11.11

Lovebug
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's November 11.

 

 

Pepero Day.

 

 

 

Dahyun's waiting for Sana at the playground. She's sitting on a park bench facing the swing-sets, with only one of her earphones on, listening to music. The playground's quiet, since most people are indoors probably having their dinner or resting. Only the soft, cool autumn breeze and the bright white lights illuminating the whole park and playground accompanied her at the moment. She was too immersed with the song, unconsciously she's tapping her fingers on her lap whilst humming the melody.

 

 

Sana rushed from her house to the playground, hoping that she would beat Dahyun to it but turns out Dahyun was already there. She smiled and let out a giggle at the sight of her, even though it's only the back of her head with her favorite beanie on. Sana sneaked up from behind to cover the latter's eyes with her hands. 

 

 

Dahyun knew it was Sana. The sound of Sana's soft giggles and also the rustling of leaves was a total giveaway! Okay Dubu, let's play it cool. So she decided to pull a prank on Sana. When she saw a pair of hands were about to cover her eyes, she let out a groan on purpose and immediately covered her right eye with her hands.

 

 

"Dahyunie, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!"

 

 

"Owww.."

 

 

"Does it really hurt? Let me see."

 

 

"It's okay, Unnie."

 

 

"Please let me see." Sana pleaded softly as she slowly removed Dahyun's hand.

 

 

"I think something's in my eye."

 

 

"Hmm... I don't see anything." Sana stared into Dahyun's eye with a puzzled look.

 

 

"Can you see it?"

 

 

'What is it that I'm supposed to see? Pretty sure there's nothing."

 

 

Dahyun let out a small sigh. "That's sad but I think it's because it isn't that bright here." Now Dahyun's gazing into Sana's eyes with both of her hands on Sana's shoulders.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"I only see you, Sana-chan."

 

 

"W-What do you mean?"

 

 

"I can see my reflection in your eyes. Why can't you?" Dahyun said with a smirk.

 

 

"M-Mwoya! Yah! You tricked me into this! You pretended that your eye was hurt." Sana huffed and went to the swingset and plopped herself on one of the swings with her arms crossed.

 

 

Dahyun got up from her seat and went after Sana, "Unnie~ I'm sorry~"

 

 

"No way." Sana purposely looked away from Dahyun who's standing right in front of her.

 

 

"Please. I'm sorry!" Dahyun then hung her head low but stealing glances at Sana.

 

 

"Dahyunie's a liar."

 

 

"I'm sorry~ Please don't make me sad." Dahyun pleaded with the TT pose.

 

 

Of course Sana couldn't stay mad at Dahyun and her adorable antics. "I was just joking. You know that right? Dahyunie the liar. And I like liars~" she got up and pulled Dahyun into a tight hug.

 

 

"Alright. Alright. Thank you." Dahyun tried and managed to free herself from Sana's embrace then sat on the swing next to Sana's.

 

 

"Did I make you wait? I'm sorry if I did." 

 

 

"Actually I just reached here. I wanted to come by earlier since I had dinner early today but I heard a great song on the radio and decided to figure it out on the piano before coming here."

 

 

The song that Dahyun heard earlier on was actually a soundtrack for the latest drama on TV. She has yet to check out the drama since she's occupied with school lately. The singer's voice was celestial, accompanied by soothing piano riff. Even though the song was entirely in English, when she looked up for the lyrics translations, it was perfect. It was the one. A perfect song for a special person on a (hopefully) perfect day, either Christmas Day or that someone's birthday. Or probably New Year's Eve. One thing that Dahyun is sure about is she has ample time to do her own rendition of the song and also work on her pronunciation for the lyrics. Brilliant! You can do this, Kim Dahyun! Fighting!

 

 

"Did you manage to?"

 

 

"Yeah. The whole song."

 

 

"Really? Wow, that's great Dahyunie! Which song was it?"

 

 

"I can't tell you yet, You'll know it, when I play it later." Dahyun sheepishly smiled.

 

 

"I'm curious. I'm going home now and I'll listen to the radio to guess which song it is. Bye~"

 

 

"B-but we just got here!"

 

 

"I don't wanna be grounded for staying out late."

 

 

"It's not even 9PM yet! Please don't go."

 

 

"I'm just kidding Dubu! Hihihi~ But I really look forward to that song! Promise?" Sana held out her pinky finger towards Dahyun.

 

 

"I promise." Dahyun entwined her pinky finger with Sana's.

 

 

 

 

"Happy Pepero Day, Sana-chan!" Dahyun reached in the pockets of her hoodie and pulled out 2 boxes of Pepero: chocolate and green tea flavored.

 

 

"Thank you~ Happy Pepero Day, Dahyun-chan! I got you these!" Sana gave Dahyun 2 boxes of chocolate-flavored Pepero.

 

 

"Thank you! I would've gotten you Cheese Kimbap-flavored Pepero but sadly they haven't been invented yet." Dahyun added.

 

 

"YAH! Stop teasing me. No one would want to taste and buy that flavor."

 

 

"I would and I'm not kidding. I'll probably send the Pepero company a suggestion to consider that flavor. So I got you these flavors instead, so you'll always remember me."

 

 

"Of course I'll always remember you, pabo."

 

 

"Too bad there's no Choco Pie Day." Dahyun said with a pout.

 

 

"Every day is Choco Pie Day for you, silly."

 

 

"Oh, that's right. Hahaha." Dahyun gently smacked her forehead.

 

 

"Aigoo. What a cutie patootie. Let's eat, Dahyunie."

 

 

 

And they both opened their boxes of Pepero and began snacking. They were indulging the Pepero's crunchiness and sweetness whilst enjoying each other's presence. Dahyun took another Pepero stick and started munching. At the same time, she counted the stars up in the night sky. If she were to count them all, that's definitely impossible. So, she only counted those bright stars. One bite for one star.

 

 

"Dahyunie, what's up? Sana broke the silence.

 

 

"The stars."

 

 

Sana looked up while nibbling on another Pepero "Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter