I never thought I'd catch this lovebug

Lovebug
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Dahyun unnie, don't you ever get tired of eating Chocopie every day?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Nope. Never ever. I'll never say never to Chocopie!" I replied.

"But you just said it. Three times." said Tzuyu.

"Huh? What did I say?" I asked while raising an eyebrow at her.

"You said you'll never say NEVER (to chocopie) but you mentioned it three times." And cue Savage Tzuyu.

"OOOH BURNNN!" Chae said as she snickered at Tzuyu’s comment.

"AISH!" I gritted my teeth and gave them the side-eye.

 

We are at the neighbourhood park, just hanging out at our usual spot which is the picnic table near the see-saws. There are a number of people here now, mostly kids of our age and some teenagers, probably because today is a weekday and the grown-ups won’t be here until later in the evening to exercise or to unwind after a long day at work. We came by the park slightly later than our usual time because right after we completed our homework at Tzuyu’s house, Chae insisted that we stay a little longer to watch cartoons first.

 

As I continued munching on my favorite snack, I see the other kids having fun. Some are on the monkey bars and on the swings and the older kids are playing frisbee and jump-rope. Also, farther away from the playground there are a few maintenance workers who are currently raking the leaves and watering the flowerbeds. My view went back to Tzuyu and Chae who are sitting opposite me. Chae’s coloring the picture she drew in her drawing book whilst Tzuyu is looking over her shoulder. I smiled at this sight but it wasn’t long before I heard a shriek (even though it was quite noisy here) and immediately turned my head towards the source.

 

 

"YAH! GET THOSE THINGS AWAY FROM ME!!"

and at the same time, I heard a burst of laughter from a group of boys.

 

"YAH! STOP IT! DON'T!"

 

I was curious and at the same time concerned, so I got up from my seat.

"Unnie, where are you going?" Chae and Tzuyu were rather puzzled with my sudden action.

"Uh, I gotta check up on something. Don’t go anywhere." and I hurried off.

 

I looked around and saw a group of boys surrounding a girl near a gazebo. Two of the boys were teasing her by waving some sort of plastic toy insects near her face while the rest were laughing at and mocking her pleas. As I came closer to the group, another boy dashed towards the girl and touched her shoulder then yelled “THERE’S A SPIDER! ON YOUR SHOULDER HAHAHAHA.”

 

The group the burst into another laughter which made the girl squealed and then broke into tears. She covered her face with her hands.

It’s her. Sana unnie. No one messes with my adorable-with-round-glasses-and-pigtails Sana unnie!

 

I walked up behind the boys and shouted, “YAH! LEAVE HER ALONE!”

The boys were startled and immediately went quiet. They turn around and saw me. I heard them gasp.

“K-Kim D-da-dahyunn??!!” said the spider boy.

“Yup, that’s me.”

The rest of them gasped and looked at each other.

“Y’all better scram now, before I call Chaeyoung and Tzuyu here too if you don’t want to feel pain as if all 207 of your bones are broken.”

“207? I thought there are only 206 bones in a human body” said one of the boys.

“Yeah, 207. Because you’re boys.” I smirked.

The boys gulped at the statement and spider boy exclaimed “WE’RE OUT OF HERE!” and they bolted their separate ways.

 

Yeah, I thought so.

 

I picked up the plastic toys the boys dropped on the grass, turns out they were fake cockroach and centipede. Those idiots, I huffed to myself then placed the toys inside my pockets. I quickly went to Sana; whose cries begin to subside when I called her name.

“Sana unnie, it's me. Dahyun. It’s okay. They’re gone now.” I said softly as I placed my hands on her shoulders. She slowly lowered down her hands from her face. Her cute round glasses were fogged.

“Not yet, howw-about-tt-the-ss-spp-ider? I think it’s in my hair now.” she said in between sobs.

 

I instantly looked at her right shoulder, where spider boy placed the spider and saw a piece of lint near my left thumb and chuckled. I took off her glasses and wiped them with my shirt and put it back on. Then I picked the lint and said, “Sana-chan, look. There’s no spider at all, please don’t cry anymore.”

Sana stopped crying and looked at the piece of lint. “Tsk. Pabo.” She sneered.

“What pabo? Who? Me?”

“I meant me! You must think that I’m scaredy-cat or being silly because I’m afraid of an itsy-bitsy spider and bugs even though I’m way bigger than them!”

 

I let out a small laugh. She’s so adorable!

“See? You think so too.” Her lips protruded in a sulky pout.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter