Stay clear and stay near me, don’t scatter, don't go far away

Contrail

Since our performance of Me Gustas Tu on that evil slippery stage was uploaded on youtube, Gfriend had gathered global attention. On many social networks and music sites, netizens left tons of comments encouraging us, showing their appreciation for our hard work. Besises that, there were still some mocking, savage remarks targeting a rookie girl group coming from a nugu company like us. But no matter how harsh these words could get, it’s undeniable that more and more people noticed us, which was a good sign, thanks to that fancam. That’s why we promised ourselves we must outshine that performance. We must prove that Gfriend deserve their recognition. During many weeks later, we received a great deal of interviews, photoshoots and invitations to variety shows. At that time, we really knew how it was once you were in the working wheel, you must run nonstop to achieve your next target and ours at that moment was the comeback with Rough.

 

"SinB, let's take a break! Everyone seems tired"

"Okay, Unnie. We'll be back in 20 minutes"

 

I went to my sports bag to take out a water bottle and drank it in one gulf. It's so tiring these days. I felt like my whole world was just spinning around work work, work and work. I barely had time to sleep or think about anything else or anyone else except Rough and ah well ...Sowon. Speaking of that giraffe, I wondered where she had gone. I started to scan around the room but I was the only one left in the room, other members had gone out to somewhere.

 

"Are you looking for me?" I suddenly felt myself embraced tightly by someone behind. Only Sowon could be this high with this long hair.

"You scare me, unnie!"

"Sorry Eunha. Tell me, are you looking for unnie?"

This unnie was really full of herself sometimes, but it felt so good being in her long arms.

"Unnie, you’re talking nonsense” I bowed my head, hiding my blushing face, “Where are other girls?”

“Of course in the restroom of the opposite building. Do you think that if we have a good comeback this week, we can ask our CEO to do over our restroom?”

Despite not looking back, I could still see her face reflected in the mirror. She’s amusedly smiling thinking a bright future for our group. A lot of people said that Yerin has smile eyes but had anyone thought Sowon also possess smile eyes? She looked a bit stupid when she smiled with her eyes closed but I just loved that no matter how silly she might turn out. Her smile was the most genuine I had ever seen. Everything about Kim So Jung was so true and I thought I was gradually drawn to this unnie. I loved watching Sowon talking. I love hearing Sowon mumbling absurd things. I loved being immersed in her scent just like now.

“Eunha? You haven’t answered unnie”

I smiled and then turned my head to face her.

“I don’t know unnie. I just wish the girls would drop by some convenience store to buy me a snack and maybe a water bottle because I don’t have any left”

“Really? You can take mine”.

When I realized she was about to drop hands off me to stand up, I immediately took them and pulled them to wrap around my body from behind again.

“Unnie, don’t leave me! I only have you left. Water can wait later.”

Sowon burst out in laughters, “Okie, unnie will stay with you, my kid”

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes. It was I that insist we just sit like this. Sowon… maybe just played the role of a big sister spoiling her little girl. But that’s enough for me, as long as I was the only one to receive this kind of privilege.

“Unnie, do you like Rough’s choreography?”, I asked while she was playing with my hair.

“Yes, I do. Don’t you?”

“ I love it”

“Which part do you like best?”

I smiled happily and closed my eyes, leaning all my weight onto the older girl behind, “I won’t tell you".

The perk of Rough is its choreography. The perk of the choreography is Sowon’s face. I can see it closely. She can see mine closely. Only two of us can see each other’s face, look into each other’s eyes. Only I know how much seeing her face makes me want to rush to her and bury my face in her neck.

“Hey, what are you two doing?” SinB and Yuju came into the room

“Haha, we’re waiting for your snacks”, Sowon stood up and pulled me along as Yerin handed us a pocky box.

Sowon instantly opened it and fed me one stick with her wide smile. Just when I was starting to enjoy Sowon’s care for me, the other four jumped up and asked for Sowon’s pockies.

“Unnie, feed me!”

“Unnie, give me some!”

“Unnie, let me have one”

Cackling with delight, Sowon asked the girls to line up and kindly fed every single one.

“I love you, unnie”, Yerin jumped to hug Sowon and then continued with Umji, SinB and Yuju.

“I love you too” Sowon hugged all of them and noticed me standing at the same place as ealier, “Come on Eunha, come here!”

I reluctantly stepped towards the girls and slowly joined in the big hug. I decided to stand between Yuju and Umji.

“ Let’s try our best for this comeback. I love all of my girls”, Sowon tightened her embrace and spoke out loudly.

 

But I only love you, Sowon.

 

“Ok, let’s go back practice”, SinB clapped her hands and every one quickly came to their position.

Here was Sowon, in front of me again. She’s smiling at me but I couldn’t fight back the unknown anger rising inside me to look at her face. I just gazed at nowhere and did my part.

 

After one hour, the practice finished and I hurriedly walked towards my bag to pack my stuff. I waited until everyone had left the room then I followed them. Sowon unnie was still walking ahead, laughing and teasing Yerin unnie.

 

Rough suddenly popped up in my head and kept playing one line.

“I try to approach you but we keep missing each other”