Maknae in Love

Yeri and her Unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, when are we going to tell our members?" Jeon Jungkook smiled down at the beautiful girl in his arms. The two lovestruck teenagers were walking hand in hand through Han River Park. It was dark and cold outside as it was past 10 at night already but they couldn't care less as long as they were together. "Tell them what?" Yerim looked up at her boyfriend of a few weeks. To be completely honest, she had an inkling of what he was referring to but she hoped he would just drop it.

"You know what I'm talking about," Jungkook laughed, "when are we going to tell them about us?" Yeri cringed at the thought of telling her unnies about her first boyfriend. She knew about their opinions on dating at such a young age and she didn't want to disappoint them.

"Listen," the girl started, "I would love to tell them but you know how they are. Irene still thinks I'm too young to leave the dorm on my own, she won't approve of me dating anyone. What if they tell management? If my manager unnie finds out, she's gonna kill me. Especially because you're not signed to SM. And what if-" - "Hey, babe!" Her rambling was interrupted by her boyfriend, who stopped walking and turned to face the younger girl, "You worry too much. But if you're not ready to tell them yet, that's completely fine! I don't wanna pressure you into doing something you don't want to do."

Yeri let out a deep breath she didn't even know she was holding in. She didn't know what she did to deserve such a gentle and nice boyfriend but she certainly wasn't complaining. She smiled up at him, "You're the best, you know that?" - "I've been told!" Jungkook grinned before closing the gap between their lips. It was slow and gentle but full of emotions. They were only young but that didn't change the fact that both of them were absolutely head over heels for the other one. Half a minute later they separated again, "I should walk you home now. Your curfew is in less than 30 minutes we both know that Irene won't allow you to go out at all next week if you're not home in time. I'm surprised Wendy hasn't called you to check up on you yet!"

The girl laughed and nodded in agreement as she pulled out her phone to check the time, "She texted me, though. Oh, Seungwan unnie!" Wendy was known for worrying too much about basically everything, especially Red Velvet's maknae line. Joy and Yeri's curfew was at 11 pm but if they weren't back at the dorm by 10 she would call or text them to make sure they were okay and back on time. It was cute, Yeri thought.

Both teenagers continued to walk hand in hand towards the dorm. They came to a halt in front of the building and turned towards each other yet again. "Am I going to see you tomorrow, beautiful?" The boy caressed Yer's cheek. "I'm not sure. We have schedule the entire day. Radio interview in the morning and Music Core in the afternoon," she sighed. 

"Music Core? Guess we'll see each other there. We're performing, too!" Jungkook smiled causing his girlfriend to grin as well. After a few more minutes of talking and kissing, they finally managed to say goodbye for the day. When Yeri was in the elevator, she leaned against the wall and smiled. Never in her life has she been this happy. Their career was going great and she had the probably best boyfriend in the world. What more could she ask for? The sound of the elevator stopping ripped her out of her thoughts. She still had a content smile on her lips as she unlocked the front door and entered. 

As she kicked off her shoes, she heard footsteps coming closer, "Yeri-ah?" Wendy appeared in the doorway, "oh thank God, I was worried something might have happened to you!" - "Everything's fine, unnie. Perfect even," she whispered the last part but the 94-liner still managed to catch it. She furrowed her eyebrows, "What's up with the good mood and that dreamy smile on your face?" Not knowing what to answer, Yerim just shrugged and luckily Seungwan didn't ask any further questions. Irene, however, did. When the teenager walked through the living room in order to go to her and Joy's bedroom, she passed the groups' leader, who immediately asked, "Where were you all day?"

"Umm... I was out. With Saeron. We had sushi," she tried to sound as convincing as she could. She hated lying to her unnies but they wouldn't allow her to see Jungkook anymore if they knew so the truth just wasn't an option. Irene eyed her suspiciously at first but then nodded, which made Yeri breathe out in relief before she rushed to her bedroom.

"You look like a deer caught in the headlights," Sooyoung laughed as Yeri entered the room, "did anything happen?" Joy was seated on her bed with a magazine on her lap. Out of all the unnies, she was closest to her. Yeri had contemplated telling Joy about Jungkook before as she knew that the taller girl wouldn't get mad at her or ever tell someone. Yet she couldn't get herself to build up the courage to actually open and talk to her so she just shook her head as she walked over to her own bed and threw herself in. Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows before placing the Vogue magazine on her bedside table and sitting down next to the maknae, "Yah, Yeri? Is everything alright?"

The younger girl smiled at her unnie, "Yes, I'm just tired since I've been out all day." In reality, she was just nervous. She knew she would have to tell her members about her relationship sooner or later because if they found out themselves, they would surely be even angrier at Yeri for lying to them. "You know you can tell me everything, right?" Yeri bit her lip and nodded in response. Should she just tell her? It was obvious that Sooyoung knew there was something going on with the maknae, after all.

"I-...." Yerim stuttered out, "Unnie? Have you ever been in love?"  The two of them were really close but they had never discussed anything along the lines of guys and love because their unnies thought they were too young to even think about it. Joy's gaze softened, "I guess you could say I had a high school sweetheart when I was your age. Didn't last very young, unfortunately. Why are you asking?" The older girl had an idea as to why Yeri wanted to know that, but she didn't want to force Yeri into telling her something, she wasn't ready to talk about.

The maknae contemplated her next move, before opening again, "Well, there's this boy an-," she was interrupted by her friend squealing in excitement, "Oh my God! Sorry, please keep talking!" - "As I said, there's this boy and I've been seeing him for quite some time, " she looked up cautiously to see if Joy was mad or anything, luckily she found her member smiling down at her, "How long has this been going on? And what exactly is going on with him and most importantly, who is it?" Yeri giggled at Joy's curiosity. She felt like a heavy weight was lifted off her shoulder, now that she told her. "About ten weeks. I'm sorry I'm only telling you about this now but I was nervous and I didn't even know if it was going to last this long so I figured I would just not talk about it. Especially in front of the others, you know how they are! They're so over-protective over us. I mean, remember that one time they caught Chenle from NCT Dream staring at me? They scolded him and told me to be careful around him! Absolutely insane. Imagine if-," - "Yeri. You're rambling. It's okay, I totally get it. And yeah, the others are nuts. Don't worry about it, I will keep my mouth shut around them. But now tell me who it is and what level this relationship is at?"

Yeri blushed and whispered, "It's Jungkook." Joy's eyes widened and she yelled, "Jungkook?" before Yeri could cover with her hand, "Shh, are you insane? The others could hear you!" - "Sorry, but this was just very unexpected. I thought it was somebody from your school and not another idol. How did this even happen?" The older girl paced through the room in disbelief.

"We started talking back when we were promoting Russian Roulette. Kept in touch after promotion ended via text message," Yeri recalled, "then when Seulgi and I were in the accident, he visited me in the hospital whenever he could. One thing led to the other and now we're dating." - "Woah, hold on. You're officially dating him? Like boyfriend/girlfriend? This is quite serious then. Have you two kissed yet?" Joy stopped pacing and sat down on her own bed, which was right next to Yeri's so she could look her in the eyes. Yeri's face crimson red as she nodded shyly, "We have." Sooyoung had a cheeky grin on her face as she watched the maknae, "Ooh la la. Just kissing? Or..." - "Yes, just kissing, Joy!" Joy giggled in Yerim's embarrassment.

"As much as I enjoy teasing you about this," Joy sighed, "I think we should go to bed. We gotta get up in less than six hours. But you're not off the hook! I want to know every single detail of your relationship. Aw, my baby is growing up!" Yeri rolled her eyes in a sarcastic manner, before getting ready for bed. She was glad she decided to tell Sooyoung about Jungkook. She had taken it in better than she had expected. Maybe the others wouldn't get mad either, after all?

 

They were up early the next day. Too early for Yeri's liking. Currently, the girls of Red Velvet were seated around a big table with microphones in front of everybody, while the radio DJ opened the show. It started off as usual with an introduction, their group chant, and ridiculous old men, requesting them to do aegyo. Yeri hated it, almost as much as Wendy unnie. The only person she was willing to do aegyo for was her beloved boyfriend. The interview continued with questions about their new album Rookie, which Irene answered before anybody else had the chance to even open their mouth. Yeri didn't bother to listen since she had memorized Irene's summaries from listening in previous interviews. What the DJ said next, however, caught her attention.

"Our male listeners want to know what you're ideal type is!" Yeri could feel her cheeks getting red as she thought about Jungkook. She noticed Joy smirking at her, which didn't help at all. "Joy," the radio host started, "let's start with you. Your grin is telling me you have someone in mind!" But Joy unnie just laughed, "Nooo, I just remembered something funny. Let me think! My ideal type is someone who takes care of me, I guess."

"We'll just pretend to believe you! Next up, Yeri! What about you?" But before Yeri could answer, Wendy cut in, "She's too young to even be thinking about this!". Seulgi and Irene nodded in agreement. Joy raised her eyebrows as she and the maknae exchanged looks. Yeri was quite sure now that she would have to hide her relationship a while longer. She gulped and sunk her head.

The rest of the interview went by fairly quickly to everybody's relief. "What do you guys want for lunch?"  manager unnie, Hyemin, asked, "We have two hours before Music Core." - "Sushi!" Seulgi yelled excitedly but Irene suggested, "Korean BBQ?" - "Noo, you decided last time. Sushi is better. Yeri agrees with me! Right, sushi buddy Yerim?" The maknae giggled at the two oldest members but nodded. "Well, I am the leader." 

After another while of arguing, Irene won. As always. Seulgi had a pout on her face when they entered the restaurant Irene chose. While they were eating, Yeri couldn't help thinking about her current situation. She knew that Jungkook really wanted their friends and family to know about their relationship and she felt like she was keeping him from being fully happy by refusing to tell anyone. Yerim sighed as she tried to pay attention to her unnies' conversation. "I can't believe they would ask a child about their ideal type," Irene shook her head, "a professional radio DJ should know how inappropriate that is." The maknae gulped as she met Joy's sympathetic glimpse. The 96-liner, who was sat next to her, patted her knee soothingly, telling her everything would be alright.

 

Their schedule then brought them to Music Core, where Yeri knew she would finally see her precious boyfriend again. She felt as if she hadn't seen him in a long time when it's actually been just about 14 hours. Jungkook. Even the thought of him made the butterflies in her tummy go crazy. She was practically squealing to herself. She felt as if she was the luckiest girl in the world as cheesy as it sounds. Luckily, it was only her and Joy in the waiting room because the others would have surely questioned her about her good mood. "Thinking about your boyfriend?" Sooyoung grinned and sat down on the couch next to the maknae, who started blushing as she nodded. "I wanna get to know him personally," the older girl stated, "if he's gonna be my brother in law one day I need to know who we're dealing with!" - "Unnie! I'm only 18. That's too soon to be speaking about marriage!" The blush on her face intensified, which made Joy laugh.

"I'm just saying, you've been dating for a while and I want to know who my little siste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter