older."

 

His father said the exact same thing when he told him. They asked him if he could see his string on every birthday, and the answer was always the same: No.

 

When he turned ten, his parents decided to stop keeping their son's hope up. They sat him down for a talk.

 

"Jihoonie? Do you have anyone you like?" His father asked him.

 

"Yeah. She's really pretty and has long hair." Jihoon explained. His parents took out aual being the reason why their child didn't have a string.

 

"Do you know why you can't see your string?" His mother asked this time.

 

"Yeah. It's because I'm not old enough yet."

 

"Jihoon, I think you're old enough to know the real reason why you don't have a string."

 

"Real reason?" Ten-year-old Jihoon tilted his he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter