Run

The Night Reminds Me Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon remained frozen for who-knows-how-long before she started to come back to her senses. She gave her head a wild shake, blinked twice and read the whole thing all over again, but the words didn't change. The words written on the crumpled paper were real.

"What the-?!"

She looked at the bottom of the paper, then flipped it over, trying to look for a name or any sign or symbol which could help her identify who the paper was from, but there was none. 

Chills ran up her spine, then down her arms and legs. Taeyeon immediately let go of the paper, doing the crab walk, scooting backwards. Who the heck sent it? Taeyeon wasn't a scaredy- cat but finding a crumpled piece of paper on her rooftop in the middle of night saying that someone has heard everything she said the night before seriously creeped the heck out of her. A gust of wind suddenly blew in her direction, making her shiver both in coldness and in fear.

"Who is it from?"

"Kidnapper?!"

"Serial Killer?!"

...

"Bogeyman?!" She suddenly let it out loud.

Wait.

Hold up.

Taeyeon shook her head once more, and deciding that that would be the last time she was ever going to shake her head for the day. Her head was starting to hurt.

What the ? Seriously, Taeyeon? Bogeyman?? 

Using her hands to push her back up to a crouching position. A few deep breaths later, Taeyeon was slowly getting back into her more calm and composed self, and the more rational part of her mind began functioning once more.

What the hell were you thinking?

What are you, 9?

She crawled forward, taking the crumpled piece of paper with her free hand then sat down before scanning it. She wasn't delusional enough to believe that the crumpled paper containing a message came from above, or from the stars and moon, even.

She scoffed, suddenly remembering how she panicked like a kid a while ago. How silly must she have looked when she did all those. That's when it something ticked in her head. Did the one who wrote and sent that message also see and hear everything that happened a while back? Everything?? 

.

Taeyeon suddenly had a feeling that she's being watched. She turned her head to the right, to the left, twisted her body to look back, then immediately looked back to the front. 

But if someone did hear me, does that mean... somebody else knows this part of the house aside from me? 

She blinked at her speculation. But who? All this time, she thought she was the only one who knew this location in the house. But then again, it was hard for Taeyeon to even think that any of the maids know that she's up here. It's just... not possible. 

Taking one good look at her surroundings, she slowly stood up, then hurriedly made her way back to her room.

 

---

 

! ​​​​​​She quickly ducked in her hiding place when her neighbor turned her head and looked towards the direction where she was watching her from. 

Did she see me? 

One.

Two.

Three seconds later, she slowly raised her head to take a peek and released the breath she was holding when she saw her looking back to the front. She released a deep sigh of relief after experiencing the feeling of almost being caught. 

She saw her take one good look in her surroundings before getting up to go back to her room, she presumed.

That was close.

 

---

 

"One bottle of coke, please." Taeyeon She reached for it as soon as it was handed over by the cafeteria staff. "Thanks."

"I'll have a bottle of coke too, please. Thank you." the girl next to her in the line added as soon as she finished speaking. She stole a glance at her out of curiosity then turned her head back to the cafeteria staff. Taeyeon reached over for the bottle of coke and was about to place it on her lunch tray when she noticed that the staff only came back with one bottle.

"I'm sorry miss but we only had one bottle of coke left. We forgot to restock yesterday."

"Oh, is that so?" Taeyeon turned her head towards the girl next to her and saw her sigh. "I guess my coke-chilling streak is officially broken." She pouted. Taeyeon felt bad that she got the bottle of coke so she took and lifted it.

"Umm.. if you want, you can have mine." The short girl beside her seemed surprised at what she said, but then she smiled, waving the bottle off.

"No, it's okay. You can have that. You got it first. I'll just have the juice for the day." She turned her head towards the cafeteria staff and asked what the juice for the day was.

"We have orange juice for today, miss."

"Alright then. I'll have that." She thanked the staff with a smile as she reached for the plastic cup containing her juice. "Thanks for your offer." The girl then picked up her lunch tray before she disappeared in the crowd of people looking for seats and tables. 

---

Taeyeon has just finished her lunch and surprisingly, it went better than it did yesterday. First thing she did when she got her lunch tray was to head towards the table at the far end of the room, preparing a more comprehensible speech than yesterday. But her efforts ended up in vain when she arrived and saw that the table she was expecting to be occupied by a single person turned out to be unoccupied. 

She didn't see the girl she shared a table with yesterday, but it wasn't like she'll be able to recognize her even if she were to see her again though. She just shrugged, thinking that the girl must have occupied another table today, then went to set her lunch tray down before another group of people decides to occupy the table.

---

She washed her hands thoroughly before drying it with napkins. She took one good look at herself in the mirror, running her fingers through her hair once, then headed out of the restroom. She removed the strap from her left shoulder, swinging her bag towards the front, and was about to check her next schedule when she heard someone angrily shouting at the corner of the hall. She thought it was just another nonsense ruckus caused by some unruly students, when she heard another voice. That was what made her turn her heels to go check what the noise was all about.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" Taeyeon stood at the entrance of the cafeteria, noticing a girl doing a ninety- degree bow towards a tall guy with other guy companions.

"Aiiish you just spilled orange juice on my kicks! I just bought these  last week!"

"I'm so sorry."

"You weren't even looking at where you were going! Now tell me... what are you gonna do about it?" The guy crossed her arms. 

"I will-"

"Wait wait... not so fast. You better get this right. One try. I want the right answer in one try. Or else."

"I... I w-will... ummm...." She saw the girl sweating nervously. "I-I'll buy you a new pair of shoes!"

The guy scoffed. "Eeeenk! Wrong, wrong, wrong..." He took a step forward. "That wasn't the right answer I wanted to hear. I'm disappointed 'cause I know you're a smart girl." The girl looked up with fear in her eyes. "And we all know that wrong answers equate to a punishment. Let's make it even." He smirked. 

A sound of a palm hitting a cheek alarmed Taeyeon, but it was even worse when she had to see the whole scene in front of her. Her jaw dropped low and it made her feel more awful that she could also be part of the reason why it happened. If only she didn't order the coke, or if only she insisted harder to make her take the bottle of coke instead, then she wouldn't have ordered the orange juice in a cup, and then she wouldn't have spilled it on the guy's shoes.

"He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter