CLOSER

EVEN IF THE DESTINY IS AGAINST US

Seulgi fell on the floor as she lost her strength on her knees. Wonwoo helped her to sit in between her parents after hearing what the king has informed them. Her hands started shaking and her lips started to dry.

Namjoon presented a rolled old manuscript which he carefully unrolled it smells like an old abandoned place but none of them expressed their disgust with the odor. 

“This is the agreement between our ancestors. It’s because your ancestor risk his life for my great grandfather that’s why this was made. Being in a royal family, it’s our responsibility to implement what has been agreed upon even it has been made many years ago. You’re meant to marry my son Prince Jimin.”-Namjoon explained and confirmed once again.

“What if I wont agree to this? I don’t want to get married yet.”- Seulgi replied.

“I’m afraid our government acknowledges this agreement. In our law it’s a crime to disobey formal agreement like this. The marriage will not be soon since the prince is graduating this year. We’ll introduce you to the public after your training and lessons.”-Namjoon said.

“Miane your highness its not that my daughter wont agree to this but can you make her stay at the palace so she could know the prince well?”- Sungmin suggested.

“Appa!”- Seulgi worriedly in.

“There will be a vehicle that will pick her up tomorrow. It’s the initial plan, bring everything you want to bring your room will be spacious it can accommodate anything from this house.”-Namjoon said. “If you have no concerns I will make my way now.”

Namjoon left Seulgi’s family stuck with the situation. Sungmin rejoice and jumped out in joy as her daughter will get married to the prince. “I guess this is the reason why you were invited with that university!” 

“Appa.. Please tell me this is a dream.”- Seulgi said as she caresses her forehead for having a slight headache.

“It seems like there’s no way we cant say no to this.”- Yuri said. “Lets pack your stuffs after dinner.”

Jimin kept on walking repeatedly in his room. He found out from the butler that Namjoon went to Seulgi’s home to inform her about their marriage. He repeatedly bite his fingers as he cant contain himself. There are lots of thoughts running in his mind. 

“Come over”- Jimin called V and hanged up as soon as he picked up.

The two are seated opposite to each other in his room. V has already finished his  tea and waiting for Jimin to say a word but everytime he tries he immediately loss the words that he needs to say. 

“Prince Jimin we’re waisting our time.”-V said.

“Uh.. Well.. I am getting married.”- Jimin replied. 

“Everyone in the country knows that already Prince Jimin-aa.”- V replied.

“Well you think Kang Seulgi will like me?”-Jimin asked confidently.

“Kang Seulgi? Why would you ask?”- V asked him. It took him minutes to figure out that Jimin is telling him indirectly who her wife to be is. “You’re marrying Kang Seulgi?!” 

Jimin nods. “I am sorry I didn’t tell you.”

“Ah jinja I cant believe this how could she be the princess.. Is that the reason why is she enrolled at our school?” -V asked once again.

Jimin nods again and he finds it embarrassing to talk about Seulgi. They’ve been friends for years but they never talked about girls as they enjoy reading books, playing at the lake and playing music instruments together.

“Honestly I don’t know how will she react, she was never been a fan of the royal family.”- V honestly informed him.

“Will she like me?”-Jimin asked 

“Maybe, if you put a lot of effort to win her heart.”- V said.

V made reached their village and made his way home. However he saw Seulgi seated on the swing at the park. He bought an ice cream and offered it to her.

“Stop sitting there you’re already heavy. The kids my lost something to ride on when they play.”-V said and grabbed her to sit on the bench. “Whats wromg?”

“You won’t believe this.”-Seulgi said.

“What? You’re getting married?”- V told her.

“How did you know that?! Was it already posted online?”- Seulgi asked.

“Isnt it my Dad is the right hand of the king? I am friends with the Prince you know. He asked me if you’ll like him.”- V informed her.

“Jinjja? What did you told him?”

“I told him he needs to put a lot of effort since you’re not a fan of royal family.”

“Yah!”- Seulgi said as she hits him lightly “he might take it differently. I mean he should know what my answer would be. No one will reject him anyway if given a chance like this.”- Seulgi confessed.

“How are you feeling right now?”- V asked.

“I don’t know.. I just cant believe this kind of situation. Of all citizen of South Korea why me?” -Seulgi asked him.

“I don’t know.. Maybe you’re just lucky. Anyway its getting late we should go home now.”- V told her

“I’m gonaa miss you V. I’m sorry you have go to school alone.”- Seulgi apologized as if she has been withV when going to school.

Its Saturday and Seulgi was not used to wake up early every Saturday. Yuri rushed waking her up but she refuses to get up and covered herself instead. Her Mom pulled the blanket and informed her that the royal vehicle is waiting outside.

It made her freak out and breaking her morning routine every Saturday. She found the royal guards after 2 hours waiting outside her home and opened the car door for her. She gave kisses and hugs to her family and get inside the car.

She was fascinated by the car’s luxurious interiors. Its so neath and clean as if it wasn’t used before. The lock also uses sensors and the buttons to manipulate the window is as soft as a touch screen phone. She realized she should act decent so she put her hands on her lap and stayed seated as they hit the road.

The big gates opened and the gate guards didn’t raise their head until the vehicle hasn’t completely entered. It made her difficult to control how amazed she was with the view. The road feels so smooth and green grass surrounds the palace.

The butler opened the door for her and offered his hand to guide her outside. 20 maids bowed at her and she bowed back at them she feel awkward as some of the maids are older than her. Seulgi didn’t bother to follow the butler as her head and body keeps on turning to observe the palace. 

“Princess Seulgi-ssi I’ll send you to your room please follow me.”-The butler said.

“Ah ne.”-She said as she step on the stairs covered with red carpet. Hearing the butler called her Seulgi made her awkward for moment.

The butler opened the door for her and she was shocked to see her room is bigger than their living room. It made her freeze for a moment as she roam around the room.

Meanwhile Jimin reached their room catching his breath as he ran from his horseback riding schedule he gestured everyone to leave and checked himself on the silver vase placed in the hallway.

“Did you like our room?”-Jimin asked.

It made Seulgi startled as she finds it difficult to face him. “Ah.. Ne..”- Seulgi replied with a deep nervous voice.

“Annyeonghasaeyo I am Prince Jimin.” -He introduced himself.

“Annyeonghasaeyo I am Kang Seulgi.”- Seulgi replied without facing him. She don’t want to disrespect him but she really finds it hard to face him.

“Please don’t feel awkward. I am going to be your husband soon.”- Jimin said.

“Ne.. Your highness.. Anyway since we’re not yet married I still have the right to decide isnt it?”- Seulgi asked and finally met his eyes.

It made him nervous as she makes his heart beat faster by just looking directly to his eyes. “O—of course”-He stutters 

“Can we.. Can we sleep in a separate rooms until we get married? I find it hard to sleep with someone I only sleep beside my dongsaeng comfortably.”-Seulgi requested.

“Prince Jimin. Your instructor is waiting for you downstairs you still have to finish your schedule for today.”- The butler said interrupting Jimin to answer Seulgi’s request.

“I’ll see you later please enjoy yourself here.”- Jimin said and left her inside the room.

Seulgi feel bored roaming around the room so she decided to go downstairs and ended up walking at the bridge surrounding a pond that is connected at the palace’s balcony. She was mesmerized by the fishes as she can se clearly see it because of the clear water.

“Annyeonghasaeyo”

She turned around to check who it was and it was the head royal consultant. She was surprised to see him smiling since he only express a blank face whenever he’s seen on TV.
“Oh.. Annyeonghasaeyo”-Seulgi said.

“I can see from your expression that I am someone who”s already familiar.”-Jin said.

“Ne, but you look differently in person cause you never smile on TV.”- Seulgi responds.

It made Jin laughed. “Anyway welcome to the royal palace Princess Seulgi.”- Jin said and bowed at him.

“Do you really have to do that?”- Seulgi asked as she feel embarrassed.

“Ne, it has been decide by the council to make you exercise your rights as a princess despite you’re not coronated yet.”- Jin informed her.

“Is that so? I don’t know what should I feel.”- Seulgi responds.

Jin hold her shoulders gripping it lightly “don’t worry you’ll get used to it.” -Jin assured her.

“Consultant Kim I would like to speak with her.”- Jimin said as he came back from horseback riding.

“Of course your highness. Please excuse me Princess Seulgi.”- Jin said and bowed to both of them.

“Did Consultant Kim sxared you?”- Jimin asked.

“Ani.. He’s nice.”- Seulgi replied.

“Do you want to walk around the garden?”-Jimin asked her once again. 

“Ne.”- Seulgi said as she quietly followed Jimin,

They reached the end of the garden and they ended up with a view of the river. The place looks like a hidden place of the palace. 

“V and I usually take our baths here.”- Jimin said.

“Is it safe to bath here?”- Seulgi asked 

“Of course. Lets ask him to take a bath once he come over.”- Jimin said.

Seulgi stayed silent for a moment and sit on the rock surrounding a tree. She sighs as if she’s so problematic with the situation which made Jimin worried. He sits beside her and glances at her.

“Kwenchana?”- Jimin asked.

“Its just that.. Don’t you feel its unfair? You’re marrying someone just because of an agreement?”- Seulgi asked.

“Why is it unfair?”- Jimin asked back.

“I mean you’re a prince you’re supposed to be married with someone from a well known family or someone who’s capable to be a real princess since birth not with a regular citizen like me.”- Seulgi honestly said as she lost her confidence beside the charming prince.

“I don’t know why does words are coming out from your mouth but to tell you honestly, I’ve been admiring you since I was 8. At a young age I was already informed that I will be marrying you. The next thing I knew I was excited tk be coronated not because to be recognized but to have the right to formally introduce myself to you as your husband to be.”-Jimin confessed.
Seulgi stared at him as his words to her heart it made her heart beat like never before. She met his eyes and he smiled at her shyly with his confession. Seulgi moved closer and kissed him.