Letter #1

101 Letters

Dear JiHyun-Yang-ie,
 

How are you? Have you adjusted to life with no late-night filmings or early morning wake-up calls? I hope you're getting lots of sleep just like you wished and are staying healthy.
 

I've arrived at the basic training camp here in Cheorwon. It looked like rain on the drive up but the sun decided to come out just as we arrived. As you predicted there were a lot of fans there to see me off. I didn't think it would bother me if no one showed up, but seeing everyone made me feel grateful that they travelled so far just to see me.

None of the guys here teased me about it... yet. Bang Chi Gu keeps predicting dire things and telling me horror stories from his days in the army. But don't worry. He's just teasing. I think I'm going to make some good friends here. Most of the guys here are around your age, so they automatically respect me since I'm wiser and all (I'm kidding, I can see you eyerolling all the way here). 

 

There are thirteen of us in my squad and as you can guess I'm the oldest. But we're adjusting well. I think the next five weeks is going to be interesting. Cheorwon in summer is hot but the mountains near here are pretty. I don't know if I'll be posted here permanently but for now I plan to work hard and do well in basic training.
 

The first letter I wrote since coming here was to my Omma, but this one is my second. Ah, this feels weird.  I'm rusty at this. I don't remember the last time I wrote a letter except to my fans. Anyhow, I hope in a few days you'll get this letter and know that Oppa is doing well. The food is good, I have lots of time to rest and I'm staying healthy.
 

I remember you said you were going back to your studies. I know you will do well. Nam Ji Hyun Fighting!

 

Ji Chang Wook