Chapter 2

Robbery Gone Wrong (Or Maybe Right?)

Author's note:

I made an error. I forgot something in the previous chapter that makes this chapter more clear. It's there now, but you don't have to reread it. I'll give you a summary: Seokjin was going to go out to the movies with Ken, his friend, that day, but because of how negative the day was for him, he decided to cancel and rest at home instead. Just remember that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Jungkook was bored out of his skull.

 

    He was currently sitting at a table, with his head in his hand. Taehyung and Jimin were on his left, chatting about the last raid they did, where they successfully managed to get antique goods that sold for a good price. Hoseok and Yoongi were sitting across from him, on a laptop, trying to see if anyone in their area was boasting on social media about going somewhere on vacation.

 

    Jungkook had just gotten up from a nap, since he didn’t get to sleep last night because he was planning for a heist, but just getting up had clearly taken a toll on him. He was so groggy, he didn’t realize that a member of their section was missing. As he slowly got a bearing of his surroundings, the realization that a member was gone made him sit up, removing his head from his hand.

 

    “Where’s Namjoon-hyung?”

 

    Yoongi looked up from his search. “He’s on a raid right now. You know, the one with the college student who said he’d be out today? The one who got his apartment and tuition paid up front by his parents?”

 

    Jungkook remembered the mission given out to Namjoon the previous day. “Oh, that’s right.”

 

    Hoseok sighed and then looked towards the door. “Yeah, but Joonie left more than two hours ago. Considering how far the apartment is, he should have been back by now.”

 

    The five people, Taehyung and Jimin having quieted down and tuned in at Jungkook’s first question, looked down with looks of concern. They all had the same wish in their brain. They all knew what they did was dangerous and wrong. But they needed it. They just hoped that Namjoon was okay.

 

    Then a buzz was heard. Yoongi took out his phone and peaked at it. His eyes widened, and he stood up making his way to the door. “He’s back.”

 

    Jimin smiled, but his eyes were full of worry. “That’s great! But why are you storming off?”

 

    Yoongi stopped and looked back. “I’m not storming off, I’m headed towards Namjoon.”

 

    “Why?”

 

    Yoongi just stared for a moment, making the people at the table uneasy. “Because he’s never alerted me of his return before.”

 

    The members exchanged glances, and then jumped up and followed Yoongi out the door.

 

    The members rushed to the stairs, running down them as if a serial killer was following them. They reached the end and rushed through doors, until they made it to the lobby. There they saw Namjoon entering with a large, heavy looking back on his back.

 

    “Joonie!” Hoseok called out, eyes roaming over Namjoon, looking for any problems. “Are you okay?”

 

    Namjoon stopped and looked to them, perplexed. “Yeah, I’m fine. Why are you asking?”

 

    Yoongi stepped forward, answering. “Well, for one, you have a clump of dried blood on the back of your head,” the members looked horrified as Namjoon’s hand jumped to the back of his head, “and you’ve never felt the need to notify me on previous missions.”

 

   Yoongi approached Namjoon with a hardened gaze. “Now spill. What’s wrong?”

 

    Namjoon gently set the bag down on the floor, ad Jungkook noticed that there were several large lined cut into the fabric. Namjoon straightened up, then sheepishly started scratching the part of his head that wasn’t bleeding, as he started talking.

 

    “Well, there’s nothing wrong, per se. Or with me, at least. But there was a problem with the mission.”

 

    The others glanced at each other when Namjoon didn’t elaborate. “And the problem was…?” Taehyung said, trying to coax Namjoon on.

 

    Namjoon sighed. “I suggest that you sit down,” he said, gesturing to the couches behind them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    “So wait,” Yoongi said, hand massaging his forehead in frustration. “What you’re telling me is that you entered the apartment, not realizing that the owner was in fact inside his room at the time, and started stealing, where the owner then knocked you out, and when you woke up, you saw that the owner was calling the police, and you panicked, and you started choking him until he fell unconscious, and then you panicked even more, and proceeded to shove him into the bag, where you then cut holes in it so that he wouldn’t die, and then you brought him here. Did I miss anything?”

 

    Namjoon fidgeted, uncomfortable. Yoongi sighed and continued to massage his forehead.

 

    “What do we do now? Why’d you bring him, Joonie hyung?” Jimin said, alarmed.

 

    Namjoon looked up with exasperation. “I had to bring him! He say my face! He could have jeopardized everything!”

 

    Hoseok, who hadn’t said anything yet, realized something. “Wait!” he said, pointing at Namjoon. Everyone froze, waiting for what would happen.

 

    “That’s not all! There’s another reason you brought him, isn’t there!” Hoseok said, not really asking a question, gesturing to the large bag that contained a person next to Namjoon’s feet.

 

    Everyone swiveled their heads in Namjoon’s direction, waiting for his response. Namjoon looked Hoseok straight in the eye.

 

    “Yeah, I did.” And then Namjoon looked Jungkook straight in the eye, and then turned to Yoongi. “What should I do now?”

 

    Jungkook was bewildered. Why did Namjoon look at him? What does this person have to do with him?

 

    Yoongi started speaking. “Okay, I think you should-”

 

    Taehyung gasped loudly, interrupting Yoongi. “Namjoon!” he said, staring at his hyung. “Did you bring that person here because he fit Kookie’s TYPE???

 

    And then Jungkook had a flashback to a certain moment, a few years back.

 

/////flashback/////

 

    Jungkook was at his department. The group had just had a successful raid, enough to get them praise from the director himself. They decided to celebrate. With booze, of course. Jungkook, being only 17, was not old enough to drink, so they gave him orange juice. And the celebration had just started, so no one was plastered yet.

 

    The members had just started talking about relationships when Hoseok gave an exaggerated gasp. “We don’t know Kookie’s type!”

 

    Now, that topic may seem strange, but this group was very close in nature. They all knew a lot about everyone else. And that included their attractions in a person. Except, for some reason they didn’t know Jungkook’s.

 

    “Yeah!” Taehyung added, agreeing with Hoseok. “We know you’re bi, but what is your type, Jungkookie??” he said, leaning forward closer to Jungkook.

 

    Jungkook was feeling very uncomfortable at the moment. “Umm, I-, maybe-, uhh…”

 

    “Better start talking, kid,” Yoongi said. “None of us are letting you out of this.”

 

    Jungkook looked around at everyone, who were indeed waiting for him to speak. They definitely weren’t going to bail him out. He sighed.

 

   “Okay. Well, what I like in a person is…” Jungkook thought in his head. What did he like in a person? As he fantasized, he started saying the traits that appealed to him.

 

    “Umm, I want them to be… slightly shorter than me? Not by too much, though. I also want them to be cute. Like, like pretty. Big eyes, maybe plump lips? Uh, pretty fit. I want them to be pretty strong as well. But I want them to ask me for things! I want them to be kind and silly, and I want them to depend on me. But not so much that they can’t do anything themselves. I want them to be able to say ‘No!’ to me if they don’t like my decision. I want-”

 

    “I think he’s saying that he’s a masochistic top.” Jimin said, causing everyone to start laughing. Jungkook pouted, as he was interrupted, but then started smiling cutely at the fun moment the group was having.

 

\\\\\reality\\\\\

 

    Jungkook came back to the moment as Yoongi started speaking again.

 

    “Okay.” Yoongi turned to Namjoon. “Take him to one of the bedrooms that’s unused and put him in the bed. Make sure he’s comfortable, with blankets and pillows, but chain his left foot to the bottom of the bed so he can’t escape.”

 

   Namjoon nodded and stood up, proceeding to grab the bag.

 

    “Oh, and Jungkook.” Jungkook turned to Yoongi, who was looking at him. “If you want, you can go with Namjoon to check the guy out.”

 

    Jungkook debated in his mind, but before he could make a decision, he heard someone calling his name. He turned to see Yugyeom in a doorway. Yugyeom gestured for Jungkook to come with him. Jungkook got up and left, still very curious about the strange man in the bag.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Jungkook was pretty exhausted after his task. He was supposed to oversee someone breaking into a small house. It went well, but overseeing always left Jungkook unnerved.

 

    Jungkook was walking towards his room when he remembered Yoongi’s words. “Take him to one of the bedrooms that’s unused… If you want, you can… check the guy out.”

 

    Well, Jungkook was very curious. And he was near the extra bedrooms. Might as well. Jungkook headed towards the first empty room. He opened it gently, and seeing a well made bed, he gently closed it. This repeated for three more rooms, until he opened the fourth room.

 

    In this case, not third, but fourth time’s the charm.

 

    Jungkook opened to door to see a person lying on the bed, blanket covering them. As Jungkook looked closer, he saw that one of the feet that was poking out had a chain on it that was tied to the foot of the bed. Feeling reassured, Jungkook walked forward and around the bed, standing near the top where the person’s head and torso was. He kneeled down, and gently raised his hand to clutch at the comforter.

 

    Jungkook saw that his hands were shaking, and mentally chided himself. Knock it off, Jungkook, he thought. The chances of this person being your ‘soulmate’ are 1 in more than 7 billion. There’s no way.

 

    Jungkook took a deep breath, and swiftly pulled off the comforter. He laid his eyes on the person’s face. His mouth dropped.

 

    OH MY GOD. THIS PERSON’S AN ANGEL.

 

    Jungkook gaped at the man. He had plump rosy lips, pale skin with no blemishes, and dyed pink hair. As Jungkook moved the blanket down further, he could see the person was wearing a pastel pink sweater, which was bunching up around his waist. And as Jungkook was pushing the sweater down to prevent it from wrinkling, he noticed that the person had really broad shoulders. They were as wide as the ocean! Okay, not really.

 

    Jungkook’s attention went back to the man’s face. He just sat there, staring, as his head slowly tilted to one side, expression becoming soft and loving. He brought his hand up to caress the man’s face, feeling his soft skin. The man just looked so… pure and innocent.

 

    Jungkook didn’t notice, but with each passing second he was falling harder and harder for this mystery man. He was mesmerized.

 

    Jungkook continued to stare as his mind became blank, focusing only on him. Jungkook thought only one, single thing.

 

    You’re finally here…


    My Gardenia.