Who is she?

The Night Reminds Me Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon walked along the hallway as usual. Everything was normal if you just look at her on the outside. But in reality, her mind was somewhere else. She was still confused about what she just found out yesterday. She was supposed to be happy that she finally found out about J's identity, or her basic personal information at the very least, but the words J said to her last night only made her more confused than ever.

"Hey, Taeyeon!" Sunny said as she jogged and caught up with her.

"Hey."

"Have you finished your homework in math?" 

"Yeah, why?"

"Do you mind if I compare my answer with yours? I'm a bit unsure about my answer in item number seven."

"And you're asking me, of all people?" Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at her friend.

"Oh come on, you're not that bad. Besides, out of all the few classes we have together, I can tell that you excel in math."

"Why not ask Sooyoung tho? She's smart too."

"I know but she's too busy, she probably hasn't even reached number seven yet. Wanna bet on a bottle of coke that she didn't reach number seven because a stupid fight emerged from somewhere in the campus and she had to intervene?"

"Deal."

"Great!...So...?"

"Aren't you Lee smart student-kyu?"

"I'm really unsure about my answer though. Pretty pleeease?" Sunny batted her eyelashes at Taeyeon, and the latter didn't even bother hiding how she rolled her eyes. 

"Fine, when we get to our room."

"Yes! Thanks, Taeyeon, you're the best!" 

"Yeah, yeah, sure."

"Oh by the way..." Taeyeon sensed the hesitation in her friend's voice, as if the whole mood just shifted.

"What?"

"What happened with you and your friend, J?"

"Ah..." Taeyeon looked down as they turned left, finally entering their room.

"Did you talk to her?"

"I did, but it didn't go pretty well." She said while handing Sunny her math notebook.

"Why not?"

"I don't know either. Which reminds me, I have a question, but I need Sooyoung here too."

"Present." Taeyeon snapped her head to the side.

"Oh, hey Sooyoung!"

"Yo, what's up?" The tall girl asked as she sat next to Sunny at the last row of chairs. "By the way, do you guys have answers for items seven to ten? I was doing it earlier but I had to intervene in a fight in the soccer field, the noise was really distracting- aiiiish." Sunny looked at Taeyeon with an I told you so look, while the latter rolled her eyes, knowing she just lost a bet and now owes Sunny a bottle of coke.

"Oh, here. Taeyeon already has an answer."

"Mind if I copy it, Taeyeon-ah? I swear I know the topic but I barely have a few minutes left before Miss Jang arives."

"Yeah, I don't mind."

"Thanks! I'll treat you a bottle of coke at lunch later." Taeyeon's eyes widened in amazement as Sunny tried to stifle her laugh. "What was it you needed with me, by the way?" Sooyoung asked as she scribbled down the answers for the remaining items at lightning speed.

"Ah yeah... I was just wondering... yesterday at the library, it seemed like you guys wanted to tell me something about my friend--?"

Sooyoung stopped writing all of a sudden and Taeyeon noticed it.

"Is something wrong?"

"Is this a four or a nine?" Sooyoung lifted the notebook up for Taeyeon to see.

"Oh, it's a four."

"I see, thanks." She erased the number she wrote, obviously telling them she wrote the other number. "There, I'm done." Sooyoung sighed and placed the cap of the pen back. "Now what were you saying? Sorry I didn't catch it."

"So as I was saying... yesterday, I felt like you wanted to say something to-"

"Wait, hold on." Sooyoung scrambled in her seat to get the loud and vibrating phone out of her pocket, before answering it. "Hello?...yeah... oh really? wow okay, I'll be right there." The tall girl then ended the call, stood up and fixed her bag. "I gotta go guys, the shirts we ordered for this year's intramurals just came in and the office called that we needed to sort them out as early as now."

"Can I come too?"

"Is it okay for you to skip math class?"

"Yeah, I already know the lesson, anyway. And you could use a helping hand, right?"

"Sure, come with me then. Taeyeon, I'm so sorry for this, but could you be in charge with our notebooks? Just in case Miss Jang asks to pass our homeworks?"

"Sure, no problem."

"I'm really sorry. I swear, I owe you soda later at lunch!"

Taeyeon laughed. "Yeah, sure. Good luck!"

"We'll see you later, Taeyeon!"

"Yeah, bye Sunny."

 

-

 

2 nights.

It's been 2 nights since Taeyeon last saw her friend. 

Taeyeon checked her watch, 10:09 p.m. 

She sighed. 

2 hours.

It's been 2 hours since she sat here waiting. She wanted to talk to J so bad, but she wasn't sure if she'll be coming tonight. Taeyeon stood up, dusted herself off, and walked to the left most part of their rooftop.

"J?"

...

"J, are you there?"

...

"Can we talk?"

...

"I just wanna- OW!" A thud followed after, and series of groaning followed. Taeyeon held her knee. 

Rustling noises.

The sound of the leaves.

A pair of shoes running.

"Taeyeon? Taeyeon, are you okay?" 

The girl on the floor smirked.

"What the-"

"There you are." 

The other girl, realizing she has been fooled, quickly got up and tried to run away, but Taeyeon was quick to grab her wrist. 

"Hey, hey, wait!"

"Let go!" The other girl pulled her wrist free.

"Wait! Don't go!"

"You are the worst."

"I'm sorry for doing that, I just wanna talk." A scoff was heard. "Please?"

The other girl pulled her wrist out of the shorter girl's grip successfully, but stayed in her position. Taeyeon took thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter