Spring Ends

Our Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Our lips were for each other and our eyes were full of dreams. We knew nothing of travel and we knew nothing of loss. Ours was a world of eternal spring, until the summer came."

  —Roman Payne, Hope and Despair

~~~~~~~

Seungyoon opened his eyes. Jinwoo was already awake, looking at him, observing him with his large deer-like eyes. Seungyoon smiled and gave Jinwoo a light kiss. He said in his rough morning voice, "Good morning."

In Seungyoon's mind, good is an understatement because it was the best spring morning he ever had, to have the person he loves right before his eyes when he opened it. He had never imagined to be like the people he was mocking before when he was performing. He didn't thought he'd fall in love but he did. He moved closer to Jinwoo, rested his head on Jinwoo's chest and hugged him like a child.

"I wanted you to know that yesterday wasn't a mistake. It was not because of alcohol. I think I fell in love with you. And I'll make you truly fall in love with me, you'd want to be with me even after three months. From now on, I'll give you all the love I could ever give in a lifetime." Seungyoon declared.

​​​​​Jinwoo hugged Seungyoon back, carressing Seungyoon's head, and just hummed in agreement.

 After filling himself with Jinwoo's warmth and embrace, Seungyoon released Jinwoo  from his hug got his clothes and said excitedly, "I'll make you breakfast."

Jinwoo smiled at him. He also dressed up before following Seungyoon to the dining table. Unlike the usual clean-cut breakfast Seungyoon always cooked, he drew hearts on the egg using ketchup this time. Seungyoon saw Jinwoo smile as he laid eyes on the heart he made and felt proud.  It was the very first breakfast since Seungyoon confirmed his affection for him.

Jinwoo took the first bite and a tear rolled down his face. It was a single tear, could easily be missed but not from Seungyoon's eyes. He had been observing Jinwoo really closely to miss it.

"Was it so delicious that it made you cry?" Seungyoon joked in an attempt to make Jinwoo smile.

​​​​​​"Yeah. Maybe I'm becoming a cry baby since living with you," Jinwoo replied.

Seungyoon gave a tender, caring look. He reached out his hand to cup Jinwoo's face and wiped off his tear with his thumb. He said, "I'll make you forget your worries so stay with me. Hm?"

There was silence.

Seungyoon knew there was a part of Jinwoo he can't cross yet. He never attempted to pry. He decided to wait for him until Jinwoo was ready to share whatever was burdening his heart.

~~~~

Seungyoon had always been passive in their relationship. He reasoned that Jinwoo was the one who wanted to be his lover in the first place so he thought Jinwoo should be the one to make effort. It was also probably because he was spoiled by Jinwoo since he never asked for more. He never anticipated to fall in love with him. But after realizing he loved him, he wanted to give more for Jinwoo. He wanted Jinwoo to feel that his love was not because of the contract.

"Achoo!" Seungyoon sneezed while hiding a boquet of flower behind his back and waiting for Jinwoo to welcome him.

Jinwoo opened the door, ready to welcome him. But seeing Seungyoon's red nose, his brows furrowed and looked worried.

Seungyoon showed the flower he had been hiding to Jinwoo's face and said with a confident, silly smile, "Flowers for you."

"YA! You know you have allergy, why should you buy flowers?! See! Your allergy is acting up again!" Jinwoo shouted in his surprise and worry for Seungyoon.

It was not the reaction Seungyoon was expecting so he got disheartened. He lowered the flowers he brought and pouted.

Seeing Seungyoon dejected, Jinwoo opened his arms wide to hug him. Seungyoon quickly reached for Jinwoo to burry himself in Jinwoo's arms. Jinwoo whispered, "Sorry. Thank you for the flowers but you are already enough. I don't need anything else." 

Seungyoon's heart can't help but flutter. Seungyoon wanted to impress Jinwoo but he was the one who fell all over again for him. His attempt failed but at least he was certain now that Jinwoo cared for him.

~~~~~

While eating breakfast, Jinwoo suddenly asked, "Seungyoon-ah, I want to watch your performance today. Let's bring Thor, Rei, and Bei too. We'll all watch together."

It was the first time Jinwoo requested to watch his performance since he would always just stay in the house while taking care of their pets. It was sudden but Seungyoon knew the reason why.  He just smiled at him and nodded.

They walked on the same flower path Seungyoon was always walking on. Only a few cherry blossom were in bloom now. The chill was gone and its starting to get warmer. Seungyoon carried his guitar on his shoulder and held Thor's cage in his left hand while Jinwoo held Rei's and Bei's cages on both hands.

Jinwoo switched Rei's cage to his right hand too to make his left hand free. He grabbed Seungyoon's hand and interlaced his fingers with his. Seungyoon got startled and looked at their hands then looked at Jinwoo's face. Jinwoo just smiled at him so he smiled back and continued their walk while swaying their hands together.

Seungyoon stopped under the same big tree where they first met. He let go of Jinwoo's hand and stood at the center to perform. Jinwoo moved to the side to watch Seungyoon perform along with their pets. Seungyoon started to sing and people gathered. He was standing alone at the center of a crowd again but this time he didn't feel lonely. He could feel Jinwoo's gaze on him and he would look at him from time to time. He always gave his best in his performance but today he had someone special whom he was offfering his songs to and it was translating to his music and everyone applauded. After Seungyoon performed, they sat under the big tree and had a picnic.

"How was my performance? I'm cool right? Do you love me now?" Seungyoon teased.

Jinwoo put out both of his thumbs and answered, "You're the best."

"Of course. Of course."  Seungyoon answered and gave a proud smile.

They spent the whole day together, just enjoying each others' company and went home when the sun has fallen. Before they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter