Chapter 1

The Phone Swap

"Yoona! You shouldn't be walking around randomly. What happened if you were to get lost?" Someone called out that made Yoona get out of her daze. 

She nodded as she stared around. She was currently at one of the most popular music show that there was in Korea. Being a trainee, her company decided to let her and a group of her friends to follow her seniors on their work to get an idea of what was going on in the music industry.

Her senior/best friend, Bang Minah, pulled her along with her. "I really can't help you if you get lost. You know how big this place is." She protested which Yoona gave a sheepish smile to. She didn't mean to get so distracted. She was just wanted to get some pictures of the studio.

"Where are we going now?" She asked, as they walked down the long corridor. "Eunha wanted to take a look at some of the idols' performances, so we are bringing you guys to the stage area." 

She nodded as they walked around and got introduced to the passing different groups that were currently promoting. 

The loud music could be heard as they entered the stage area. Fanchants and screaming were added along as well. It was definately a popular group that was on the stage as the chants were really loud. 

She was really excited to take a peek at the performing group but there was really a lot of people around. While she was too distracted, she accidentally knocked into one of the person. "It's fine." Someone responded which she nodded to before quickly joining her friends who were at the corner of the stage where some drinks were provided. 

"Are you sure we can drink those, Sohye?" She asked as she saw another of her friends helping themselves to the drinks.

"It's fine! Hyeri-noona said that it was alright!" The cheerful girl protested as she threw two bottle. Yoona hurriedly placed her stuff on the table to catch those drinks. "Pass them to the rest too!" She said. Yoona shook her head before doing as she was told. 

It didn't take long for them to be done with that area since it was really crowded due to the fact that everyone was busy with things that they were supposed to do. "How was the trip guys?" Sojin asked, looking at the group of girls as she quickly made sure that no one was missing. 

All of them nodded excitedly as they had learnt a lot today. As an upcoming debuting group, this experience would surely be helpful to them.

"Okay, make sure you don't lose anything. I won't want to come back here again." Yoona quickly checked her bag for her items before remembering that she had left her things around. "I forgot something! Let me go and get it real quick!" She shouted as she ran back to where she had went just now. 

She was actually really worried that her phone and her wallet would be lost. They were part of a gift that her family members had given her for her upcoming debut and she won't want to lose them so quickly, although she might lose things easily.

Thankfully, it wasn't taken away. She let out a sigh of relief when she noticed that her items were still on the table. However, a lot of people were around that area which prevented her from taking it quickly.

"Yoona, hurry. We need to go back to the company soon!" Minah's voice could be heard and she noticed that Minah had followed her to make sure that she doesn't go missing. Nodding her head, she quickly rush to take her things and placed it inside her small handbag before rushing off.


"Good job guys!" Jisung smiled as they took a drink after the vigorous dance. 

The rest smiled in response to the mother of the group. "So what's up next?" Minhyun asked, noticing that the MCs had started talking. 

"I think we got a radio schedule. After that, we have a rehearsal before going to sleep." Their manager replied, having memorised the schedule for the day. It was a common routine for them who had been busy since the start of their debut. 

"Which reminded me," he trailed off, looking at his watch. "We are going to be late. I completely forgot about the delay in the program just now." The boys all perked up at the news of that. Lateness was not an acceptable things when you are still a rookie.

"Let's hurry!" Jisung exclaimed as the rest nodded and got their items to their room. 

Quickly changing and getting their hair and make up done, they rushed off to their next job.


"Sohye, Yoona, Eunha, Minkyung, Jaekyung, Soohyun and Jihyun." Their manager called them one by one which they nodded to. "Your debut will be officially a week from now. I expect you guys to do your best and succeed alright? We won't confiscate your phones but don't get distracted! The president has high hopes for the seven of you. Do you understand?" She asked in a loud voice.

"Yes!" They chorused which got the stern manager to smile. "Alright, you guys had a late day with the rehearsal and everything. So get some rest." She informed before leaving the room.

With the manager gone, the atmosphere of the room lightened up as the members all slowly collapsed down on the ground. 

"I'm so tired!" Soohyun protested as she laid down on the floor and breathed heavily from the practice that they had immediately after the lesson.

Sohye laughed, throwing a bottle of water to her. "Who isn't?" Being the caring leader that she was, she passed all of them some drinks and towels.

Minkyung did an aegyo. "I love you Unnie." She said in a baby voice with finger hearts as she accepted the items gratefully.

"Don't be sick." Jaekyung protested as she looked at her sister. "Even our maknae Jihyun isn't acting cute." Jihyun laughed at that comment.

"She will have to do it soon anyways once we debut." Minkyung said as she stared at her older twin sister. "I am the third youngest too." She stuck her tongue out. 

Sohye shook her head at their antics. "Have anyone of you guys decided on a stage name? You know we will need to submit it 3 days before our debut latest if we want to have one." She reminded her younger members, being the oldest. 

"I am going to get one!" Eunha raised up her hands in excitement. Since there was already a Eunha-sunbae in Gfriend, she wanted something else.

"I might to!" Yoona raised her hands as well. 

Sohye nodded. "Anyone else?" The rest shook their head. "I will think about it!" Jihyun said.

"By the way, whose phone is that? It just keep vibrating. It is making my body shake too." Minkyung said as the floor vibrated along with it. 

Sohye looked at the bags besides her. "it's yours, Yoona." Hearing her name, she quickly stretched out her hands. "Unnie, pleaseee." Sohye groaned but still stood up to pass her the phone. 

Yoona quickly picked up the phone. "Hello!"

"Who's that? Is it your secret boyfriend?" Jaekyung teased which Yoona threw her towel at her. "I don't have one." She stucked her tongue out, having an idea who would be calling anyways. Usually at this timing, it would only be her best friend or her family member.

"Hello." A guy's voice appeared, surprising her. "I'm the owner to the phone that you are currently using." A polite voice made Yoona even more surprised.

The members continued talking about their stage names while leaving Yoona to talk.

Yoona quickly looked at the caller ID to see her own number reflecting instead. "You have my phone?" She asked. "How did you get it?" 

The guy seemed to be flustered at her question. "I think we might have accidentally changed our phone somewhere, although I have no idea when." Yoona paused at that, she was not surprised. She had the habit of leaving her phone somewhere always and forgetting it. This was the first time this happened though. 

"Will you be free to change it back with me?" He asked, making Yoona return her attention back to the phone call. 

She bit her lips at that question before looking at the time. "It is impossible for me to meet up with you currently." She explained since she had a curfew where they were supposed to be back at their dorms unless they were at practice rooms. "When will you be free the next time?" She asked, she had a week before her debut so she still had a bit of a free time. 

"Erm, i am not too sure myself. I will update you tomorrow?" He suggested which Yoona agreed to. 

She nodded. "I should be free in the late afternoon." 

"Alright. By the way, I am Euigeon. Since we have each other's number, we should at least get to know each other's name, right?" He chuckled which made Yoona smiled as well.

"Nice to meet you. I am Yoona." She introduced herself. "I am currently a student."

Euigeon nodded. "Oh right, my password is 0000 by the way. I realised that yours didn't have one so I called you instead." He added on.

"Ah, that's because I had that phone a few days back only. I didn't have a chance to make a password lock yet." She explained, looking at her members who were staring at her due to her using the phone that long. 

"Yoona, we got to go back soon!" Sohye shouted which Yoona nodded to. "I got to go Euigeon, I will contact you soon!" She said, cutting off whatever he was about to say and hung up.

Sh quickly gathered her things. "Who was that?" Jaekyung asked as she stared at the clumsy girl. "Just someone." She didn't wanted to cause unnecessary worries between her group mates. With her group caring ability, they would definitely joined her when exchanging the phone or inform their manager. She didn't wanted anyone to know about it.


Daniel lazed on the couch while he was waiting for his turn for the toilet. The members were taking turns to shower after sweating a large amount from their practice just now. He casually took out his phone to play with some games and was surprised to see a picture of Guanlin staring back at him. 

"Whoa, who touched my phone?" He called out, getting the attention of his group mates. "What are you talking about Daniel?" Jihoon asked him as he stared at the phone.

"Whoa, I didn't know you liked Guanlin that much." The wink boy commented. "No! Someone changed my phone picture!" The blond protested as he stared at s. All of them shook their head. 

"Daehwi? Seungwoo?" He asked, since they were more playful ones in the group but they shook their head. Daniel sighed and slided the phone to type in his password to realise that there was none.

Not to mention, his icons and everything was back to default. There was barely anything. He quickly scroll through quickly and went to the pictures instead. There was nothing there except for some images of the broadcasting studio. He stared at it.

He had the sinking suspicion that this wasn't his phone. He quickly dialed his own phone to confirm it. 

The fact that the phone had gotten through made him sure that this wasn't his phone. "Hello?" The other end of the phone call made it even sure for him.

Jinyoung was staring at him. "Hyung, who are you calling?" Daniel made a sign for him to stay quiet which caught the rest of s attention. He wanted some peace while talking to the person.

"Hello." He said before getting to his point straight. "I'm the owner to the phone that you are currently using." That was the first thing that came out of his mouth which surprised him. Was there no better way to phrase it? He wanted to smack his forehead at his stupidity.

"You have my phone?" She sounded really surprised which Daniel couldn't fault her for. He was surprised too. "How did you get it?"

Daniel paused at that, remembering the fact that he could have accidentally taken her phone instead since he was in a rush for the next schedule the whole day.

Daniel started. "I think we might have accidentally changed our phone somewhere, although I have no idea when."

The pause in the phone call made him nervous. When it took a while, he asked another question. "Will you be free to change it back with me?" He ruffled his hair at that. Daehwi stared at his hyung. "Are you serious?" He mouthed to the blond guy who nodded.

"It is impossible for me to meet up with you currently." Daniel looked at the clock. 2.43am. He wasn't surprised if that was the case. "When will you be free the next time?" 

Daniel froze at that sentence. He had no idea when he was free to be honest. "Erm, I am not too sure myself. I will update you tomorrow?" He said, taking down a note to ask his friends about it later. He usually don't keep a track of that. Jisung would definitely have an idea.

"I should be free in the late afternoon." She updated him for the next day schedule which he nodded to. 

"Alright. By the way, I am Euigeon. Since we have each other's number, we should at least get to know each other's name, right?" He noticed that he had forgotten about introducing himself. However, to be safe, he used his real name as he didn't want her to know about his identity.

It wasn't as though he had definitely labelled her as a stalker fan but he didn't wanted her to suddenly announcing to everyone and the news spreaded and such.

"Nice to meet you. I am Yoona." Yoona introduced herself, which Daniel remembered quickly. "I am currently a student." This explained why she was only free in late afternoon. 

Daniel quickly changed the topic about his career. "Oh right, my password is 0000 by the way. I realised that yours didn't have one so I called you instead." He added on. He had a simple password on just in case he had forgotten about it. However, this made it easily accessible to s too.

Yoona quickly explained. "Ah, that's because I had that phone a few days back only. I didn't have a chance to make a password lock yet." 

"Okay, then would you mind if I--?" He was about to seek her permission in making a password when she cut him off.

 "I got to go Euigeon, I will contact you soon!" She said quickly and hung up.

He sighed when the call ended. "Did you really exchanged your phone with someone?" Daehwi quickly asked which he nodded to. 

"Argh, I don't know. Anyways since Minhyun hyung is out, it is my turn to shower." He noticed Minhyun who was standing near the bathroom door and drying his hair with his towel. He quickly saved his own number on the phone.

Daniel looked at the curiosity in 's eyes. "Do NOT touch that phone while I am showering. I will explain later." He stated as he got his items. Just when he was about to enter the washroom, he saw Jihoon nearly touching the phone. Daniel sighed and went to grab the phone and went to shower.


Chat with Yooooona ^^

Niel: I am so sorry for hanging up just now. My friends called me. >.<" [03:03]

[03:04] Yooooona ^^ : It's fine. I can understand. :)


Daniel stared at the fact that the KaKao username that he have. He took a peek at the profile picture that she had to find that it was a picture of her back facing the Namsam Tower with her arms widespread out. It seemed like he doesn't know how she looked like that.

Meanwhile, she doesn't know about his face too as his profile picture was just a picture of Seoul when it was dark in the night. His name might have given him away though.


[03:05] Yooooona ^^ : Do you mind if I changed the name for a while?

Niel: Of course! If only I get to change yours too. [03:05]

Niel: I mean Niel is a pretty cool nickname but i would prefer to see my own name if you get what I mean. [03:05]

[03:05] Yooooona ^^ : Yeah sure.

"Yooooona ^^" has changed his/her name to "Euigeon"

"Niel" has changed his/her name to "Yoona"

Yoona: Ah, I got a notification from a group called "1x1=1" [03:06]

Yoona: What should I do? >.< [03:06]

Yoona: Should I tell them that we exchanged phone? [03:06]

[03:06] Euigeon: What did the notification say?

Yoona: Let me check. [03:06]

[03:06] Euigeon: Okay ^^

Yoona: Someone called "Lin" asked why did you changed your name to a female name. [03:08]

Yoona: A few of them then suddenly asked if I was the one who exchanged phone with you and started asking me some questions. ^^" [03:08]

Yoona: Should I answer them?" [03:08]

[03:09] Euigeon: You should be an admin in that group. Do you mind adding me in?

Yoona: Give me a minute. [03:09]


Daniel glared at s who were all suddenly very interested in that phone. "Didn't I just explain that we exchanged our phones?" Daniel asked his friends.

"Hyung, she seemed like a really nice person." Woojin commented as he typed in his phone. 

Daniel sighed. "Don't scare her away okay. We will need to keep our identities by the way.

If it was just a day, he wouldn't even add her number into this group. However, Jisung informed them that they were going to fly tomorrow afternoon and would only be back after a week due to some Japan activities. 


1x1=1

"Yoona" added "Euigeon" into the group chat.

Ong: Ah, Yoona, you don't really have to add him in. [03:12]

Mama: I agree, keke. [03:12]

Hwan: Third one to agree, keke. [03:13]

[03:13] Euigeon: Yah! 

Yoona: Well, he was originally in this group. [03:13]

Hoon: Yoona, how old are you? [03:14]

Lin: You know my mum always said that it was rude to ask that. [03:14]

Dae: We only wanted to get to know you well, Yoona. We don't mean anything bad :o [03:15]

WJ: We can always introduce ourselves first ^^ [03:15]

Yoona: That would be nice ^^ I am Yoona and i am born in 2000. [03:16]

Bae: We are the same age :o [03:16]

Min: I am Min and born in 1995, you can call me oppa ^^ [03:16]

Dae: Noona, i am younger than you. TT^TT Dae, born in 2001. [03:17]

Lin: ^ Same. I am Lin. ^^ [03:17]

Yoona: Are all of your real name one syllable? :o [03:17]

Ong: You will have to find out our names :P I am an oppa, born in 1995. [03:18]

Yoona: Ah! That's kind of unfair but okay xD [03:18]

[03.18] Euigeon: You know me, Euigeon, born in 1996.

Hoon: Hoon, 1999, an oppa. ^^ [03:19]

[03:19] Euigeon: You can ignore them if you want to, Yoona.

Mama: Yoon, 1991 and I am the oldest among them. [03:20]

Woon: You can call me Woonie oppa, 1994 ^^ [03:20]

Hwan: I want to be called Hwanie oppa :o [03:21]

WJ: Jin oppa for you then ^^/ [03:21]

[03:21] Euigeon: Yah, how can you randomly ask
her to call all of you oppas?

Yoona: So Young-sshi and I are the same age while 
              Dae-sshi and Lin-sshi are younger than me? [03:22]

Dae: Yup yup! [03:22]

Yoona: The rest are oppas. ^^ [03:22]

[03:23] Euigeon: Like I said Yoona, you can ignore them if you want to.

Hwan: Keep quiet, no one asked you. [03:23]

Yoona: I got a question :o [03:23]

Mama: You can ask anytime ^^ [03:23]

Yoona: Are all of you fans of Wanna One? [03:24]

Bae: ... [03:24]

Woon: Well, that's not wrong. [03:24]

WJ: KEKEKE [03:24]

Hoon: xD [03:24]

Yoona: I mean that group name is the title for their album and it seemed
                 like most of you have similar names to the members. [03:25]

[03:25]Euigeon: Are you a fan of them too?

Yoona: How did you know? [03:25]

[03:26] Euigeon: Your wallpaper ^^"

Hwan: Right! It was Guanlin on it right? [03:26]

Yoona: >////< My favourite member is Guanlin. [03:26]

Ong: Doesn't Seungwoo look better? [03:27]

Lin: I agree with you Yoona ^^ [03:27]

Yoona: (^O^)x(^O^) [03:28]

Yoona: Oppas and friends, I am so sorry I got to go and sleep already. ^^" [03:28]

Yoona: It was nice meeting all of you! [03:28]

Yoona: Euigeon, tell me when you will be free alright? [03:29]

Euigeon: Of course, good night and sweet dream Yoona ^^ [03:29]

Hwi: Good night! [03:30]

Bae: Sleep well. [03:30]

Hwan: Have a good night rest! [03:30]

Min: Sweet dreams ^^ [03:30]

Hoon: See you tomorrow :) [03:31]

Mama: Good luck for tomorrow :D [03:31]

Ong: I still think Seungwoo is better but good night ^^ [03:31]

WJ: Good night. [03:32]

[03:33] Euigeon: Stop messaging and let her sleep. With so many good
night messages, the vibration wouldn't let her sleep.

Woon: Sleep tight ^^ [03:33]

Lin: Last one: Sweet dreams ^^ [03:33]

[03:34] Euigeon: Seriously ._.

 

With the end of the conversation, the members greeted each other good night before going off to sleep. They wanted to catch as much sleep as they could as they had another long day the next day.