Start of Spring

Our Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the start of spring. The snow of winter finally melted, showing the rich earthy soil it had hidden. The white surroundings were now painted with various colours of flowers greeting the new season. The beautiful blooms also filled the air with their different fragrances. Everyone seemed to love the warmth that spring brought except for one blonde-haired man with his mouth covered in a black mask, wearing a beanie and carrying a heavy guitar on his back.

"Ha...ha...ACHOO!" Kang Seungyoon sneeezed and rubbed his already red nose as he walked on a path of cherry blossoms "Ugh! I really hate spring."

Seungyoon, 24 years old, a street performer, always had hay fever during this season. His colds in winter were just as bad as his hay fever but he hated spring a lot more.

Seungyoon stopped beneath the biggest cherry blossom tree at the center of the park. He drunk his medicine and tuned his guitar to save some time while waiting for his medicine to take effect. He then opened his guitar case and placed it in front of him. Beside the opened guitar case, he carefully placed a cardboard that says, "Pay what you think it's worth. Thank you. Follow me on insta or on twitter: @realkangseungyoon "

Voice was ready. Guitar was tuned. His hands were all warmed up. Seungyoon started to sing. His voice echoed around the park. It was powerful and demanding attention yet it was also sweet and romantic. Soon enough, curious on-lookers started to surround him and each one seemed to have their own partner with them. There were people holding hands. Some were linking arms. Some girls were getting hugged at the back by their boyfriends as they enjoy Seungyoon's serenades. The rosy pink atmosphere between the couples was being accentuated by the pink falling cherry blossoms.

Amidst the warm place and the sweet love song that Seungyoon was singing, he was observing the people surrounding him. Some were familiar faces he had seen from his previous performances. He was thinking while performing, Ahhh...That guy has found a new girl. I saw that guy with a different girl yesterday.Those couple looks like they just started dating. Oh! this girl has brought a different man this year.

It had been two years since he started this way of life. He left everything to follow his love for music. In the past two years, he saw how people fall in and out of love. Out of all seasons, it was during spring that he had the most couples in his audience. Seungyoon cringed in all the sweet gestures he saw and the whispers of love he heard. Ugh! I really hate spring. You will all breakup in the end.

Truthfully, Seungyoon didn't mean to curse these couples. He was just concealing his loneliness with irritation.  Spring will always be a cruel season for him, a person without anyone. He never felt more alone than being at the center of people displaying their affection for one another. The only thing he ever liked during spring was getting more tips than any of the other three seasons.

Seungyoon finished his song. The people that gathered dispersed and continued on their walk, admiring the scenery and being with the person they love. It was yet another successful performance, his guitar case was full of bills from satisfied listeners. This was all Seungyoon ever needed, he thought.

Seungyoon chose a really good spot and he thought it would be a waste not to appreciate the scenery a little bit more before calling it a day. He decided to take a nap under the cherry blossom tree and layed down on his mat. He thoughtlessly obs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter