Chapter 6

The Subway Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Jinyoung woke up feeling tier than ever. The hangover he was sporting right now made him feel like a huge brick was dropped on his messy head. Jinyoung groaned while his hand was fumbling around the bed, looking for his phone. Few missed calls and messages from his friends were there waiting to be discovered.

“Jinyoungie… Are you okay? I’m gonna crash at Bam’s tonight.” – Jackson

“Dude, why did you leave without telling us?” – Jaebum

“Hyung... Is Mark hyung with you right now? – Yugyeom

Jinyoung halted upon reading the text sent by Yugyeom and proceeded to ignore a few unread ones. Mark. Jinyoung’s mind made a speedy flashback to what had happened last night. His heart was hurting and he didn’t even want to get up from his bed.

Jinyoung remembered how he tried to escape from the older after his sudden discovery about the older’s relationship. At that moment, he wanted nothing but to just scream and cry. He was having a hard time squeezing himself between those people in the club, trying to find the exit while Mark’s voice that was calling for him gradually became unheard.

He remembered how he simply walked to his apartment all alone at 1 in the morning. From places crowded with people to a serene surrounding at his apartment complex, Jinyoung just passed through everything feeling numb about everything.

He also certainly remembered how once he stepped his feet in his apartment, the tears started flooding like a waterfall and it was 4 in the morning when he fell asleep after the past hours of crying his heart out. He was grateful Jackson wasn’t home last night for he was sure he couldn’t bear the burden to tell his best friend about what had happened.

Jinyoung was taken back to the present when he noticed his cheeks turning wet. Here he was, crying again for the same thing. “Is this what heartbreak feels like?” Jinyoung kept sniffing while turning his gaze at the ceiling. “Why am I being ridiculous?”

He didn’t know how long had he stayed there throwing empty looks. It was only when someone entered his room with his booming voice that Jinyoung tore his gaze away.

“Wake up you lazy … Why are you still in bed?” Jackson skipped happily to the other’s bed but halted his steps upon seeing the condition his best friend was in.

The shorter guy was surprised to see Jinyoung’s disheveled state with trails of dried tears on his cheeks in the outfit that he was wearing yesterday indicating the latter didn’t even move from his position for a while and that was saying something since it was already 3 in the evening. Jinyoung was never the one to wake up this late even if it was weekend let alone skipped his morning shower.

Jackson was calculating his steps to the other before he decided to screw everything and just approached his best friend. Jackson realized how Jinyoung looked even worse up-close. He wasn’t sure that bloodshot eyes were due to the other’s hangover state or the fact that Jinyoung had been crying his eyes out. The latter seemed less appealing to Jackson though.

“Jinyoungie, what’s wrong? Tell me please.” Jackson pleaded as soon as he had situated himself on the bed in front of his best friend. The queen sized bed never seemed so cold whenever they were together, not until now.

Jinyoung instead of answering Jackson with words ended up sobbing once more. This time his victim was his best friend’s chest and no longer his pillow. Jackson couldn’t help but to embrace the other tightly in his arm; his own heart was breaking at the state his best friend was in.

“Nyoung, aren’t you gonna tell me?” Jackson was not at his dead end. He was clueless as to what to do. He only drew circles at the other’s back while waiting for Jinyoung to tell him about anything which fortunately the younger ended up spilling through his choked words.

“It’s… it’s about Mark.” The crying one started. Jackson now with his wrinkled forehead just stared at his best friend, not getting any hint from that short sentence well if it can even be considered as a sentence anyway.

“Oh my god, is he sick or something? I didn’t saw you both last night.” Jackson asked curiously, not even thinking about the ridiculousness of his question. Looking back he realized how stupid it was because there was no way Jinyoung would cry like that (not that crazy anyway) for that reason and if Mark was truly unwell, he for sure would be informed by Bambam because Yugyeom seems to tell the latter everything and the latter never keeps his mouth shut especially in front of Jackson.

“I – it’s just… I confessed last night.” Judging by Jinyoung’s state right now Jackson can pretty much assumed that things didn’t went well, but he didn’t exactly know how bad it was. He was waiting patiently for Jinyoung to spill the beans while still trying his best to comfort his best friend.

“It was stupid, Jackson.” Jinyoung scoffed while trying to control his tears. “He has a frigging girlfriend. Out of all the possibilities, it was the worst one because I foolishly in love with a straight person and a taken one at that.”

Jackson was taken aback with the sudden discovery, but it was Jinyoung’s next sentence that took him off guard.

“ we even kissed and when I told him that I like him, he looked at me with disgust. I never felt this before, Jacks.” Jinyoung was now back to sobbing; telling Jackson this thing out loud made everything made more surreal and he wasn’t ready to accept that.

“You kissed?” Jackson asked. “What? How? Why?” That guy honestly looked so lost right now like a little kid trying to figure out whether cotton candy was really made from cloud like how the adults always claimed it to be. He looked back at Jinyoung who was still in his arm.

“We talked and I had a little too much to drink. I didn’t know what leads me to that but the stupid me ended up kissing him and for a second I had a glimpse of hope when Mark actually kissed me back. However, when things went downhill after that I couldn’t just stay there so I ran away.” Jinyoung snickered to himself.

By now Jinyoung had stop crying and for Jackson that was actually worse because bottling-everything-inside Jinyoung was the one Jinyoung he hated to see the most. The quiet ones are always the dangerous ones because you don’t know what’s inside their head.

“I’m sorry to hear that, Nyoung. , I’m really sorry for suggesting the idea of confessing. Ugh I’m a ty best friend.” Jackson groaned. He didn’t see this coming because he honestly thought the redhead at least felt something for his best friend by the way he acted around the other.

“At least I get to face the reality now. Am I really not worthy, Jacks? Why does it hurt so much? Why did he have to look at me like that when I told him about my feelings?” Jinyoung turned to Jackson; asking for the answers Jackson couldn’t offer.

“Maybe he was shocked? Although that doesn’t stop the fact that he has a girlfriend. Dammit I should have at least asked Bambam about it before I suggested it to you. I’m really sorry, Jinyoungie.”

It was Jackson’s turn to feel like crying now because in his mind, he was the cause of his friend’s heartbreak. Had he not planted such idea in Jinyoung’s mind, things won’t turn out this way. Jinyoung looked up from his side when Jackson suddenly stood up to head outside.

“Where are you going?” Jinyoung had to ask because his best friend looked so determined.

“Remember I promised you a whole night mourning se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter